Egts

slc6oh

Reaction score
Yea im pretty sure im 650-700 at them speeds on a 150hp file (if thats what the “new” 40-210 sotf level 4 is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Gonna piggyback off of this thread...

I just did the full d3letes my 2013. Truck has 36k miles.

5" exhaust & No Limit EGR Kit. SCT GTX tuner & SCT EGT sensor kit, running Tyrant tunes.

My temps cruising at 60 mph are 900 deg with 2.5 psi boost.

70 mph temps increase a little. That's running the tow tune.

I could make almost the exact same post except I have 4” exhaust and mine is a 2011. Performance and extreme tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score

5" exhaust & No Limit EGR Kit. SCT GTX tuner & SCT EGT sensor kit, running Tyrant tunes.

Seems to be on the high side to me. Truck runs good and still makes a ton of power. I'm not sure if I believe the EGT sensor since its still that hot running on a low power tune. Anyone have cruising temps that high?

I'm a little worried since I'm supposed to pull the camper out of town next week.

Mine was always 550-650. Yours is high.

08Monster

Reaction score

Seems to be on the high side to me. Truck runs good and still makes a ton of power. I'm not sure if I believe the EGT sensor since its still that hot running on a low power tune. Anyone have cruising temps that high?

I'm a little worried since I'm supposed to pull the camper out of town next week.
Jeez, I know it's not the same thing but here's mine for reference, maybe something you want to look into.

Just did the MPD 363sxe kit on mine

Stage 2 no limit intake
5in exhaust
No limit EGR dlete
363SXE
Tyrant tunes sotf tunes

I was towing my skid steer yesterday, 28ft gooseneck and cat skidder, probably 12-15k lbs, and on my tow tune I can hold it floored and egts went to 920 degrees and actually started to drop. Accelerated from 20-75mph and egts were about 875 when I let off.

Tried again on my race tune, climbed to 1300 and topped off at WOT, never climbed over. Very impressed with the egt reduction on this kit. On my race tune empty, egts haven't gone over 1100

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

farm boy

Reaction score
Well I guess that confirms I have something messed up then.

Turbo was supposedly replaced under warranty by the dealer that I bought it from @ 33k miles so I'm ruling out turbo failure for now.

Only potential boost leak would be the hot side plastic piece where it connects to the turbo (already upgraded cold side pipe). Ill pull that off and make sure the o-ring is good and the plastic isn't cracked.

Other than that Im stumped as to why its running hot.
Thanks for the Replies!

Jomax

Reaction score
Well I guess that confirms I have something messed up then.

Turbo was supposedly replaced under warranty by the dealer that I bought it from @ 33k miles so I'm ruling out turbo failure for now.

Only potential boost leak would be the hot side plastic piece where it connects to the turbo (already upgraded cold side pipe). Ill pull that off and make sure the o-ring is good and the plastic isn't cracked.

Other than that Im stumped as to why its running hot.

Thanks for the Replies!

Before you get deep, make sure your egt sensor isn’t bad.

farm boy

Reaction score
I pulled a known working Autometer Pyro out of another truck and hooked it up. Cruising EGT is around where it should be I think, 750-800. Reading 950 at the same speeds on the SCT Monitor.

Well after spending 2 hours on the phone with SCT with the laptop hooked up and trying to explain to them that their egt reading is off, all they could do was tell me that their gauge is reading correctly and that its normal for these trucks to read over 900 just cruising around. The customer support had no idea what I was getting at.

I got no where with them. Complete waste of time. Wish I could return all their crap and get EZ-Link now. May see if No Limit has a trade in program for Tuners :morons:

redneck1

Reaction score
I pulled a known working Autometer Pyro out of another truck and hooked it up. Cruising EGT is around where it should be I think, 750-800. Reading 950 at the same speeds on the SCT Monitor.

Well after spending 2 hours on the phone with SCT with the laptop hooked up and trying to explain to them that their egt reading is off, all they could do was tell me that their gauge is reading correctly and that its normal for these trucks to read over 900 just cruising around. The customer support had no idea what I was getting at.

I got no where with them. Complete waste of time. Wish I could return all their crap and get EZ-Link now. May see if No Limit has a trade in program for Tuners :morons:

I got a new sensor in box for sct x4 with the firewire. Don't know if they're the same but I'd make deal on it for you to try..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online