Elite Diesel Twin Tube Intercooler Pipes anyone running this?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
From what ive seen from researching intercoolers is there is nowhere near enough performance gain to justify the expense. Apparently ford did a decent job designing the intercooler. I would definitely drop the coin on the piping way before I would consider the no limit intercooler.

what exactly have you seen? i have numbers from a flow bench. its a straight beat down.

stock intercooler - core volume 240 cubic inches
No Limit Intercooler - core volume 363 cubic inches or +51% over stock

flow test on super flow 1020 flow bench -

stock intercooler - 370 cubic feet per min
No Limit Intercooler - 488 cubic feet per minute or +38% increase in flow

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
what exactly have you seen? i have numbers from a flow bench. its a straight beat down.

Do you think the temp drop would adversely affect a non-vgt setup regarding spool and in turn the flow increase would be nearly nullified?

JCROMAN73

Reaction score

I don't doubt it flows more on a test bench, that's great. The fact is the dyno numbers don't show hardly any improvement. Even your own testing showed a very minimal gain. It may flow more but obviously there is still a bottle somewhere else that doesn't allow the intercooler to use its flow capabilities. Plus bigger isnt always better, so it has more volume well it also takes more air to fill that volume which can actually create lag. Its all a balancing act of pressure, flow and cooling. Too big of an intercooler and it will be laggy, too small it won't be efficient enough. Others have reported better throttle response and a little bit of reduced lag. But no one is raving about how much performance they gained from it. Im not convinced its worth the $1400 bucks. Even Elite diesel don't recommend the bigger intercoolers. It says right o their sight the gains don't justify the cost. Its a nice piece and I wouldn't mind trying one. If you want to send me one to try and it works great, I will buy it, and if not I will send it back. If your so sure it will make a big difference its not much of a gamble and I will surely buy it right?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't doubt it flows more on a test bench, that's great. The fact is the dyno numbers don't show hardly any improvement. Even your own testing showed a very minimal gain. It may flow more but obviously there is still a bottle somewhere else that doesn't allow the intercooler to use its flow capabilities. Plus bigger isnt always better, so it has more volume well it also takes more air to fill that volume which can actually create lag. Its all a balancing act of pressure, flow and cooling. Too big of an intercooler and it will be laggy, too small it won't be efficient enough. Others have reported better throttle response and a little bit of reduced lag. But no one is raving about how much performance they gained from it. Im not convinced its worth the $1400 bucks. Even Elite diesel don't recommend the bigger intercoolers. It says right o their sight the gains don't justify the cost. Its a nice piece and I wouldn't mind trying one. If you want to send me one to try and it works great, I will buy it, and if not I will send it back. If your so sure it will make a big difference its not much of a gamble and I will surely buy it right?

I don't care what elite diesel says about their attempt at an intercooler. They also sell intake manifolds , with 0 data , maybe you should try those . They tried an out of the box core , not a custom core. You honestly should try a super charger to get that 7.3 feel back . i will not send you one , not a chance , but I have some out to people with real data acquisition equipment , and I can say one thing that is proven is the stock unit has over 2 psi of pressure drop across the core , mine has less than .25 of a Lb of loss across the core. People installing these units , can FEEL a seat of the pants difference in low end drivability and noticeably less smoke output.

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
I don't care what elite diesel says about their attempt at an intercooler. They also sell intake manifolds , with 0 data , maybe you should try those . They tried an out of the box core , not a custom core. You honestly should try a super charger to get that 7.3 feel back . i will not send you one , not a chance , but I have some out to people with real data acquisition equipment , and I can say one thing that is proven is the stock unit has over 2 psi of pressure drop across the core , mine has less than .25 of a Lb of loss across the core. People installing these units , can FEEL a seat of the pants difference in low end drivability and noticeably less smoke output.

