Edge CTS questions

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i unerstand that the CTS is a cheap cool alternative to others, but its just that. i hate to say it, but at this point, nothing can touch the dd, not even close.

Especially now that i have a harness for reading low pressure boost :D

The DD is an awesome tool for sure

And FWIW you wouldnt want to put another sensor in for rail pressure thats 24,000 psi of pressure...

You could possibly tap into the return wire for the factory sensor and rob the signal and translate it into a usuable number, but i wouldnt want to hack into the harness like that.

Cant you watch FRP on the DD under generic OBDII? Sounds to me like edge doesnt really want or care to do it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Put my dd in after some ice cream:walkin: only pic that wasn't blurry with the light, bad angle.

8e4225f6.png

I have a "night" theme skin that looks almost identical to the ford guages, ill send it to you if you want, way better than what comes factory on the DD

Did you buy the full ford PID's?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
still sick. josh(jhaddox) lemme try his out last night with my edge pod and let me drive with it. is awesome. can't wait

I love all the features, amazing what it can read through the obd.

I have a "night" theme skin that looks almost identical to the ford guages, ill send it to you if you want, way better than what comes factory on the DD

Did you buy the full ford PID's?

I'd really appreciate it, the default skins aren't the best lol. I got the full ford pids. I don't have to activate anything by hooking it up to the computer beforehand? All I did was let it search for more pids, and it came up the alot more. The other screen that says analog on has a couple, speed, voltage, coolant temp, rail pressure, and a few more. The full ford really opens it up, and I'm not sure if I'm even looking at all the pids.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Especially now that i have a harness for reading low pressure boost :D

The DD is an awesome tool for sure

And FWIW you wouldnt want to put another sensor in for rail pressure thats 24,000 psi of pressure...

You could possibly tap into the return wire for the factory sensor and rob the signal and translate it into a usuable number, but i wouldnt want to hack into the harness like that.

Cant you watch FRP on the DD under generic OBDII? Sounds to me like edge doesnt really want or care to do it.

i realized all of it, sold the CTS. adam brannan and i talked about it and he emailed his edge guy and tried to work on it last week... i waited long enough and ordered a DashDaq from Drew Tech yesterday. i got the trial on ford PID's

F350

Reaction score
Do you guys that have the GPS option have to pay for a new download or liscense each year to get the most curent software?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I'd really appreciate it, the default skins aren't the best lol. I got the full ford pids. I don't have to activate anything by hooking it up to the computer beforehand? All I did was let it search for more pids, and it came up the alot more. The other screen that says analog on has a couple, speed, voltage, coolant temp, rail pressure, and a few more. The full ford really opens it up, and I'm not sure if I'm even looking at all the pids.

If you go to Drew Techs website, under forums I believe their are the Ford day and night gauges. They are posted by Javi of Stealth Automotive. You can download tons of them their.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i realized all of it, sold the CTS. adam brannan and i talked about it and he emailed his edge guy and tried to work on it last week... i waited long enough and ordered a DashDaq from Drew Tech yesterday. i got the trial on ford PID's

The trial on the ford pids is what everyone with a spartan tuner runs, and its really enough to satisfy most people, i do wish mine had the full ford pids because i would like to utilize the egr inlet temp sensor as a turbo outlet temp sensor to data log some runs to test intercooler efficiency...

And yes javi has some nice skins for the DD you guys might check out as well, mine are similar but i made some custom stuff like running 3 analog looking guages and still allowing for 2 digital guages, so like boost, egts, trans temp, and then fuel rail pressure and coolant temperature or something like that, i also made several different screens so you can set one up for drag racing, towing, dd, ect, im sending one to monstar tonight, give me any feed back as needed.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I got the Ford PID''s through Drew Tech when I bought mine. Yes, there is a lot of stuff you can monitor. 100 or so.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
If you go to Drew Techs website, under forums I believe their are the Ford day and night gauges. They are posted by Javi of Stealth Automotive. You can download tons of them their.

Thanks for the tip, I'm loving all the options out there. Dz's low pressure boost sounds awesome too. As for the gps, I didn't get it. Didn't know they had it actually, but I mainly use my phone anyway.

Guys with dd's already, there's no way to have it start up when you turn the truck on? Only one I'm seeing is for powering off.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'm loving all the options out there. Dz's low pressure boost sounds awesome too. As for the gps, I didn't get it. Didn't know they had it actually, but I mainly use my phone anyway.

Guys with dd's already, there's no way to have it start up when you turn the truck on? Only one I'm seeing is for powering off.

No way to turn on with start up you gotta hit the button...only a power off when you shut the truck down

Erikclaw

Reaction score
No way to turn on with start up you gotta hit the button...only a power off when you shut the truck down

There is a way for it to shut down when the power is off. Think it does so after a certain amt of time with no power. Can't recall how though.Download the manual from Drew Tech pretty sure it is in there.

Dustin's lp and hp turbo readings is cool. See what each one is doing.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Just makin sure I'm understanding what's up with the dd. Can it be bought only as a monitor, and use for say an x3 to load tunes? I've already got a cts and was gonna buy an x3 from eric. Am I on the right track here or am i way off. If so ill sell the cts and buy a dd.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score

That's what I was thinking. Oh well, not a big deal.

I've never seen the edge pod for this. Does it go above the left ac vent?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
There is a way for it to shut down when the power is off. Think it does so after a certain amt of time with no power. Can't recall how though.Download the manual from Drew Tech pretty sure it is in there.

Dustin's lp and hp turbo readings is cool. See what each one is doing.

Ya...you just gotta go into the settings and calibrate it with one of the pid's and after one minute of the DD seeing no power from that pid itll power off by itself

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Just makin sure I'm understanding what's up with the dd. Can it be bought only as a monitor, and use for say an x3 to load tunes? I've already got a cts and was gonna buy an x3 from eric. Am I on the right track here or am i way off. If so ill sell the cts and buy a dd.

I use it for the gauges only, you can run erics tunes and the dd as well. Your right, sell the cts and get a dd with the x3 no doubt, you'll love it.

yea..it's the cts pod

I'll look for a pic of someones then. I like it on the top of the windshield, but it's like having a big screen in my face. I'd rather have it up there though than the bottom corner. It's too far away and strains my eyes.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I'll look for a pic of someones then. I like it on the top of the windshield, but it's like having a big screen in my face. I'd rather have it up there though than the bottom corner. It's too far away and strains my eyes.

a lot of guys use the suction cup pod and put it over there tach and then just bring up a digital tach signal on the DD

Latest posts

Members online