Got a 2014 Platinum today

Chris.v

Reaction score
Did you go with any kind of kit for the d2's or did you just make your own bracket and splice the factory harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor300wsm

Reaction score
I bought a kit from a vendor on here, but in all honesty, it's over priced and not needed. The kit is very costly for two tiny brackets and two pigtails to hook into the factory wiring. I asked in a couple of threads if I could see a pic of the bracket, but wasnt able to get one. The brakets could be made in 15 min with some aluminum (or steel) angle iron and a grinder. The electrical plugs are available for a few bucks on eBay and Amazon.

Trevor300wsm

Reaction score
Update:

Just wanted to share a pic of the truck after everything was installed. It turned out really good, in my opinion. This is the only pic I took so far. I'll get some more of the actual suspension components installed later.

Icon Stage 3 4.5" lift with 1" TEI billet spacer (5.5" total)
Icon Piggy back shocks front & rear (these are awesome)
Icon dual steering stabilizer
One Up Offroad ALA's
37-13.50x22 Toyo MT's
22x10 XD's
AMP Steps (I love these)
Recon cab lights and side markers
Recon tail lights (on order)

**** Just a FYI to guys that are getting ready to buy all the parts for your truck lift......SHOP AROUND!!! I ended up saving over $1000 in the end over what some vendors had offered me for a "package deal", that wasn't really a "deal" at all.

1F3FDA40-7ED5-418F-AFD2-7F7790E63779.jpg

AFBF4B8F-8797-4F32-B8DA-5D3885DD02EA.jpg

Reaction score
Idk why you say that no one has a "reliable" led. In fact I would say just the opposite. I've never owned a "reliable" HID. I love my led headlights and fogs.

And no offense, but if you don't like what the vendors have to offer then please keep the amazon and eBay crap to yourself. Guys like josh with the bolt in rigid kit spend time and money so people can have the "convenience" of having a nice product that fits.

I'm all for doing stuff yourself. But there is a reason we have reputable vendors... Call eBay when you have a problem and need to ask questions or get a part warrantied.... I don't understand buying a platinum and then complaining about the cost of parts or services for aftermarket accessories. Some people can't do thing themselves or do not care to. You don't need to talk down on the people offering these services or the people who use them.

You have a nice truck. I'm glad the members and vendors here were able to help you get it to where it is.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Idk why you say that no one has a "reliable" led. In fact I would say just the opposite. I've never owned a "reliable" HID. I love my led headlights and fogs.

And no offense, but if you don't like what the vendors have to offer then please keep the amazon and eBay crap to yourself. Guys like josh with the bolt in rigid kit spend time and money so people can have the "convenience" of having a nice product that fits.

I'm all for doing stuff yourself. But there is a reason we have reputable vendors... Call eBay when you have a problem and need to ask questions or get a part warrantied.... I don't understand buying a platinum and then complaining about the cost of parts or services for aftermarket accessories. Some people can't do thing themselves or do not care to. You don't need to talk down on the people offering these services or the people who use them.

You have a nice truck. I'm glad the members and vendors here were able to help you get it to where it is.

Isn't this the truth!

And most people never remember to ask about price matching which some of us do. Buying from just anyone doesn't guarantee your warranty on her parts even if they are new.

Truck looks awesome! The icon piggy backs are top notch shocks and make for an exceptional ride.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score

Truth!

Trevor300wsm

Reaction score

Please direct to me the LED headlights that are available with good reviews for my truck. I'm all for giving them a try instead of HID's.

I have not bought any parts off of eBay. I bought some Rigids and floor mats off Amazon. If I had an issue with the Rigid lights, I'm going to be directed to Rigid for my issues, no matter who I bought them from initially. As for my Amazon bought Weather Tech mats, I did have an issue and the Amazon vendor promptly gave me a RMA number and covered shipping on both ends. If you buy from the right places on Amazon, you'd be surprised at the level of customer service you can receive. As for the rest of my parts.......I'm pretty damn sure Marty at Truck Toyz is going to make sure I'm well taken care of should i have any issues, as he's already done thus far.

As for vendors price matching.....make me the best deal possible to begin with and I'll buy from you. With 3 different vendors I tried to buy from (on here), that didnt happen. I can't help it that I'm knowledgable enough to shop around and see that one vendors "good deal private PM" price is higher than another vendors online advertised everyday price. That's not my fault. Also, I actually did try to go a step further and actually offer one vendor on here a chance to price match Marty at Truck Toyz, but I guess the deal Marty made me was just too good because the vendor told me I need to show something in writing to prove those were the prices I was getting. Well......I clearly had no issue with that, but then I had to ask myself why?? Why would I do this? I didn't have to buy from this guy so why is the burden of proof on me? I simply said "yeah ill get you a copy of the quote" and get back with you. Well, when I called Marty back it wasn't to ask for a hard copy of the quote, it was to give him my credit card number.

