Dps rods

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly - I believe the rumor is that when Freddy had his truck at DPS and Ken was going to build the motor - Ken took a Crower rod from the build and had it measured to be copied at his machine shop. This was before Freddy went and gathered up all of his stuff in a very poor state of repair to take it to the next shop where he got boned even worse.

Short Bus

Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly - I believe the rumor is that when Freddy had his truck at DPS and Ken was going to build the motor - Ken took a Crower rod from the build and had it measured to be copied at his machine shop. This was before Freddy went and gathered up all of his stuff in a very poor state of repair to take it to the next shop where he got boned even worse.

Jason, you have to remember that most of these guys don't know who Freddy is let alone know about that whole train wreck.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Jason, you have to remember that most of these guys don't know who Freddy is let alone know about that whole train wreck.

I know - but I was always told that if you didn't have anything nice to say then you shouldn't say it. I was hoping the OP would consider a rod copied by a shop that he had never heard of with at least one truck leaving the shop in pieces would have provided some caution.

imelmo

Reaction score

I wonder what ever happened to Freddy. He was a good guy. Sucked that he got screwed so hard.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Who is Freddy ?

I can't seem to locate his build thread over on PSN....

Short version - he is a guy that took his truck to DPS - then after a long period of time he went and picked it up with truck being in a very very sad state of repair - engine parts on the seat, bed full of junk, no motor, no trans, stored outside, etc... real sad deal.

Then he took his truck to BWD back when everyone thought that was a great plan before Brian proved to everyone that he was worse than DPS. Freddy spent a BUNCH of coin there on parts, frame off restoration, all custom stuff, compounds, built motor, etc.... he hasn't gotten anything for his money as last I knew the truck still sat there in pieces, partly done, and claiming that he owes a bill so it can't be picked up.

Freddy was a great guy that got royally screwed hard by two shops.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score

Short version - he is a guy that took his truck to DPS - then after a long period of time he went and picked it up with truck being in a very very sad state of repair - engine parts on the seat, bed full of junk, no motor, no trans, stored outside, etc... real sad deal.

Then he took his truck to BWD back when everyone thought that was a great plan before Brian proved to everyone that he was worse than DPS. Freddy spent a BUNCH of coin there on parts, frame off restoration, all custom stuff, compounds, built motor, etc.... he hasn't gotten anything for his money as last I knew the truck still sat there in pieces, partly done, and claiming that he owes a bill so it can't be picked up.

I would be royally hitting someone with a bat.

Big Bore

Reaction score

Black widow is still holding that truck hostage? That company is like a diesel terrorist organization. I seem to remember a similar story about a set of compounds from them.

Latest posts

Members online