Elites tow power atmospheric only?

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
how much do you think changing the vgt wheel out for drop in do over just doing the 71 atmosphere? or would it help spool or anything of that nature. im pretty much sold on this now.. would be cool if there was a little bigger drop in but thats just wishful thinking!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
i doubt you would see much gain by changing the wheel in the vgt really. i wanna try out an s475 paired with a stock vgt myself.

How much smaller/restrictive is the VGT on these trucks compared to say the stock turbo on a Duramax or 6.7 Cummins? I know those guys like to compound their stock turbos with S475's and S480's. Might work out great on these trucks.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
How much smaller/restrictive is the VGT on these trucks compared to say the stock turbo on a Duramax or 6.7 Cummins? I know those guys like to compound their stock turbos with S475's and S480's. Might work out great on these trucks.

They make great towing applications when they compound them with the stock turbos on Dmax trucks.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
the only gains i think you might see would be spool up. im just basing that off the fact the tow power x's made damn near the same hp as the bigger setups on stock fuel, and i think i remember the high power's or max powers spooled quicker thou

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
the 6.7 cummins stock vgt has really high bp i think its a 1:2 boost to bp ratio, my dad has one and tried to talk me into one as well, but i was in love with the 6.4 and as soon as we chiped mine i took my dad for a ride and he damn near sh*t himself, he thinks im insane for wanting any more power hahaha

mike@haller's

Reaction score

ive tuned and dynod a few cummins trucks using an he351 turbo as the high pressure. Which is a 60mm inducer with a 9cm exhaust housing it is tiny. two of the trucks used s475s and one 24v hung an s480 under it. all three trucks had 46mm gates and spooled instantly.

i think if the stock vgt was retained. you would get instant spool up and great driveability and towing for a very affordable price.

powersmokin64

Reaction score
IMAG1225.jpg

Link to a few others http://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Ipkyss/08 Ford F-250/

VERY NICE!:ford:

Beans71086

Reaction score
I have seen more ecsb than cc, like said mostly online. The only one I've seen in person was a gasser that scared the hell outta me for a bit. I was almost home in my company truck when I passed what I thought was my truck coming at me!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have seen more ecsb than cc, like said mostly online. The only one I've seen in person was a gasser that scared the hell outta me for a bit. I was almost home in my company truck when I passed what I thought was my truck coming at me!

Thats funny. I have seen one other ecsb. It was at the dealer when I got mine. Mine was a dealer transfer from North Carolina. Sat on the lot from mid 07 to may 09 when I bought it. Apparently no one wanted it. My dealer was pissed. I kept telling them to look further till they found exactly what I wanted or no deal.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
The new update Spartan 300 is good. Really good actually. As long as the shifts don't soften up too much after a while I will be good to go. Its a little on the firm side right now which is much better than anything since I swapped the turbo.

superstroked

Reaction score
The new update Spartan 300 is good. Really good actually. As long as the shifts don't soften up too much after a while I will be good to go. Its a little on the firm side right now which is much better than anything since I swapped the turbo.

I am liking the new LL 300 myself

Latest posts

Members online