Elite 71mm Review (log information)

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Do u have studs on ur truck ?

Yes. Mods done are:

Elite studs, EGR cooler delete, ported fuel rails, No Limit intake elbow/CAC pipe, SunCoast transmission and torque converter, Air Dog II DF-165, 4" downpipe, and now the turbo.

White_monster

Reaction score
Jeff get a 3" boot with the flex humps in it. Your prob pulling the boot tight when the engine torques. There's lots of options out there just make sure it's reinforced with aramid or polyester and 4 ply.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Jeff get a 3" boot with the flex humps in it. Your prob pulling the boot tight when the engine torques. There's lots of options out there just make sure it's reinforced with aramid or polyester and 4 ply.

You don't think the longer DieselSite boot will fix my issue?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You don't think the longer DieselSite boot will fix my issue?

It will. Your problem is you don't have enough bite past the beads. You got an original set of boots. I have almost 50 sets out there without issue, I just didn't like that 3" boot. Just not enough. Diesel site boot and your done. If you're engine is torquing enough to cause a problem with the boot, you have motor mount issues. I do think the flex humps could be beneficial but not necessary.

White_monster

Reaction score
No. How is a boot that can't stretch and contract gonna help? That's why the stock ford boots have the humps so things can move and not blow. My diesel site boots have found there way into the scrap bin too, from day one they won't stay on even double clamping and using hair spray and I have my CCV to atmo too, just a heads up. The hump hoses are only $25. Here's a pic from vibrant

4e1b37bb.jpg

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
No. How is a boot that can't stretch and contract gonna help? That's why the stock ford boots have the humps so things can move and not blow. My diesel site boots have found there way into the scrap bin too, from day one they won't stay on even double clamping and using hair spray and I have my CCV to atmo too, just a heads up. The hump hoses are only $25. Here's a pic from vibrant

4e1b37bb.jpg

I've never had an issue with DieseSite boots before, so why would I have one now? Not saying you are wrong, I just don't see the issue being anything other than what Mike said....the boot I have currently is simply not long enough. The DieselSite boot is longer. That should fix it I would think.

White_monster

Reaction score
Giver bud. Just giving you the best option so nothing touchs or gets pulled. Your dieselsite boot will work but it'll still pull on the pipe. Good luck and enjoy.

BFT

Reaction score
I've got all diesel site boots (except for the 4" on the HP) and its held pretty good. I've thought about the boot that was shown but haven't had a reason to change it

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
you thinking about throwing in some 30% nozzles in it jeff and do you plan on doing anything to the hp turbo?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
you thinking about throwing in some 30% nozzles in it jeff and do you plan on doing anything to the hp turbo?

I will probably eventually do 60's or 85's with the 59mm Tow Power VGT, a wastegate, valve springs, and pushrods. I want to enjoy clean power for awhile though.

dstryr

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in one of these I have one coming that I might want to sell. Some life #### came up and don't think I want it anymore. Pm or txt me 408-710-7306. I'm a full time student and work full time so give me an hour or two to respond.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Well taking it that this is a post about Elite 71mm atmosphere turbo, i am going to say that he has that for sale, Im sure its not a video for sale, or log information

Latest posts

Members online