Fuel sump or 5/8 pickup?

Reaction score
Hmmm? And the plot thickens. I used a walbro BECAUSE I thought it would last. I did hear the fuelab pumps.were crapping out, maybe from Jake@irate? My next step if this.walbro died was to get two stockers or the aeromotive a1000.

Keep it coming!
when not installed correctly they will crap out..read the install sheet..you need 5/8 all the way to the RR then 3/8 all the way back....fass pumps would crap out quite often...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
another thing that i found with my pumps when i was doing my fuel system that tarm pointed out to me is the voltage at the fuel pump... mine was only 11.5v... then i added a carter high flow low pressure pump as sort of a lift pump and just piggybacked the wiring... had issues still and couldn't figure out the lagyness of the pumps... thats when tarm said to check voltage.. it was 10.9 at the walbro and 10.3 at the carter. i took the wire off the carter to just test the walbro and thats where the 11.5 volts came from.... so i ran wires directly from my battery's to the pumps fired by a relay and hot dam that made a difference... both pumps see 13.5 -14 volts constantly. all of the high pressure pumps like fuel lab and aeromotive are 13.5 volt pumps so everyone might wanna check what they are getting for voltage.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
another thing that i found with my pumps when i was doing my fuel system that tarm pointed out to me is the voltage at the fuel pump... mine was only 11.5v... then i added a carter high flow low pressure pump as sort of a lift pump and just piggybacked the wiring... had issues still and couldn't figure out the lagyness of the pumps... thats when tarm said to check voltage.. it was 10.9 at the walbro and 10.3 at the carter. i took the wire off the carter to just test the walbro and thats where the 11.5 volts came from.... so i ran wires directly from my battery's to the pumps fired by a relay and hot dam that made a difference... both pumps see 13.5 -14 volts constantly. all of the high pressure pumps like fuel lab and aeromotive are 13.5 volt pumps so everyone might wanna check what they are getting for voltage.

This is exactly how I'm wiring my Fuel lab. Ordered my wiring harness last night from Jake.

TyCorr

Reaction score
if you use the stock wiring, its only 12v... if you go directly off the battery and use the stock wiring to fire the relay you get 13.5 to 14.5v depending on your alternator output.

or where you joking?

Nah, Im serious. Every aftermarket fuel pump Ive used says to.get.power from the.battery.

I wasnt aware that oem wiring only provides 12v, well it makes sense, but im pretty sure its.supposed to be.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Only use the stock wiring to fire the relay to fire the pump.

Yea, I think thats what I did. No motor in the truck, so I cant tell if its right or not! Speaking of.that, got the oil cooler, uppipes, turbo pedestal, accessories, and hpo pump off. Removed about 7 more lbs of grease/grime/oil from the motor. Its a bish getting this thing clean enough for paint. :doh:

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Finally got all my parts in for the new fuel system, minus one pushlok fitting from the local speed shop. So I installed the Fuel pump and filters from Irate and got it plumbed and wired in, except for the suction going to the tank today. Still waiting on a fitting.
haheje4y.jpg
yzarutyz.jpg

09stroker

Reaction score
That's a nice setup, just don't like how the hoses hang down. Can you loop them over the top?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Thanks man. You get the new injectors in yet?

Yup, Trucks back to running good again. I just need to get another fuel pump on. I have not been WOT in the hot tune yet, save for the one run that I tested the fuel pressure on. It was down to 40psi when I let out of the throttle.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this fuel lab handles on my wot runs. My walbro I think was running out if fuel. It would run rough on really hard runs. I'm going to drain the tank later and get ready to install the sump.

Latest posts

Members online