Engines out, what to do

CSIPSD

Reaction score
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...oduct_Code=F81Z6C327AA&Category_Code=F731-OEM

F81Z6C327AA.png

Lang

Reaction score
I don't about the heat on the bearings.

I just silicone the hell out of the inner part, if that's what y'all are talking about. Isn't there an o-ring on the dipstick tube?

Yes there is a o-ring on the tube

JD3020

Reaction score
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/category/F97-03.html

Talk to Clay and he can get you all the gaskets you need... Or one of the many other site sponsers...

I was going to order through a sponsor, but found that kit on and figured it's what i needed.

Anyways i ordered everything through Nate@Unlimited. Main mods are going to be 910's and a Melling LPOP. I just hope compression checks out good tomorrow, then i can start the tear-down.

Another question. Whats the best way to clean/paint an assembled engine? Its not that greasy, and most of the factory paint is still on it.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Like Joe said, degreaser, then brake clean on the hard to scrub parts. After I did that I rinsed the block in water again, and hit everything with shop air. Then painted it the next day.

That worked out pretty good for me. If you see fisheye's on your first coat, stop painting and clean that area again.

1117101634a.jpg

JD3020

Reaction score
You guys just using regular paint, or engine paint? Only thing i'm really missing at this point is paint. Can't decide what color i wanna do, as i haven't found a dark red/maroon engine paint that matches my Toreador red truck.

JD3020

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Why?

Got everything ready to do a compression test tonight. Highest my gauge is showing on any cylinders is 10psi. So either i have a bad gauge, dead engine, or the weak battery isn't cranking it over quick enough. Gonna give it another try tomorrow, and hope i get some sort of reading.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
If you have pistons installed, no matter the condition, you ought to be doin better than 10 lol.