As for your comment about buying a Platinum and then complaining about the cost of aftermarket parts......what does that even mean?? Because I'm financially able to afford a nice truck that I should just throw money into the wind frivolously?? You can't be serious?? I have the money that I do because I make wise choices. Saving $1000 on this stuff is $1000 I can spend on a tuner, CAI, and exhaust.

You took up bandwidth to state your opinion in MY thread. This is simply me giving a bit more insight on what influenced my choices. I didn't intend for this to turn into a confrontational thread, but I suppose it has.

As for everyone else, I appreciate the comments on the truck. I've owned 4 of them in the past, all lifted and modded, but this one is my favorite thus far.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Awesome truck! Give it an A+++

As for vendors, some will work with you some will not. I have gotten great prices from some and other it just like wtf are they smoking. Either way, no matter who I buy from, I try and support American made products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Please direct to me the LED headlights that are available with good reviews for my truck. I'm all for giving them a try instead of HID's.

I have not bought any parts off of eBay. I bought some Rigids and floor mats off Amazon. If I had an issue with the Rigid lights, I'm going to be directed to Rigid for my issues, no matter who I bought them from initially. As for my Amazon bought Weather Tech mats, I did have an issue and the Amazon vendor promptly gave me a RMA number and covered shipping on both ends. If you buy from the right places on Amazon, you'd be surprised at the level of customer service you can receive. As for the rest of my parts.......I'm pretty damn sure Marty at Truck Toyz is going to make sure I'm well taken care of should i have any issues, as he's already done thus far.

As for vendors price matching.....make me the best deal possible to begin with and I'll buy from you. With 3 different vendors I tried to buy from (on here), that didnt happen. I can't help it that I'm knowledgable enough to shop around and see that one vendors "good deal private PM" price is higher than another vendors online advertised everyday price. That's not my fault. Also, I actually did try to go a step further and actually offer one vendor on here a chance to price match Marty at Truck Toyz, but I guess the deal Marty made me was just too good because the vendor told me I need to show something in writing to prove those were the prices I was getting. Well......I clearly had no issue with that, but then I had to ask myself why?? Why would I do this? I didn't have to buy from this guy so why is the burden of proof on me? I simply said "yeah ill get you a copy of the quote" and get back with you. Well, when I called Marty back it wasn't to ask for a hard copy of the quote, it was to give him my credit card number.

As for your comment about buying a Platinum and then complaining about the cost of aftermarket parts......what does that even mean?? Because I'm financially able to afford a nice truck that I should just throw money into the wind frivolously?? You can't be serious?? I have the money that I do because I make wise choices. Saving $1000 on this stuff is $1000 I can spend on a tuner, CAI, and exhaust.

You took up bandwidth to state your opinion in MY thread. This is simply me giving a bit more insight on what influenced my choices. I didn't intend for this to turn into a confrontational thread, but I suppose it has.

As for everyone else, I appreciate the comments on the truck. I've owned 4 of them in the past, all lifted and modded, but this one is my favorite thus far.

I understand the points your making. The whole thread up to this seemed like you were stating that you did not buy anything from vendors because we are all overpriced and terrible to deal with. You said Josh's rigid kit was a waste of money and basically a rip off. That to me is bashing peoples products. Just because you can do it yourself for cheap doesn't mean you have to call out a bunch of respected vendors and point out how everyone's and idiot if they don't buy from amazon.

I don't have a problem where you buy your parts at all. I'm glad your resourceful. But your attitude towards the vendors here was not warranted.

I would tell you where I got my led headlights from but you already said how his product was overpriced and you wouldn't buy it.

The advertising dollars from the vendors help keep this site online and moving. There's no need to bash their prices. Your more than welcome to simply "not buy" their product.

As for the platinum and parts cost... You wanted the best truck money can buy, then you complain because the highest end rigid led drop in fog light kit is too overpriced.... I have that kit and I can tell you that I wouldn't do it differently if I bough another. I don't mind paying for quality in the right area. But I don't waste my money either.

