Drop in batmowheels for stock 6.4 turbos

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Doubt it tadd mods the exhaust side which includes a different wheel. I know Doug was working on Modding the exhaust side...

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Every turbo out there works the same way, take it apart put something in it and wala there went 200 degrees!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
i think spoolup wont be afected, the vgt isnt changing, but based on my limited knowledge, even if the efficiency is improved, there will be a bp increase. that means its moving more air, therefore the stock exhaust housings will not be able to handle it. hell the bp on the tow powers is really high. like i said my limited knowledge..i may be way off base. its really awesome there are becoming so many options!

Bingo

Beans71086

Reaction score
its a billet piece IIRC and the veins of the turbine have a really radical design that they cant make any other way...it spools faster, and can lower bp and by doing that makes your engine more efficient.

Batmowheel on the left...Regular wheel on the right

seepicture.asp

Awesome thanks, it's good to learn at least one new thing a day :)

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I'm very interested to see how these compare to the Elite setups. That would be 800 for just wheels so if they are close in comparison this would be a great way to go.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect a 63mm wheel to outflow a 71mm billet.

If someone buys them they should run just the wheel in the big Turbo... dyno then put a wheel in the high pressure... then dyno... I wanna see if the high pressure does anything for power

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

If someone buys them they should run just the wheel in the big Turbo... dyno then put a wheel in the high pressure... then dyno... I wanna see if the high pressure does anything for power

Thats a good Idea, and no I don't think they will flow as much as a set of tow powers but they would be a cheaper alternative and stepping stone on the way to more power. Even if peak power isnt much improved I'd like to see if the powerband is any broader than stock.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i will try it for sure if it shows some good gains. itd be a nice stepping stone like said, i cant afford tow powers with a list of egr delete, wastegate, studs, and decent sized nozzles

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score

If I was capable of doing the work myself I'd totally do it. But I wouldn't even know where to start

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I wonder if a Guy could drop the downpipe and pull the comp housing on the LP and do it in the truck?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I wonder if a Guy could drop the downpipe and pull the comp housing on the LP and do it in the truck?

You can't get the low pressure housing off without pulling turbos
I don't think it be worth the hassle of taking the turbos off to just change on wheel

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What kind of backpressure (If any) increase Craig? I see alot more cupping compared to stock

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You can't get the low pressure housing off without pulling turbos
I don't think it be worth the hassle of taking the turbos off to just change on wheel

That was what i was getting at, if you could pull them once to do the high pressure, then it would be cool to put the low pressure wheel on first and then try the high, i know i wouldnt pull them twice if i didnt have to, but i would also want to make sure that extra 400 bucks was worth it

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
this is an awesome option should it work. the work to do them is gonna suck though. id be surprised if someone couldnt get the comp cover off the lp turbo though, is it too buried to squeeze out or the rear bolts arent accessible?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.