gearhead tunes...

woodduck97

Reaction score
Well I brought mine back to him last week and was told everything looked fine and was putting a new TC in it because it kept locking and un locking and locking up when I would do a boosted launch and stall the truck. Also OD was getting sloppy. He calls me and says the clutchs look brand new... Hard to find that true as it was getting sloppy. He said it was tuning. I try to call wendesday thursday and friday and finally was able to talk to someone because the voicemail box was full. The reason I started my other thread on how to contact them since you cant leave a message. By the time I was able to talk to someone it was to late for me to go pick it up or try to meet someone to get it back since we were going home the next day. Tried to find out about shipping and warrenty. Was told 300 for shipping and was told brian would call me back before the day was over. to talk about the warrenty to pay for shipping but who knows if I will get that since she said there was nothing found broken in the trans. Now they also told me they were out of the shop till after new years so gonna be waiting to hear from him about it but I should probly call with the luck I have had so far.

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
Well I brought mine back to him last week and was told everything looked fine and was putting a new TC in it because it kept locking and un locking and locking up when I would do a boosted launch and stall the truck. Also OD was getting sloppy. He calls me and says the clutchs look brand new... Hard to find that true as it was getting sloppy. He said it was tuning. I try to call wendesday thursday and friday and finally was able to talk to someone because the voicemail box was full. The reason I started my other thread on how to contact them since you cant leave a message. By the time I was able to talk to someone it was to late for me to go pick it up or try to meet someone to get it back since we were going home the next day. Tried to find out about shipping and warrenty. Was told 300 for shipping and was told brian would call me back before the day was over. to talk about the warrenty to pay for shipping but who knows if I will get that since she said there was nothing found broken in the trans. Now they also told me they were out of the shop till after new years so gonna be waiting to hear from him about it but I should probly call with the luck I have had so far.
Could you possibly have an electrical/wiring issue with the TC lockup signal?

David N

Reaction score
Just wire up a lockup switch. That is the best way to tell if your converter is locked, not locked, halfway locked or whatever.

When you flip that switch and ground that wire, the converter is locked. No if, ands, or buts about it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

if brian says its ok then it is. he doesnt get his reputation by fibbing about it.

live life full throttle

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I've never heard anyone suggest that a BTS can't break or have issues. It's the quality of workmanship and warranty that most people brag about with BTS.

That is exactly why I bought mine. Brians reputation is one of the best. He took care of me when I broke a Sprag in my TC.

if brian says its ok then it is. he doesnt get his reputation by fibbing about it.

live life full throttle

Exactly, the guy knows his transmissions. He would not give false info

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Gearhead

Reaction score
That is exactly why I bought mine. Brians reputation is one of the best. He took care of me when I broke a Sprag in my TC.

I think precision finally took care of that in their connverters.... I broke 2 in one season before it got fixed.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Hey guys i started wondering about my pcm, ive read about different pcm's having different shift strateies, could my truck have the wrong pcm in it and that be my issue?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I would try doing a lockup switch and see if it locks the converter. Or get someone to datalog or someone with an Edge Insight to watch to see if it is commanding it.

Latest posts

Members online