Farmers Injectors......

blk99

Reaction score
I dont want to bash anybody, just sharing an experience to make people think twice before going "cheap" on a set of injectors....

I bought a set of Farmers 160's for a great price through a vendor here and when i received them, several had gouges scars on the bodies (no biggie, wasnt affecting the orings) one injector had a broken plug that was BARELY still useable and another injector has a loose solenoid that was missing a bolt.

whatever, no huge deal, made sure the plug was still tight and secure and took one of the bolt out of my stock injectors, tighted the rest down, and installed them...

motor is cold.... take the usual amount of time to get the air out and fire up. sounds great!! let it sit and idle for 10 minutes or so (now warmed up) and for whatever reason, decided to shut it down.... go to fire it back up and cranks forever, not even trying to start, wont build more than 290psi.... ok, no big deal, still air in it.... unhook the glow plugs, give it a lil shot of ether and fires up farely easy and out of a test drive we go....

still stock 15* pump at the time (T500 now) that did a minimum of 1800 psi with my stock WORE OUT AB's, wont build more than 1900 and at roughly half peddle, sucks clear down to 800ish PSI.... Now, to my understanding, small single shots such as these should take no more oil than my stockers, especially wore out.....

Ran it for roughly 80-90 miles that day, got it home, shut it down, went to fire it back up and infinite cranking.... Let it sit over night, and it fire RIGHT up the next morning.............

so..... I pull the driver side valve cover off and notice that the same injector with the broken plug (#2) is throwing over twice the oil that any other injector is, out of the spout....

all that leads to the same issue as what Joe had while back which turned out to be i believe a poppit issue in one injector....

best part......Mike at Farmers has yet to call me back and I can NOT get ahold of him (figure it out last thursday) but luckily the vendor is doing me right and getting a set of Full Force injectors headed this way....

sorry for the lengthy post, just wanted to share my experience with hard info for anyone thinking of going "cheap" on injectors....

blk99

Reaction score
I have seen Tim's work in Joes truck, i wish i could of but the vendor is taking care of me with a set of Full Force injectors.... I'm happy with that...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The vendor is vision diesel and unfortunately this happens to be the last set we had on the shelf.

I suppose we should have just scrapped them rather than selling. Though they were Un touched and supposedly freshly built.

Our apologies and your full force injectors will certainly be there ASAP. Guess we have an expensive set of 8 paper weights now!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

blk99

Reaction score
The vendor is vision diesel and unfortunately this happens to be the last set we had on the shelf.

I suppose we should have just scrapped them rather than selling. Though they were Un touched and supposedly freshly built.

Our apologies and your full force injectors will certainly be there ASAP. Guess we have an expensive set of 8 paper weights now!

No worries Derek! and thanks for chiming in, i appreciate you guys working with me on this...

neverkickn

Reaction score

Good on you. Don't count them as a complete waste yet though. Maybe they will make one core injector out of the setLOL

Built4tq

Reaction score

:rockon:

Super08Duty

Reaction score

Very cool that you guys are honest and willing to help the customer out in any way possible, even if it means eating a set of injectors. That's something you don't see too often these days. Good on you guys!

a_port93

Reaction score
I had a very similar situation with mine...Derek was fairly helpful and full force was able to take care of me...nothing like a $1600 set of stage 1s after the re work(still just remans)oh well lesson learned everyone was right about farmers I blame myself for not listening to you guys!hope it turns out alright for you

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We do our best to take care of the customer that Micheal Farmer lets fall through the cracks.

Unfortunately it is a "farmers diesel" warranty, meaning they will warranty the product if it fails. We have stepped up to the plate and taken care of all our customer that have had to deal with any issues.

So to all that we have sold to and have had issues, we apologize, let us know how we can help you out!

Luckily for us and our quickly growing base of customers, Full Force has stepped up to the plate in a huge way. For instance I ordered a set of stage 1s at 8:00pm last night via email and I got a response this morning at 7:30am stating it would take a couple days to build them.... Then I got a call around 11:30am stating they were ready to ship.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
this makes me a bit nervous now

If your running Farmers injectors... Be nervous...

I'm sorry but this is the third set in the bend area that I have put hands on, that have had issues RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX... Who sends out injectors with broken solenoids? Missing screws?

blk99

Reaction score
this makes me a bit nervous now

As you should be....

I was a little nervous but my truck is my income so i needed it back on the road.... Derek has been pretty speedy with all this but its still a huge hassle that but luckily i have a truck i can use in the mean time....

If your nervous, dont second guess it....

And again, i appreciate everything Derek has done on this issue because lord knows i STILL havent heard hide nor hair from Mr. Farmer.....
At this rate I might even make it over for your dyno day/bbq, Derek!

Last edited:

Beau

Reaction score
:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate: not happy. It's a royal pain to get to the injectors for me.

bruce

Reaction score
With all the people in the pacific nw who run those junk injectors joe must have the best runnin truck in the region.

Latest posts

Members online