Got a 2014 Platinum today

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I have and would rather support a vendor on here and pay a few bucks more than order from vendors I don't know or a service similar to Amazon. Support those who help keep this site going. We all want to get great products for great pricing, so maybe next time try price matching with our vendors vs. the bigger companies?

Just my opinion.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
I guarantee the customer service of any vendor on PSA beats out that of amazon and ebay all day.

Plus it's a family dynamic here. If you buy and sell with guys that you know and converse with on a regular basis it makes for much smoother deals.

All that aside, truck looks great. I really dig the look of those wheels.

jordan572

Reaction score
Nice truck and setup you went with, although you may not feel so thedieselcartel is by far the best I have found period. No matter what I'm buying people never answer the phone, respond to emails or even worse know anything about what they sell. Someone that fulfills all of these critical requirements I think deserves the business. Idk when I'm looking for help or advice price is no longer my main dictator, if the vendor can be consistent and not sound like a robot on the other end thats everything to me.

Vengeance

Reaction score
As for vendors price matching.....make me the best deal possible to begin with and I'll buy from you. With 3 different vendors I tried to buy from (on here), that didnt happen. I can't help it that I'm knowledgable enough to shop around and see that one vendors "good deal private PM" price is higher than another vendors online advertised everyday price. That's not my fault. Also, I actually did try to go a step further and actually offer one vendor on here a chance to price match Marty at Truck Toyz, but I guess the deal Marty made me was just too good because the vendor told me I need to show something in writing to prove those were the prices I was getting. Well......I clearly had no issue with that, but then I had to ask myself why?? Why would I do this? I didn't have to buy from this guy so why is the burden of proof on me? I simply said "yeah ill get you a copy of the quote" and get back with you. Well, when I called Marty back it wasn't to ask for a hard copy of the quote, it was to give him my credit card number.

I don't have a dog in this hunt other that the bolded statement. Do you honestly expect a company to match a price, simply because YOU said that is what you could get without proof? Really?

Walmart price matches, but.....wait for it..... you have to have the competitors add to show the actual price.

Car dealers will try to price match, but.....guess what, you better have proof that the competing dealer did in fact quote you the price you want matched.

Many other instances where this takes place. I can think of no company that is legitimate, that would even think of price matching without proof.

I know I certainly won't.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this hunt other that the bolded statement. Do you honestly expect a company to match a price, simply because YOU said that is what you could get without proof? Really?

Walmart price matches, but.....wait for it..... you have to have the competitors add to show the actual price.

Car dealers will try to price match, but.....guess what, you better have proof that the competing dealer did in fact quote you the price you want matched.

Many other instances where this takes place. I can think of no company that is legitimate, that would even think of price matching without proof.

Deal with this everyday... Same thingg everytime.

There's a thing called MAP that many people don't follow. So forgive me for not wantig to get dropped from manufacturers I have worked hard to establish a relationship with and be able to sell their products.

A majority of the time, if the price is significantly less than others you have seen, that company is either a) not meeting MAP And your warranty could be null as well as that vendor being dropped by the manufacturer. Or b) they are not an authorized distributor to begin with.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Whats comical, is the guy ordered through Marty's site according to Marty. So either it was a flat out fib to try to save a buck, or Marty lied to Dave any myself, feel free to make your assumptions.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Deal with this everyday... Same thingg everytime.

There's a thing called MAP that many people don't follow. So forgive me for not wantig to get dropped from manufacturers I have worked hard to establish a relationship with and be able to sell their products.

A majority of the time, if the price is significantly less than others you have seen, that company is either a) not meeting MAP And your warranty could be null as well as that vendor being dropped by the manufacturer. Or b) they are not an authorized distributor to begin with.

MAP dictates what a vendor can advertise the merchandise for, that does not dictate what the vendor can actually sell it for.

bricewise

Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight and I've been away from the forums for a while due to family issues but today had some free time so figured I'd play.

In my mind, there is a difference between buying products from a Vendor who fabricated said products (I have a fuel filter stuff from Morgan, EGR stuff from Steve, dual fueler from H&S and turbo from Elite) vs buying manufactured products from a vendor who is not responsible for that manufacturing. Granted there is exceptions with that like OUO who only sell to a handful of folks. But for the most part, if I'm simply buying a product from a "dealer" why wouldn't I try to get the most affordable price?

As an example, with Icon, if I can get a cheaper price on an Icon lift from X vs Y, why wouldn't I? I'm not talking about a few dollars, I'm talking significant price difference? When at the end of the day, I'll either lean on the forums or call Icon directly if I have issues. The more I save with Icon products, the more manufactured products I can buy from Vendors on this site like Morgan, Steve, etc.

vendor2.png

TruckToyz.png

SAK

Reaction score
Whats comical, is the guy ordered through Marty's site according to Marty. So either it was a flat out fib to try to save a buck, or Marty lied to Dave any myself, feel free to make your assumptions.

