gearhead tunes...

ghohouston

Reaction score
That video posted earlier has me scratching my head. Never would've guessed that was anything more than a stock injector truck with a toon.

Fwiw, the way Matt setup the shifts, my truck runs the gears out higher than 2500. I've never thought anything about it because it does a great job of lighting the turbo, being smoke free, and staying on the turbo through partial throttle shifts. Maybe because it's a "built" motor?

exactly! just driving around like that, it feels stock, which im not exactly a fan of. i mean i get its not gonna be balls to the wall unless foot is to the floor, but it really does still feel stock ish on take off/driving around. a totally different animal once i push the go pedal though

Gearhead

Reaction score
Also the converter won't lock if the brakes are applied. Could something be hanging telling the PCM that the brakes are on?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Anyone else catch that the EBPS is deleted?
Matt, do you have your tunes written to use boost as the primary factor in shift pressure, or could this be an issue?
Just an idea.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Fwiw, the way Matt setup the shifts, my truck runs the gears out higher than 2500. I've never thought anything about it because it does a great job of lighting the turbo, being smoke free, and staying on the turbo through partial throttle shifts. Maybe because it's a "built" motor?

I would expect that if you were to step on the throttle. But Im only touching it , like moving slowly in heavy traffic. I dont want my turbo spooling or it revving out for a drag race. I expected light throttle it would change up around 2000 or less rpm on the flat. Our conditions and speed limits are a little different over here. Just some teething problems that im sure will be sorted.

ghohouston

Reaction score
the ebps delete happened about a week ago, so that IS NOT the problem here, my truck doesnt seem to have any ill consequences from it... and i guess maybe i could have a caliper sticking...

Gearhead

Reaction score
Does the cruise control work properly? It just looks like your torque converter isn't locking. You need to determine if the computer is command it to lock or not.

DocBar

Reaction score
Dont put it past the trans it self not working right. The BTS aint as almighty as they say it is.
I've never heard anyone suggest that a BTS can't break or have issues. It's the quality of workmanship and warranty that most people brag about with BTS.

Gearhead

Reaction score
is it commanding the trans to lock the converter? call me up tomorrow and ask Larz to find me. 979-703-7338

Latest posts

Members online