Elite Tow Power Atmosphere turbo data

B585Ford

Reaction score
You do have a good point. My truck has never been to the strip or a pull it is just a fun street truck. If someone tries passing me I almost make sure it doesn't happen though. I also tow a bit but nothing over 10,000 lbs. I think I'm just gonna go for it and if something happens then studs and maybe more fuel will be added to the situation.

Just have your money saved for studs...I drove my truck the same way as you and usually never ran a tune over 210 and my HG failed at 34k.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I suspect you'd be fine for quite a while. Do you beat your truck like a stray dog, or drive it like you're the one paying for it? I heard a guy strongly recommend studs on stock engine running the new xtreme x tune soon to be released from innovative, so you're in a trail blazing area if you go to the new tune. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. what's the worst that could happen? blow your head gaskets and do studs???... then go bigger:evil

Eric mentioned that the files do not require studs and are fine for DD use and the occassional ricer or cummins beat down.

When I originally got my tunes from Eric, he stated he does not have studs or a WG. That was then, unk now but he's explained his tuning some and assured me, for my driving, studs and a gate aren't needed yet. However! I think studs are a great, cheap form of insurance if you can get them installed or have the cab up.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
The egts and the way it tows tells me that the set up is good. Don't really need to see back pressure numbers to confirm that.

:whs:

Like i've been saying, the B585ford combo is really a smart, simple reliable setup.
airflow has been addressed from multiple angles, great idea IMHO :rockon:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Jd at elite put one of these on his truck and picked up 1/2 second at the track and 3 mph... Pretty awesome gains fir the money.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Alright so I guess it's my turn. I've been running the atmo for a few days now. The turbo was the only change I made, I didn't so much as reload the tune.

Here is my full build list:
-Exhaust
-Intake
-Tune
-Cold Side Pipe
-Turbo
No, I didn't leave anything out. lol

Onto driving impressions. The turbo comes on really quick, and much harder than the stocker did. I don't notice any difference driving the truck around town as far as lag or pedal goes, manners identical to stock. What I have noticed is that cruising temps run ~100* cooler than they previously did (at least in X-race). That temp drop seems pretty steady all the way across the board. The haze that many of us notice driving through town in the evenings is much less noticeable. The turbo moves a lot more cfm even at low boost. Wide open below 25mph will put the truck sideways. Once the charger lights, it is completely clean. Before, My truck smoked all the way through the rpm's, x race never cleaned up. As for sound, you can hear a lot more air moving behind the dash, but it is by no means loud (inside) or obnoxious.

Now for the good stuff. I ran my truck at the track a couple weeks ago. My best run was a 13.53 @ 99.27. Before anyone says that time sucks, I ran a 2011 grand sport corvette, who ran a 14.0 @ 103... Altitude hurts. My truck went 12.98 in phoenix on the same setup... lost almost .6 just comin back home to bandimere :D and phoenix is still 1,470 feet above sea level.
Here's the slip (Left Lane):

8a0b0ca8.jpg

Now for the comparison. I ran the truck again last night. There were a couple of differences (that should have hurt me). Last night I ran with about 7/8 of a tank of fuel, where as my previous runs I was closer to an 1/8 tank. Maybe 20 gallons of fuel difference, we'll call it 150-175 lbs heavier... ish. Also, I didn't air down the tires last night and I was leaving a little softer (by the gauge). Last night the truck ran a best of 13.020 @ 102.38. I did have a pass that I ran 103, but I red lit so e.t. was hosed. (Pretty sure it was a 12 :doh:). If you do the math, that charger have me 3 mph and better than a half second in a quarter.

Here's last night's slip (against a turbo '02 camaro ss) Right Lane:

a74ae1ce.jpg

To compare both of my runs:

b846c753.jpg

The truck is so much more fun to drive now, it's crazy the difference that a stock housing charger made. I'll try and get some updated dyno numbers put together this weekend on Haller's dyno, to give a good comparison to the previous numbers :D.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Red lighting shouldn't make a diff on the time. The time starts when you break the beams

jdgleason

Reaction score
Broke the beams is what I meant. I think they had some weird issue though because I saw the video and the dude tried to stop me right before I left...

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Alright so I guess it's my turn. I've been running the atmo for a few days now. The turbo was the only change I made, I didn't so much as reload the tune.

Here is my full build list:
-Exhaust
-Intake
-Tune
-Cold Side Pipe
-Turbo
No, I didn't leave anything out. lol

Onto driving impressions. The turbo comes on really quick, and much harder than the stocker did. I don't notice any difference driving the truck around town as far as lag or pedal goes, manners identical to stock. What I have noticed is that cruising temps run ~100* cooler than they previously did (at least in X-race). That temp drop seems pretty steady all the way across the board. The haze that many of us notice driving through town in the evenings is much less noticeable. The turbo moves a lot more cfm even at low boost. Wide open below 25mph will put the truck sideways. Once the charger lights, it is completely clean. Before, My truck smoked all the way through the rpm's, x race never cleaned up. As for sound, you can hear a lot more air moving behind the dash, but it is by no means loud (inside) or obnoxious.

The truck is so much more fun to drive now, it's crazy the difference that a stock housing charger made. I'll try and get some updated dyno numbers put together this weekend on Haller's dyno, to give a good comparison to the previous numbers :D.

Thats great to hear, data is always great.
Aren't you guys working on a slightly larger LP vs the 71mm??

Great info :thumbup:

Wayne

Reaction score
A couple different ones actually. We'll even be comparing them against a couple other brands to see what does what exactly. No sense in giving out sizes and exactly which brands in case something falls through, but several setups are being built now.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
A couple different ones actually. We'll even be comparing them against a couple other brands to see what does what exactly. No sense in giving out sizes and exactly which brands in case something falls through, but several setups are being built now.

ETA???

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats JD !! You need full egr delete and some no limit pimp $hit now.

P.S. your 60ft is weak!!! Easy 12's with a driver mod. LOL

B585Ford

Reaction score
Congrats JD. I knew you been waiting patiently while all of those damn customers kept buying them up. Glad to see you finally got your turn.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Congrats JD !! You need full egr delete and some no limit pimp $hit now.

P.S. your 60ft is weak!!! Easy 12's with a driver mod. LOL
It will be getting Decked out in no limit pieces as quickly as it can :D and I had no coaching last night! Lol where were you?!
Congrats JD. I knew you been waiting patiently while all of those damn customers kept buying them up. Glad to see you finally got your turn.

Thanks Brett! Glad you're enjoying yours as well :D

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
glad you finally got to put some goodies on your truck JD! Surprised you aren't swimming in them working at elite!

Latest posts

Members online