I'm sorry if I came of as confrontational but as a vendor and avid fan of this forum I don't like when people come on here and bash respected vendors for no other reason than their overpriced compared to Amazon or eBay. Their companies have employees and actual store fronts and support American families. I know for a for a fact I can't beat most eBay/amazon prices. There's no way I can. If I lose a sale that's fine. But I can't stand it when people think all we are doing is screwing them. Or have to tell me their going to eBay/amazon because we are overpriced.

Sorry for the rant but its what I deal with day I and day out. People think us businesses are bad and out to get them. That not the case 99% of the time. I'd rather see a happy customer than make the extra dollar. It's what keeps people coming back.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I understand the points your making. The whole thread up to this seemed like you were stating that you did not buy anything from vendors because we are all overpriced and terrible to deal with. You said Josh's rigid kit was a waste of money and basically a rip off. That to me is bashing peoples products. Just because you can do it yourself for cheap doesn't mean you have to call out a bunch of respected vendors and point out how everyone's and idiot if they don't buy from amazon.

I don't have a problem where you buy your parts at all. I'm glad your resourceful. But your attitude towards the vendors here was not warranted.

I would tell you where I got my led headlights from but you already said how his product was overpriced and you wouldn't buy it.

The advertising dollars from the vendors help keep this site online and moving. There's no need to bash their prices. Your more than welcome to simply "not buy" their product.

As for the platinum and parts cost... You wanted the best truck money can buy, then you complain because the highest end rigid led drop in fog light kit is too overpriced.... I have that kit and I can tell you that I wouldn't do it differently if I bough another. I don't mind paying for quality in the right area. But I don't waste my money either.

I'm sorry if I came of as confrontational but as a vendor and avid fan of this forum I don't like when people come on here and bash respected vendors for no other reason than their overpriced compared to Amazon or eBay. Their companies have employees and actual store fronts and support American families. I know for a for a fact I can't beat most eBay/amazon prices. There's no way I can. If I lose a sale that's fine. But I can't stand it when people think all we are doing is screwing them. Or have to tell me their going to eBay/amazon because we are overpriced.

Sorry for the rant but its what I deal with day I and day out. People think us businesses are bad and out to get them. That not the case 99% of the time. I'd rather see a happy customer than make the extra dollar. It's what keeps people coming back.

He's also letting everyone know that vendor pricing can be beat on suspension stuff too. News flash , amazon doesn't answer the phone when something doesn't fit. He seems to have a hard on for bashing vendors.

Funny part is , Truck Toyz is a vendor here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought a kit from a vendor on here, but in all honesty, it's over priced and not needed. The kit is very costly for two tiny brackets and two pigtails to hook into the factory wiring. I asked in a couple of threads if I could see a pic of the bracket, but wasnt able to get one. The brakets could be made in 15 min with some aluminum (or steel) angle iron and a grinder. The electrical plugs are available for a few bucks on eBay and Amazon.

So you asked me several times for a picture if the brackets that I took my time and money to develop so that you could copy them to save a couple dollars? Sounds legit to me.

Also, how many people have a grinder, sheet of aluminum, fabrication sense, or all the proper plugs to wire a set of rigids to match factory? I would say less than 10%.

If I had to go buy the materials, locate a set of plugs, Spend the time to figure out how to make a set of adapters to make the lights site nicely in the factory opening and all of that then I know I would lose money on the deal compared to the $75 dollar kit I sell that comes with 100% of what you need, fast shipping, zero guessing and some customer service to go on top of all that.

I guess in whatever line of business your in, your willing to work for free or break even? I know typically I'm not willing to do that. If I can help someone out time to time and my costs are covered to where I'm not out of pocket then I am willing to do that keep or create a happy customer who will return for more business.

However I am not willing to haggle over what I know is already a great price, if someone else can beat it then that's great. If I match a price that's cutting it close and one problem arrises then I've now lost on the deal and that's just not good biz. I am usually the first guy to tell someone that I just can't beat or be competitive in certain things such those XD wheels that you bought. I don't do much with XD. I don't have much buying power there so I can in no way match eBay, Amazon, or some specialty retailer who sells dozens of sets of them a day. I have no problem admitting that sometimes I just can't offer the price someone else can.

Trevor300wsm

Reaction score
Guys I have no issues with the small time business man trying to make a buck. That's great and in itself is the American Dream. I spend untold thousands of dollars in the firearms industry each year (none of it stuff that you can buy on Amazon) and I will always try to buy from a "mom and pop" vendor if I can, and many times do......however, you can be sure that they offered competitive pricing up front if I bought from them.

I tried to buy from several of the vendors here.......it didnt work out. Lets move on.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.