Farmers Injectors......

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The rarity of t500 failures would probably send you down the path of an injector related issue.
I bet if you pull them out and check the very top oring you have multiple injectors having problems. New orings will probably cure it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
Took off the HPOP lines at the pump tonight. Put 120 psi on air into them. Driver side held pressure solid until I pulled the nozzle off 15 seconds later. Not so much on the passenger side. Shot the air into it and 15 seconds later no burst of air at all. Going to go ahead and say o-rings.

I figure since I have to pull them all for o-rings I'm going to take them and have them flow tested. Might as well do it right!

Thanks for the direction guys!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hint...

Dont send them back to Farmers... Send them ANYWHERE, just not to his dumb ass.

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
I'm taking them to Maryland Diesel Performance. They are going to flow test them while I'm there. I can't afford the down time shipping them back and forth. I only live an hour and 20 away.

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
IMG_20140523_094227_650.jpg

Fixed! I've only put about thirty miles on them so far but I can't believe how much more tame the truck is at idle. No more violent shaking at idle. I'll know more once I get the air out of the system and put some more miles on them...

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
Internal and external o-rings were bad. Pressure plates were over torqued, poppets were bound up and not freely moveable and when he put the first four on the flow bench he said they were all stuck open dumping oil... Basically I guess he rebuilt the entire injector except for the nozzles. He said they were good.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Internal and external o-rings were bad. Pressure plates were over torqued, poppets were bound up and not freely moveable and when he put the first four on the flow bench he said they were all stuck open dumping oil... Basically I guess he rebuilt the entire injector except for the nozzles. He said they were good.

Right on good deal, glad they are running correct again.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Wow, that's some real "quality" work by Mr. Farmer! Glad they got you fixed up and going though.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe and Chase have never ran them bit are more pissed off than the people that have!! LOL

I'm not happy about my experiences, but look at it as a hard lesson learned.

Your right... I've never run them, just picked up three trucks with dead farmers injectors in it, and watched two others struggle for days trying to figure out the issues...

Pissed is not the right word, its laughable that some pimped dip**** after what he pulled on the other site/sites...

Strokersace

Reaction score
Yeah its crappy either way for the customers involved.

It's been a very expensive lesson to learn. That's for sure.

bruce

Reaction score
There's gonna be more 7.3's dead on the side of the road than 6.0's in the pacific northwest. Seems like farmer had a big following up there

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, he was a dufus. There was something about the guy and his attitude you knew the crash and burn was coming. He had a JJness about him.

Latest posts

Members online