DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

3brorce

Reaction score
Oh I see. I just know what it sounds like but dont know what it looks like eh! got it lol

Elliott

Reaction score
Being Canadian, I can probably be caught quite often using eh many times during the course of a day. I don't even notice myself doing it, lol. About 8-9 years ago, myself and 3 other Canadians were down in Dallas ( Carrolton) for some training at Halliburton's training facility. The Texans knew right away that we were "foreigners", lol.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
640 acres? That's wee. Or large farms start at 5,000 and go into to the many of tens of thousands. A buddy of mine crops 36,000 acres.

And I bet it is all non irrigated, plant and let grow. What is that ground worth per acre? Can't really compare the two.

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya cotton, garlic and tomato ground is a little diff then wheat and barley ground I would say. All non-irrigated dry ground Id bet as well. A little different operation in going about harvesting that crop as well.

Elliott

Reaction score
Agreed, there are some irrigated areas up in Canada, but a large percentage is dry land. Mostly cereal grains, canola, and some potatoes grown up here. I can't imagine what an acre of good farm land would sell for in Cali!!

dieselpower

Reaction score
Agreed, there are some irrigated areas up in Canada, but a large percentage is dry land. Mostly cereal grains, canola, and some potatoes grown up here. I can't imagine what an acre of good farm land would sell for in Cali!!

Ground up here in northern California sells for anywhere from 5-10k+/acre for open land, and 15-20k+/acre for land with young walnut trees on them.

This is all irrigated of course...

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Kind

Reaction score
Around here in the md of bonnyville farm land is on average between $2000-$3000 per acre. Non irrigated.

Farmers usually plant cereals, conola and sometimes peas.

dieselpower

Reaction score
We used to live in Kansas and farmed dry land, and we would never go back. When your at the mercy of the weather, you got a good chance of losing.

I agree with Erik, you can't compare dry land to irrigated.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
So, what was the most Erik dynoed on fuel? I could have sworn I read somewhere he did 1050+ on fuel.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
fuel in DPC we only did 750 or something like that. Never got the big turbo lit. When tuning they did see over 1000hp on fuel.

I will go to Huckfest but not compete in it. LOL

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Just curious whats going on with your truck Erik. I see some turbos for sale, and wasn't sure what direction you were going with it now. I thought it was an awesome build and a killer engine setup.

01PSD

Reaction score
Just curious whats going on with your truck Erik. I see some turbos for sale, and wasn't sure what direction you were going with it now. I thought it was an awesome build and a killer engine setup.

pun intended? J/k he didn't have engine problems, just turbo issues I think LOL