Gonna need rods, Stupid question...

David N

Reaction score
Yeah, a little word to the wise, and speaking from experience, go ahead and swap in a forged rod motor. I bought one from Airfish as well, and for $1200, I had a complete engine, and I just swapped my parts over. And I was back running.

And you said you do some towing? Yeah, my PMR motor blew up 1000 miles and 14 hours from home the ONE time I hooked it to a trailer. Imagine you're in that situation... Not something you want to have to deal with. Especially being you tow more than I do.

Addicted4

Reaction score
So how do you know it's not forged rods docbar? Ever seen 01 with forged and pmrs? 02-03 have a chance, ask jake at irate with his 02 wih forged rods mine is a 03 but never checked. Tuning plays a big role in towing with bigger injectors.

How much power do you really need over what you have right now? Any ideas what your making right now?

DocBar

Reaction score
So how do you know it's not forged rods docbar? Ever seen 01 with forged and pmrs? 02-03 have a chance, ask jake at irate with his 02 wih forged rods mine is a 03 but never checked. Tuning plays a big role in towing with bigger injectors.

How much power do you really need over what you have right now? Any ideas what your making right now?
Ok...wanna bet on it? The odds of an '03 having stock forged rods from the factory are slim to none and slim's out of town.

Addicted4

Reaction score
They never made a 03 7.3 FYI, last one made was 02 so it is possible. Might as while check to make sure

Addicted4

Reaction score
Look at the build date and the motor tag bet its a 02 but titled a 03 just like mine

INFRNL

Reaction score
They never made a 03 7.3 FYI, last one made was 02 so it is possible. Might as while check to make sure

I have a factory 2003 7.3. I heard they only made a few before switching to the 6.0

Look at the build date and the motor tag bet its a 02 but titled a 03 just like mine

I was just thinking the same thing as xray said, then I knew it was kind of a trick statement. Yes we have 03's but the motors made in 02.

I'm always iso a forged rod block myself. I cannot see spending 8-10K for a built motor. At that price and what I already have into mine, I may as well have dropped a cummins in an been done.

It would be nice to have a fully built motor, but I think I'll take my chances on a good used forged rod block first. I can then build mine as time/money allows.

Addicted4

Reaction score
All I was saying was check cause you never know what you might have could be lucky and have forged rods in your 03 which everyone says its pmr but worth a look, good luck on your quest for fast heavy truck.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there...

I ran 30k on PMR's with injectors. They weren't 250/200's but trap speed said a bit over 400hp.

Towed all the time too.

Chip stayed on the wide open tune too. Like, switch was under the dash.

The engine is currently sitting assembled and unharmed in the shop.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there...

I ran 30k on PMR's with injectors. They weren't 250/200's but trap speed said a bit over 400hp.

Towed all the time too.

Chip stayed on the wide open tune too. Like, switch was under the dash.

The engine is currently sitting assembled and unharmed in the shop.

Thats what I like to hear! I am still waiting on tunes. Ordered them the 12th, called monday and she said if I dont have them in a few days to email her. Did early today with no response. Hope the tune is worth the wait.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I'm not sayin, I'm just saying.

If your tuning isn't stupid and you're not way over 400 close to 500, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
I'm not sayin, I'm just saying.

If your tuning isn't stupid and you're not way over 400 close to 500, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

If I ever get my tune! It has been 3 weeks at least. I havn't even drove my truck in a month. EPBV is stuck closed and I work 7 12's a week so do not have much time to drive it but it was warm today and I am ready to get out. All the parts in my sig are sitting here waiting on my hpop and tunes. I just know me and the little I get to drive it is always on the highist setting.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
STILL waiting on my SRP 1.1! Has anyone else ordered one of these and did it take 2 months to get it?

JRod

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered my pump from Jake too been waiting over a month and still nothin. He's been very difficult for me to get ahold of

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered my pump from Jake too been waiting over a month and still nothin. He's been very difficult for me to get ahold of

I talked to Gary today they will be shipped tomorrow. The moved their shop to a different state, thats why the wait is so long.

Latest posts

Members online