Elite 71mm Review (log information)

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Not sure. I finally settled on exactly what I wanted, so Trevor should have it shipped out pretty soon.

EvilTwins

Reaction score
Nice numbers. Im still playing break in with my truck so i haven't been able to experience the potential of the 71mm. Reading this affirms my excitement.

Hows the air filter/filter minder situation playing out????

Beans71086

Reaction score
Got the truck on the dyno today at a local event. The dyno was a Dynojet 248C, which is the same dyno that I've always gotten my numbers on.

Before the turbo swap and No Limit intake elbow/CAC pipe, my truck made 594 uncorrected.

After the turbo swap and No Limit intake elbow/CAC pipe, my truck made 641 uncorrected. (standard correction was 665)

That's a 47 horsepower increase with VERY minimal mods. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy and hopefully this data helps others who are trying to decide on a route to go.

Nice numbers jeff!!

Was this the 310? Did you do rails and a lpfp? If so have you ever ran the 350? Everyone says you need rails to utilize the full potential of it, I don't have rails and when I tried it seemed to run like the 310 with alot more smoke. LOL I figure with more air and rails you might be able to use it.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Great numbers Jeff. Time for some nozzles.

Thanks buddy! Nozzles, 6.0 manifolds, wastegate, and the Air Dog upgrade are probably next on the list.

Nice numbers jeff!!

Was this the 310? Did you do rails and a lpfp? If so have you ever ran the 350? Everyone says you need rails to utilize the full potential of it, I don't have rails and when I tried it seemed to run like the 310 with alot more smoke. LOL I figure with more air and rails you might be able to use it.

Yes, this was with the 310 tune. I have always used that tune for dyno numbers and track times. It seems to dyno the best and it provides the best results at the track as well.

I've had rails for over a year now and an Air Dog II since the II became available for the 6.4L a few years ago. However, I do still have the topside filter. I plan to eventually do the Elite upgrade that deletes the fuel bowl.

There is another dyno day less than 5 minutes from my house at the end of the month. This shop has the exact same dyno. I was going to use it as an opportunity to back up my results from this weekend. If they don't charge too much and I have some time, I'll see if I can dyno the 350 tune as well just to see.

nice numbers man.. with u getting down to the weight u where at 12.0-.1 or so can be had for sure! now get some 60s in there

I would love to see 12.0-12.2. If I can consistently run low 12's, I will be thrilled. I could consistently run 12.48-12.52 last year with around a 1.70-1.72 60 foot. If I can run 12.2-12.3 with a similar 60 foot, I would be very happy. The goal is to get this truck competitive in the NHRDA 11.9 Index class and the Outlaw 12.0 Index class (Quick Diesel). I'll need some fuel for that to happen, but I don't think I am that far off with some added fuel and more weight reduction.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Well Jeff, I've been thinking about it and I think you may have convinced me on going with the tow power atmo. Seems like an all around great set up.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Well Jeff, I've been thinking about it and I think you may have convinced me on going with the tow power atmo. Seems like an all around great set up.

Awesome. Glad I could be of assistance! :D

Congrats in the new numbers. I like seeing the good datalogs on the setup. Should make a really fun 11.90 class truck.

Thanks Mike! I would like to think it could be competitive in that class. I am sure I can get enough weight out of it to run 12.0-12.2 consistently. I would love to click off an 11.9X with this truck at some point, but it won't happen at this weight and power level. I'll either need some fuel, spray, or another big weight loss. We will see. I want to race down at South Georgia Motorsports Park at some point this year since it's basically at sea level. I need my traction bars and 3-link from Trevor before I start racing again though.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Figured I'd give this thread a little update. I'll be going to the track in a week or two. I just got my new street tires on and should have my PMF traction bars and 3-link on the truck soon. Just waiting on blocks from Trevor. I'll be running at the same track that I had a best of 12.48@106 last year. The only difference in the setup should be weight (maybe 100 lbs heavier), no ported fuel rails now, the No Limit CAC pipe/intake elbow setup, PMF traction bars and 3-link, and the 71mm atmosphere. I expect that I'll be quicker than 12.48 but who knows how much quicker. It'll be interesting to see.

Once I've done this, the setup is changing a little. We are going to swap the Tow Power atmosphere for the Tow Power X atmosphere. This is the same low pressure turbo used in the Tow Power X and High Power compound setups. It is a 76mm ball bearing turbo from Precision Turbo. We will be adding a wastegate this time around to control back pressure, which I expect will be greater due to the increase in size of the atmosphere with no increase in size to the high pressure side. This setup will hopefully be on the truck by the end of this month or early September. I will start a new thread for that setup with pictures and data.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
You suck. And I hope the X turbo doesn't work at all, because if it does. I'm going to have to go buy one... LOL

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Its funny your doing this. I have been thinking about it for a while now. Along with some more fuel. Are you staying stock fuel?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
this is what i have been waiting for.

its been a choice for me, between the 71 and the 76.

the 71 being cheaper, and drop in.

the 76 being larger, and potentially much improved results, though not a drop in.

looking forward to your results jeff.

im goin to assume your goin to have several various datalogs, comparing stock to 71 to 76.

Latest posts

Members online