EC/LB Motor Build

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I haven't even posted good clean pics of her since getting her back. I need to fix the slight curve in the front driver side fender before I post any good pics.

Nobody will even see it. Just take pics from the right side.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well I cant catch a break. It's always the little things......

My High Beams on my retro fit headlights haven't worked since I got them. I know when I had them retro'ed they worked as I saw pictures before they shipped to me of the low and hi cutoff so where the malfunction occurred I really don't know. Not a big deal really as I use my rigid XL fogs instead of my high beams most of the time anyway. However I wanted to fix the high beams anyway. Sooo we tore apart the entire Morimoto HID system yesterday to find the high beams were NOT receiving power. So once we tracked down the bad connection and got power running to the high beams, the high beams still did NOT work. On top of that, my passenger side HID ballast randomly decided to quit working as it was receiving power but not outputting power to the headlight and it was working just fine Saturday evening. Idk what happened to it in those few hours yesterday, but it has to have gone bad. No other explanation. It's still under warranty so hopefully ill have a new one later this week. So no passenger side low/hi until then. Fml. Then once that's fixed ill probably end up having to send my lights out anyway to have the high beam situation fixed as its most likely the shutter solenoid issue which is internal to the retrofit itself....

Nothing cooperates with me....

On a positive note, this coming Thursday/Friday is my truetrac locker install which will be nice. This new setup needs as much traction help as it can get.

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Luckily you have the rigids. Just sucks tho that you have to go through this with new stuff. Hopefully you get it resolved.

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Effing HID's. Ran direct power to the Projector. Solenoids don't work. More warranty parts to happen now...

On a side note, I'm having a truetrac installed tonight/tomorrow. I'm interested to see how much it helps!

Black AOD

Reaction score
Oh look what fits here nice....

uploadfromtaptalk1460471831345.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
So the TrueTrac is in. Boy oh Boy, why these things don't come from the factory beats the hell out of me. No more one wheel peels, actually powers through a corner and doesn't slip, it does much better in rain, and a WOT pull doesnt result in my tires becoming roller blades as much LOL

Really great add on if you ask me. I honestly think it helped firm up shifts a little bit but maybe I am slightly paranoid....

Last edited:

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
I've been considering one. You think it's definitely worth it? I'm no where near the power you have but I think it'd be nice

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i got one to, and love it.

but it sucks in the snow. there is lots of go, ya lots of go, it's just harder to go straight. not bad when your kinda by yourself on the road, but in traffic in town, just watch it till you learn it then it's not as bad.

Black AOD

Reaction score
i got one to, and love it.

but it sucks in the snow. there is lots of go, ya lots of go, it's just harder to go straight. not bad when your kinda by yourself on the road, but in traffic in town, just watch it till you learn it then it's not as bad.
It's been fine for me in traffic. Snow idk yet

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
You will get better forward traction, but if the rear end is locked together and the truck still doesn't want to go forward it'll want to move laterally. Good way to keep people in the other lanes at a distance lol

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
True, but if you aren't moving forward much counter steer will literally make you crab walk lmao.

Like tree trimmer said, you just have to know how it's going to act and drive accordingly.

It's still better than one tire on a good patch of concrete and one in the snow and your truck doesn't want to move.

Black AOD

Reaction score
My 6.4 isn't fast anyway. It doesn't need to stay kept away. Why hide what's slow ?