DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Elliott

Reaction score
Erik's truck is heavy, running MT's, big HP, and good suspension that seems to put the power to the ground. All these things he has going for him. As Dustin said, the difference in gear ratios front to rear should be negligible in the soft dirt. Let'r eat Erik!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Was going to spray two stages with .110 jets but when the rain came down it looked like a burn out competition. So decided not to do it, but when I was up the track was in great shape. Could have handled the spray.

Elliott

Reaction score
Great job Erik, feel bad for the mechanical issues. Looked like the motor was super strong, and we all know you have wicked driving skills. Just wondering, aside from the massive hp and torque, is the angle fairly extreme from the t-case to front diff, causing extra stress on the pinion/joint, or was it just a simple case of metal fatigue? Just curious. Once again, it was a super-human effort by all involved in Erik's camp for the preparation, last minute repairs, and repairs during the competition!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
considering erik just about won the sled pull on fuel says ALOT .

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You should have heard that wild man with the Duramax dually. I ended up going out there cause I head him doing burnouts through the parking lot.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Erik do you ever sled pull with it? I don't know what class you'd be running. But seems like it loves to be hooked to a sled

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
It seems like heavy 6.4 trucks like to sled pull, a shop out here built a 450 lifted with AF 22's that thing is a big truck. Local sled pull, he had to pretty much brake to keep from going off the end of the pulling track. And he had very minor mods

6.4psd916

Reaction score
He said he may go to redding, which is the same weekend, and is in his home state of Cali. My guess is he is getting the front end fixed before it goes anywhere.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.