F-550 build...Work Rig.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
The super 60 is actually 05' and up. The 99'-04' F450 and F550 both had a regular old Dana 60.

Your basically saying the axle is the same you'd just have to put a 550 spindle and hub assembly on it or possibly just a 550 hub if the spindles are the same

Yes, as far as I know the axle is the same. I don't know what you mean by spindle and hub but its just like a SRW Dana 60 but it has spacers bolted on to the wheel studs to space the tire and wheel out further.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Just like this, only it would change to the larger F550 lug pattern from 8x170, rather than 8x170 to an 8x170 like the F350.

attachment.jpg

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
Update....

Got my Harley lights installed
Smoked cab lights on
I got tired of looking for a used bumper so I bought a new ranch hand. It'll be here and on Tuesday
Picked up some 36" underbody tool boxes. May install later today.
Bought a box load of led lights and work lights for the bed.
Tint windows Tuesday. My tint guy is coming to my place and going to do it while I install bumper.
stage 1 injectors and Ts are in. the ol 550 will move right along now. Pretty impressive for a heavy truck.

I'll load pics as I work on it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Update....

Got my Harley lights installed
Smoked cab lights on
I got tired of looking for a used bumper so I bought a new ranch hand. It'll be here and on Tuesday
Picked up some 36" underbody tool boxes. May install later today.
Bought a box load of led lights and work lights for the bed.
Tint windows Tuesday. My tint guy is coming to my place and going to do it while I install bumper.
stage 1 injectors and Ts are in. the ol 550 will move right along now. Pretty impressive for a heavy truck.

I'll load pics as I work on it.

hells yeah man!!

B.Warning

Reaction score
No pics yet. Been trying to finish up building a lake. I'll get pics up tomorrow when I get the boxes mounted. Not sure if I'll get around to putting the bumper on or not. I'm gonna try like hell though. I hate it not being finished.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I got a call from my buddy tonight saying his water pump went out on his truck and wanted me to come get him. Went to the shop and got the trailer hooked up and headed 45miles south to rescue his ass.

You all are going to love this...

Resampled952012-08-209521-08-1195579.jpg

B.Warning

Reaction score
Getting ready to start putting under body boxes on and after closer inspection I can't believe this bed hasn't got ripped off yet. Some people never should be allowed to touch a welder. My 7yr old daughter could do better than this chicken sh!t job. My goal for the afternoon is get this mess cleaned up and boxes on. Pics to follow later tonight.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Getting ready to start putting under body boxes on and after closer inspection I can't believe this bed hasn't got ripped off yet. Some people never should be allowed to touch a welder. My 7yr old daughter could do better than this chicken sh!t job. My goal for the afternoon is get this mess cleaned up and boxes on. Pics to follow later tonight.

those guys who weld that way are called dobber welders, cuz they always have dobs of **** dripping from there welds!

B.Warning

Reaction score
Heres pics of one of the many sh!tty welds holding the bed on.

Before
Resampled952012-08-219515-35-1195669.jpg

After
Resampled952012-08-219518-58-4895593.jpg

Not my best welds by any means, but now I know it's not going anywhere. Boxes and bumper go on tomorrow. No questions about it.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Haha smart a$$. I never claim to be a hot shot welder, but my welds do hold together. I play in the dirt for a living. Good ol black gold.