I havn't seen any hard data from you either, Some people asked you to get some and even offered to dyno for you but you got all defensive and declined. you said something to the effect of you were just going by the drivablity feel? Thats not hard data. Not sure why you are getting so defensive. You know that the gains are not much with your intercooler. you have said it yourself. The fact is $1400 for 2hp and a 25 deg reduction in egt per your own post is not worth the expense. The fact that you won't work out a deal for me to try before I buy pretty much says it all. I have already dropped 2k with you im not even a new customer.

pog

Reaction score
The fact that you won't work out a deal for me to try before I buy pretty much says it all. I have already dropped 2k with you im not even a new customer.

so you dropped 2k and expect to be sent products to test.. LOL

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Well ***...I've easily spent a couple hundred grand with vendors here and elsewhere. Maybe everyone should let me try before I buy too? Mike...WTF man? Where's my intercooler? Zane...send me some intercooler piping too. LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I havn't seen any hard data from you either, Some people asked you to get some and even offered to dyno for you but you got all defensive and declined. you said something to the effect of you were just going by the drivablity feel? Thats not hard data. Not sure why you are getting so defensive. You know that the gains are not much with your intercooler. you have said it yourself. The fact is $1400 for 2hp and a 25 deg reduction in egt per your own post is not worth the expense. The fact that you won't work out a deal for me to try before I buy pretty much says it all. I have already dropped 2k with you im not even a new customer.

you think i would do try before you buy ? are you nuts ? intercoolers are almost never a performance mod, they are a supporting mod. RARELY will you put one on any forced induction engine and gain much if any hp. if you think thats whats supposed to happen , you're out of your mind. i have data of flow, pressure drop, multiple dyno sessions . one dyno read pretty substantial on a tune only 2015 . the other, on my truck with dual fuelers and a bw fmw 365 showed little hp , but the truck drove NOTICEABLY better.

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
so you dropped 2k and expect to be sent products to test.. LOL

ya that's it, I more wanted to see the response. its exactly what I expected from him. I wouldn't have even minded paying upfront if I could have returned it if the improvement wasn't noticeable.

jcain

Reaction score
Mike, do a try before you buy and have just one i/c that's sent from one person to the next. And put a hold on their CC incase they steal it. And send whoever likes it a new one upon payment completion �� and etch "no limit fabrication demo unit" all over it

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
ya that's it, I more wanted to see the response. its exactly what I expected from him. I wouldn't have even minded paying upfront if I could have returned it if the improvement wasn't noticeable.

Than he has to sell a used intercooler and most likely get bad feedback. Him sending you that is a pretty clear lose. Not sure what world you live in but that sure isn't the way a company makes money or stays in business.

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
you think i would do try before you buy ? are you nuts ? intercoolers are almost never a performance mod, they are a supporting mod. RARELY will you put one on any forced induction engine and gain much if any hp. if you think thats whats supposed to happen , you're out of your mind. i have data of flow, pressure drop, multiple dyno sessions . one dyno read pretty substantial on a tune only 2015 . the other, on my truck with dual fuelers and a bw fmw 365 showed little hp , but the truck drove NOTICEABLY better.

Just from your manerisms I will never buy any I product from you ever again whether it works or not. I have seen you be rude, racist, belittle, rip on many people and other competitors. Its no way to run a business. You didn't stand behind the pip tunes you sold me that didnt work, Rudy's diesel helped me more with pip than you did and I havn't even bought anything from them. I have seen several others post simuliar things about you recently and taking their business elsewhere. I know you run this forum so im sure I will get booted for speaking the truth but whatever.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Just from your manerisms I will never buy any I product from you ever again whether it works or not. I have seen you be rude, racist, belittle, rip on many people and other competitors. Its no way to run a business. You didn't stand behind the pip tunes you sold me that didnt work, Rudy's diesel helped me more with pip than you did and I havn't even bought anything from them. I have seen several others post simuliar things about you recently and taking their business elsewhere. I know you run this forum so im sure I will get booted for speaking the truth but whatever.

This post is racist.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

please post links to those posts, you know the ones where i'm racist, and people taking their business elsewhere.

Latest posts

Members online