Elites tow power atmospheric only?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I seriously hate to have to ask this but someone has to..she whistle a little more? :lookaround:

He made a post somewhere that there was a noticeable difference in turbo whistle inside the cab. I doubt it changed the exhaust note though. I've ridden in a truck with this setup. It was an F-450 with about 15,000 lbs behind it. Truck had a 210 tow tune loaded up and the turbo sounded really good inside the cab.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
what jeff said. 20psi and above sounds good inside. don't know if you can hear the change outside or not. I can't drive and listen at the same time, and nobody is driving my truck. Its just a louder turbo. Still sounds silent compared to my 6.0 powermaxx...

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Did some towing on the highway today. Nothing real heavy, about 8k. about 120 miles round trip. Still on the 310 tune. Everything was perfect. Still have not seen a downside to the turbo. Loving it. WOT 54psi boost, 54psi ebp.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Did some towing on the highway today. Nothing real heavy, about 8k. about 120 miles round trip. Still on the 310 tune. Everything was perfect. Still have not seen a downside to the turbo. Loving it. WOT 54psi boost, 54psi ebp.

way awesome! thats very good info, because there are many other angles aside from all out hp.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
way awesome! thats very good info, because there are many other angles aside from all out hp.

My truck from the end of march to the end of Oct and sometimes into Nov is hauling a 36ft enclosed all around the east coast on the weekends. I would say that is 80+ percent of what my truck is used for. I wanted a little more than your average tuned truck, yet not hurt its reliability or towing ability. I think this was the perfect set up. Just need to get the trans done and it should be perfect.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
My truck from the end of march to the end of Oct and sometimes into Nov is hauling a 36ft enclosed all around the east coast on the weekends. I would say that is 80+ percent of what my truck is used for. I wanted a little more than your average tuned truck, yet not hurt its reliability or towing ability. I think this was the perfect set up. Just need to get the trans done and it should be perfect.

Take a picture of your setup when you have some time. Sounds like a nice deal.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Take a picture of your setup when you have some time. Sounds like a nice deal.

IMAG1225.jpg

Link to a few others http://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Ipkyss/08 Ford F-250/

Ipkyss

Reaction score
With all the problems I've had over the years with electronic, I would much rather have manual 4wd.

I didn't choose it, but I was happy to see it in the truck. I do have to say. I hate getting caught off guard for a race with the hubs un locked. Although. I have not run into a truck I could not launch easy in 2x4 play catch up and drive right by.

Got the 310 shifting good today (things are best before they blow up they say). Got a 0-100 pass with clean shifts. All I can say is wow:D I really can't imagine a regular cab with 1000hp. It was 55 degrees out. High egt of 1075, 55 boost, 55.4 ebp. Damn fast. Going to talk myself into dropping back to the 250 tune before I break it. Everything as a package works really good. So much better than the days of the 250 tune and 1500 egt by 75mph

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
it wont make 650... my high powers sure as hell dont. i would say 570 being average for 310/ ID race/ hs 300 .... if you hit 590-600 its a slam dunk victory. mustangs can be very unforgiving.

Just thought it was funny that we were all thinking the same thing just a few days ago...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.