Elites tow power atmospheric only?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
My Lariat has the manual shift 4x4. I had a couple problems with the esof on my 04 and wouldn't want another electric shift!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Finally talked myself into loading the Spartan 250. Runs really strong. Just like normal with a bunch more top end. Yet again, no haze, smoke, ect. More than enough to have some fun with. The part throttle EBP has always been much lower on the 250 tune then the rest on my truck. That now relates to absolutely no hiss from the exhaust that I can notice from inside the truck. Thing sounds really mean. Shifting is still very good which is a plus. So I have the 250 and 310 that will shift good. The 275 and 300 where not happy at all with the added power.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have tried. I don't have a camera that will take sound worth a crap...

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I can honestly say the amount of added power was a surprise to me. I was not expecting this out of changing one turbo. I have been told by a few people in my town that the truck does sound much better. Not nearly as much hissing... I'm happy with it. I think I am going to need some different custom tuning to keep the trans happy. The 310 is the only tune that shifts right. After driving the 250 for a day i finally got on it a little. The torque converter is slipping and it feels like mush. Not sure why. Went back to the 310 and its still fine.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Not sure why the 310 would be showing better transmission results than the 250 tune. That's surprising. My guess is that the line pressure increase with that tune is keeping your stock transmission a little happier.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Not sure why the 310 would be showing better transmission results than the 250 tune. That's surprising. My guess is that the line pressure increase with that tune is keeping your stock transmission a little happier.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Ironically enough. The old hard shifting tunes would more than likely be perfect now:doh: Obviously I know its not going to hold up to the 310 for long...

I want to try Eric's tunes again. I love them in my 6.0. I just happen to like the simplicity of not having sensors in the exhaust (I had a few go bad a long ways from home). Obviously I will have to weld them back in soon it seems. I am running out of options. I have been waiting to hear some feed back from RCD with tunes on the Dashdaq. I really liked the RCD 450 hot tune I had before. Very comparable to the Spartan 250.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Geee why didn't I think of that :slap:

What he can do for you is tweak a Spartan tune to your liking. You don't have to run one of his base files. He can modify say the 250 tune and make it how you would prefer it as long as it is safe for the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.