Duramax girl bought a 6.4

cbf9703

Reaction score
She may of had the sleds for a year or more now. Might be on a payment plan.

Totally a possibility. Thought I saw them on the random picture thread in the last day or two with a comment about them being the new sleds... seemed like a recent purchase. Either way, it sucks when unplanned expenses come up, I know all about being on a tight budget.

sniper_101

Reaction score
When you live this far North, you will sacrifice food and shelter for a nice motortoboggan!

It's a new to you truck that still has the known issues, just give it time to delete it and work the bugs out and you'll remember why you sold the dmax for it.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Totally a possibility. Thought I saw them on the random picture thread in the last day or two with a comment about them being the new sleds... seemed like a recent purchase. Either way, it sucks when unplanned expenses come up, I know all about being on a tight budget.

Ya I picked them up. Ordered and have been paying for it since the snow-check spring order. Ya it sucks.. Specially coming from a truck that was incredibly reliable...:doh:

08sixfour12

Reaction score
When you live this far North, you will sacrifice food and shelter for a nice motortoboggan!

It's a new to you truck that still has the known issues, just give it time to delete it and work the bugs out and you'll remember why you sold the dmax for it.

HAHA exactly!!! You in AB too?
lol yep, I still have faith in it even though I curse it every day

08sixfour12

Reaction score
So last night. Here's what happened
-took apart thermostats thinking they were going to be mangled... They looked just as good as the motocraft ones I bought - changed them anyways.
-took off the water pump... It was working fine.
-no oil or coolant mixing which I'm happy about
-egr coolers were clean as a whistle - no wetness just a bit of soot
-front cover looks brand new.. No cavitation
-put everything back together and did a compression gas test for the head gaskets, that was fine, came back good. Tech here said that i don't have a head gasket issue.
-scanned the truck, glow plug 6 is gone
-put some card board in the front
-put new coolant rated for -50 in and burped any air out

Had amazing wonderful heat at idle then once I got to 100-80km on the highway (I'm in canada hence the km lol) I lost most to all of my heat :(

I'm thinking now the blend door actuator thing or I need a new heater core. Any ideas?

truckman1974

Reaction score
I should also mention the truck has been stock all it's life, and has 260,000 kilometers.

For those of you who do not speak "kilometers"....That means it has 161,556 miles on it.

MERICA!!!!!

Attachments

• flagstache.jpg
    flagstache.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 69

08sixfour12

Reaction score
So last night. Here's what happened
-took apart thermostats thinking they were going to be mangled... They looked just as good as the motocraft ones I bought - changed them anyways.
-took off the water pump... It was working fine.
-no oil or coolant mixing which I'm happy about
-egr coolers were clean as a whistle - no wetness just a bit of soot
-front cover looks brand new.. No cavitation
-put everything back together and did a compression gas test for the head gaskets, that was fine, came back good. Tech here said that i don't have a head gasket issue.
-scanned the truck, glow plug 6 is gone
-put some card board in the front
-put new coolant rated for -50 in and burped any air out

Had amazing wonderful heat at idle then once I got to 100-80km on the highway (I'm in canada hence the km lol) I lost most to all of my heat :(

I'm thinking now the blend door actuator thing or I need a new heater core. Any ideas?

bump. Anyone have any input what it could be causing my no heat at all issue? I ruled out that it's not my blend doors, they all work.
I'm going to change the heater core this week but is there ANYTHING else it could be??
Thanks

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
bump. Anyone have any input what it could be causing my no heat at all issue? I ruled out that it's not my blend doors, they all work.
I'm going to change the heater core this week but is there ANYTHING else it could be??
Thanks
Are both hoses at the heater core hot? I wouldnt replace the heater core for a no heat issue, the only time you replace them is when they leak.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Maybe this will help.
I did a quick internet search and on fixya.com I found this (looks like similar problem):

QUESTION:
2008 ford f250 6.4l diesel, heater works one time when i get in to drive, the next time it just blows cold air, its not overheating, not sure what is going, any ideas?

ANSWER:
Feel the heater hoses when it blows cold air--they should be quite hot when the engine is up to temperature. If ok, then either the control center in the dash has a problem or an air-duct vacuum-controlled-valve has a problem with sticking in one position. The truck is too new to have bad vacuum lines, but one may have a kink that is causing a problem. Check around the engine and the dash control panel for a loose or split vacuum line.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Are both hoses at the heater core hot? I wouldnt replace the heater core for a no heat issue, the only time you replace them is when they leak.

Haven't checked, but I have had the heater core flushed twice last winter and every time that was done, my heat lasted like 20 minutes then disappeared.

Maybe this will help.
I did a quick internet search and on fixya.com I found this (looks like similar problem):

QUESTION:
2008 ford f250 6.4l diesel, heater works one time when i get in to drive, the next time it just blows cold air, its not overheating, not sure what is going, any ideas?

ANSWER:
Feel the heater hoses when it blows cold air--they should be quite hot when the engine is up to temperature. If ok, then either the control center in the dash has a problem or an air-duct vacuum-controlled-valve has a problem with sticking in one position. The truck is too new to have bad vacuum lines, but one may have a kink that is causing a problem. Check around the engine and the dash control panel for a loose or split vacuum line.

What does it mean by control center in the dash? & Thanks!!

truckman1974

Reaction score
What does it mean by control center in the dash? & Thanks!!

I think he means the actual control knob module. Maybe just see if you can pick up a set of control knobs from a junk yard and see if somehow that fixes the problems. That would be a cheaper test run than a heater core... Just an idea (if you are POSITIVE your baffles that are controlling the doors are functioning properly?)

08sixfour12

Reaction score
I think he means the actual control knob module. Maybe just see if you can pick up a set of control knobs from a junk yard and see if somehow that fixes the problems. That would be a cheaper test run than a heater core... Just an idea (if you are POSITIVE your baffles that are controlling the doors are functioning properly?)

Yeah that's for sure an option, thank you. Yeah I am very positive that my doors are working correctly - WHEN the truck had heat when we did all that work, when I turned the temp down in both the regular and dual setting, it got colder and warmer as it should and the fan speeds work as well. Nothing clicked or made noises while doing so.

truckman1974

Reaction score
I had to change the actuator in my wife's Ford Flex because it would blow real loud (you could hear it in the dash running) but nothing would come out. I changed that part ($25) and it worked like a charm after that.....but it wasn't a matter of it blowing cold air instead of hot it just would blow at all! I could also hear some popping in the dash where it was trying though....

08sixfour12

Reaction score
I had to change the actuator in my wife's Ford Flex because it would blow real loud (you could hear it in the dash running) but nothing would come out. I changed that part ($25) and it worked like a charm after that.....but it wasn't a matter of it blowing cold air instead of hot it just would blow at all! I could also hear some popping in the dash where it was trying though....

Ya my fan works, blows like a hurricane.

Latest posts

Members online