F-550 build...Work Rig.

B.Warning

Reaction score
^^^ thanks. I think it looks alright for scrap. it needs a muffler though, to damn loud in the cab with it screaming at 2800 rpm going down the hwy.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
kick it out behind the tire and down and back .. makes a lot of difference that way... thats how it is on my dually.

Last edited:

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Nice! Diggin the super single idea for flotation, gonna be a sweet truck when its done. I got a ranch hand winch bumper on my 08. Got my eyes peeled for a deal on a winch too. Been lookin at the summit racings branded winches. Good price and theyre actually made by t-maxx. Pretty good reviews.

B.Warning

Reaction score
kick it out behind the tire and down and back .. makes a lot of difference that way... thats how it is on my dually.
I would of, but being a f550 the fuel tank is behind the axle. It's too tight of a fit for a 5" and wouldn't clear. So this is what I came up with.
Nice! Diggin the super single idea for flotation, gonna be a sweet truck when its done. I got a ranch hand winch bumper on my 08. Got my eyes peeled for a deal on a winch too. Been lookin at the summit racings branded winches. Good price and theyre actually made by t-maxx. Pretty good reviews.

thanks. I thought I scored on a winch push bar from a wrecked ameren truck today but found out after I got excited it was for a 08-10. So I'm still looking.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
oh crap! i forgot that the bigger trucks have the tanks in the rear like that... muffler it is then. unless you want to try to put a piece of pipe on the tip that will get it out closer to the outside of the dual's... that way it will get the harmonics of being under the bed cut down more...

Buffalo444

Reaction score
So are the wheels for the front going to have to be completely custom made, or do you know of some that will work for it? Are they going to be the same diameter so one could run 4x4 if they wanted?

B.Warning

Reaction score
Yea it sucks that fuel tank is in the way. Oh well, I got a muffler laying some where.

The bumper was at a ford truck salvage yard. I found out it wouldn't fit and walked away without asking a price.

The wheels will be one off custom made 20x10 and I'll run a 33x12.50x20 on the front. The rear tires will be 245x70x19.5 which measure out to a 33x9x19.5 it'll be close enough not to matter in whatever direction I decide to go.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Yea it sucks that fuel tank is in the way. Oh well, I got a muffler laying some where.

The bumper was at a ford truck salvage yard. I found out it wouldn't fit and walked away without asking a price.

The wheels will be one off custom made 20x10 and I'll run a 33x12.50x20 on the front. The rear tires will be 245x70x19.5 which measure out to a 33x9x19.5 it'll be close enough not to matter in whatever direction I decide to go.

that is going to be awesome! So they will be a SRW style front wheel?

B.Warning

Reaction score
This is the wheel I have on order.

large-100_309725.JPG

And here is what it looks like on the front of a dually.

large-100_309025.JPG

large-100_309225.JPG

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
I ordered them bare steel. I wasn't going to pay the extra money to have them sand blast them and powdered coated. I can blast them, and paint them myself. Total with shipping was $670. I think they'll look pretty tuff on there, I'm trying to find the flares that come on the 450-550 to cover them a little bit.

Jomax

Reaction score
I want to make some custom rims for a dually. Like 16x9or 10's

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

Latest posts

Members online