Elite 71mm Review (log information)

Dustball8504

Reaction score
It's tough to call that apples to apples... I'm 5500 feet higher than Jeff is, and I'm running different tuning.

But you're running the same setup I am minus the elevation. My Spartan 310 is a little hotter on EGT and higher backpressure than the Gearhead race. I just wondered why you and I saw 1500-1600 on a race tune and he was in the 1200 range. I'd hate to see someone buy either offering and run it in the middle of the summer on a hot tune busting out 1500 degrees and think they got taken for a ride by Elite or RCD because the turbo didn't cool it down.

jdgleason

Reaction score
But you're running the same setup I am minus the elevation. My Spartan 310 is a little hotter on EGT and higher backpressure than the Gearhead race. I just wondered why you and I saw 1500-1600 on a race tune and he was in the 1200 range. I'd hate to see someone buy either offering and run it in the middle of the summer on a hot tune busting out 1500 degrees and think they got taken for a ride by Elite or RCD because the turbo didn't cool it down.

I see what you're saying.

B585Ford

Reaction score
tExcept for towing, I have never seen 1300 at 800ft, but I cant keep it floored for long periods of time because my ebp rises to 70 on the 300 HD tune.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Those Georgia tracks close early for the cold winter weather. :poke:

Just haven't really been up for going out to the track. I believe the east GA track that's closest to me is closed. I'm not going to south GA to run it. Sooner or later it'll go down the track. Maybe I can find some heavily used 420's for the track. These 35" MT's are heavy!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Just haven't really been up for going out to the track. I believe the east GA track that's closest to me is closed. I'm not going to south GA to run it. Sooner or later it'll go down the track. Maybe I can find some heavily used 420's for the track. These 35" MT's are heavy!

Run it with the 35s, it would be a good comparison against my truck.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Any word on this? I have a 71 ready to drop in.

Not sure if it was said earlier, but is the truck studded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
What info are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just wondering if truck wasn't studded, if it wasn't were the stock head bolts holding the 71.

Not going to run a 71 anymore, have a h&s single kit on the way

The truck is studded, but I sold it last summer.

Gotcha. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

strokinpower

Reaction score
I got 71/59 on my truck and dynoed it weekend before last at the Rudy's event. It made 603/1083 on the first run and blew the bottom boot off. They let me fix it and then only made 549 and 550 hp on the next two pulls. I was expecting more power out of it. I also ran it down the track a few times with a best time of 8.165 1/8th with a 1.748 60'. My truck is lifted 4 inches with 35x12.50 trail grapplers. I ran with the same setup before the tires and new turbos and got an 8.178 with a 1.733 60'.

Latest posts

Members online