I was going to text this to you Jared, but I'm just going to put it here for all to see.

Marty said he never spoke to Dave about this order, so Marty couldn't have lied to Dave about it.

There also was no special deal on any OUO parts he got from Truck Toyz, we don't discount OUO parts.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight and I've been away from the forums for a while due to family issues but today had some free time so figured I'd play.

In my mind, there is a difference between buying products from a Vendor who fabricated said products (I have a fuel filter stuff from Morgan, EGR stuff from Steve, dual fueler from H&S and turbo from Elite) vs buying manufactured products from a vendor who is not responsible for that manufacturing. Granted there is exceptions with that like OUO who only sell to a handful of folks. But for the most part, if I'm simply buying a product from a "dealer" why wouldn't I try to get the most affordable price?

As an example, with Icon, if I can get a cheaper price on an Icon lift from X vs Y, why wouldn't I? I'm not talking about a few dollars, I'm talking significant price difference? When at the end of the day, I'll either lean on the forums or call Icon directly if I have issues. The more I save with Icon products, the more manufactured products I can buy from Vendors on this site like Morgan, Steve, etc.

vendor2.png

TruckToyz.png

Unfortunately, all I can say from that, is I will be sending that to ICON so DPP can get put on the do not sell to list by Icon. Map violation is a huge deal to those of of with lights to keep on and families to feed

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I was going to text this to you Jared, but I'm just going to put it here for all to see.

Marty said he never spoke to Dave about this order, so Marty couldn't have lied to Dave about it.

There also was no special deal on any OUO parts he got from Truck Toyz, we don't discount OUO parts.

I think your misinterpreting what Im saying. I wouldn't ever accuse Marty of lying. I'm saying this guy claimed he was getting some special deal on parts from Marty, I asked for a quote, and he didn't deliver, because he was full of it..

And I was on the phone with Dave when I read this.. and they did indeed have a conversation about it. My statement is in reference to that Marty and I sell parts on the EXACT same level, no matter what. That in fact the customer ordered parts off Marty's website, per Marty telling that to Dave, and that I highly doubt Marty would make that up to sell a product cheaper. That in fact disproves that Marty ever even "quoted" this guy a product besides what the website displays..

bricewise

Reaction score
Unfortunately, all I can say from that, is I will be sending that to ICON so DPP can get put on the do not sell to list by Icon. Map violation is a huge deal to those of of with lights to keep on and families to feed

Whether its a MAP violation or not, I have no clue, but a 5 minute search on google yielded me those results. Vendors aren't the only people trying to feed their families, I've got a family to feed, and while truck fun never comes in between the food on the table that's not an excuse for me not to get the best price possible from dealers.

A lot of you guys are friends, have met in real life, drank a few beers together, etc; while some of us, like myself, just frequent the forums, never have met anyone except a couple folks on the phone and will probably never meet you guys in person due to circumstances. Do I think I get the same price from Jared at RCD that he gives Morgan? No, do I expect it? Definitely not. So when it comes to products not manufactured by vendors here, I attempt to get the best price.

Vengeance

Reaction score

There is absolutely nothing wrong, nor implied by what you said. I do the same thing.

However, what you said compared to what the OP said/wanted are 2 entirely different things.

zilla68

Reaction score
I never saw where the OP said any vendor names, it was a blanket statement.
And yes it pays to shop around.

I tried to buy a lift off here and was quoted a pretty high "deal" price, only to find it cheaper by 250.00 and free shipping and it shipped directly from the lift company.

I doubt anyone is stocking a 5-7k lift kit in inventory, Im sure icon drop ships just like everyone else, so my question is, if its drop shipped thru icon or whoever, how can they void the warranty because you bought it below map pricing when you just paid a middle man and they physically shipped it to you? That doesn't sound right.

bricewise

Reaction score
And I take back what I said about OUO, it appears even then one should shop around. This idea of loyalty goes both ways on this forum, you want the customers to be loyal, the vendors should honor that loyalty. So don't think a comment like this has any merit.

So buying loyalty has no merit to you is what your saying. It's all about the dollars and cents. Makes sense.

TruckToyz.png

riffraff.png

SAK

Reaction score
And I take back what I said about OUO, it appears even then one should shop around. This idea of loyalty goes both ways on this forum, you want the customers to be loyal, the vendors should honor that loyalty. So don't think a comment like this has any merit.

TruckToyz.png

riffraff.png

What are you trying to point out here?

bricewise

Reaction score
What are you trying to point out here?

Jared speaking to loyalty of consumers and in same breath speaking to unilateral pricing system all in one thread when clearly Icon and OUO products do not have that. Dealers may all buy them for the same price but clearly they are not sold at the same price. So it only makes since for us, the consumers, to shop.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.