Drop in batmowheels for stock 6.4 turbos

Matt

Reaction score
Off topic, but I thought Charles' was so quiet because the clearances and what not were real tight.

Matt

Reaction score
I don't get what a race cover has to do with the clearances being real tight? I remember reading in Charles' thread that Jose told him it wouldn't make much noise because it was real tight, but what's it have to do with a race cover? I must have missed something.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
a loud turbo doesnt always mean a not good wheel, but there is something to making the wheel quieter.

I do think from the vids i have seen that the bat wheel is loud but it could be flat moving air i dunno

I know one precision i had had a different sound too it, almost sounded like it was about to stall all the time, just had an odd pitch when it was wound up... ***er moved some air tho.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
a loud turbo doesnt always mean a not good wheel, but there is something to making the wheel quieter.

I do think from the vids i have seen that the bat wheel is loud but it could be flat moving air i dunno

I know one precision i had had a different sound too it, almost sounded like it was about to stall all the time, just had an odd pitch when it was wound up... ***er moved some air tho.

ball bearing vs jornal bearing, clearance vs less clearance.... 04 6.0 turbo straight piped vs the world.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Isn't it the 03 turbo that was so loud or was it both 03 and 04? I love it when guys with 05-07 trucks swap in 03 turbo's. LOL

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
there is a video on youtube of a supra with a bullseye batmowheel s374 and that sucker is ***in loud

Last edited:

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
there is a video on youtube of a supra with a bullseye batmowheel s374 and that sucker is ***in loud

saw that. theres also some vids of donzimamas truck and you cant really hear it at all. then theres quite a few cummins vids where you can hear it pretty good. guess we'll have to see

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Aron Nick's old truck with the batmowheel didn't make a lot of turbo noise. You could hear it, but it wasn't real loud or high pitched.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Increasing compressor flow at the same turbine RPM as before does drop drive pressure as long as you haven't reached the limit of turbine flow (like at WOT). I have seen this on the 7.3s that have ported heads and ported heads and a cam. The boost is lower at the same cfm just like if you upped compressor flow and thus the EGTs are much cooler towing and at cruise. Once you reach the flow limit of the hot side of the charger or chargers, the egts will get out of hand quick.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.