h&s lpfp

Reaction score
Threads like this really ruin the forum. Everyone has opinions of what they think works well and what they think they need. The point of a forum is to ask questions and get some FACTUAL input. What would be useful is for the H&S rep or No Limit to put up some specs on the factory pumps gph , pressure and micron rating vs the H&S. Maybe how it would perform with future improvements like dual fuel and larger injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is the factory pumps are so inconsistent. Some of them have been able to supply enough fuel over 700 hp. Others have starved trucks at 500. It's a luck of the draw kind of thing.

Our kit utilizes a 200 GPH pump which, on paper, is enough fuel for over 1000 hp and is backed up by plenty of guys making well over that.

What I do know is that back when we designed the low pressure fuel system we did so because we were seeing the factory pump struggling when we started pushing things with our dual fuelers and turbo kit.

In the end, if you're lacking low pressure fuel, you're lacking low pressure fuel. There are guys out there running dual fuelers with stock pumps and are probably just fine. (I say probably because I also know of a handful of guys that were unaware that they were starving the high pressure pump or just plain maxing their stock pump out all of the time). I also know that there are A LOT of guys that call me requesting our low pressure pump because they are running out of low pressure supply with, or in rare cases, without dual fuelers.

Reaction score
And to supplement your question, KXC, there are many reasons guys have gone to our low pressure kit.

Some of those include-

-Super quiet compared to other aftermarket pumps.
-Highest reliability on the market.
-No more broken fuel bowls.
-Plug and play system. No sumps or dropping tanks to install draw straw.
-High quality, external regulator adjustable to 100 psi.
-Spin on style filter/water separator.
-Includes fuel filter conversion for under hood filter ($150 value).
-No tapping into fuse block. Utilizes factory fuel pump harness.
-Mounts in factory location. No drilling or welding required.
-Works on stock or modified trucks.
-Hard anodized fittings.
-Grade 8 hardware.
-2 year, no questions asked warranty.
-Made in the USA.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This comment shows that you know nothing about how a high pressure/low pressure fuel system works.

A high pressure fuel system is fed by a low pressure fuel system. If the low pressure fuel system can't meet the demands of the high pressure fuel system, the rail pressure will consequently suffer because of the lack of fuel to the high pressure pumps. A lack of adequate pressure and volume going to the high pressure pump will starve everything. The whole fuel system depends on the low pressure pump.

dont feed him .

Kxc

Reaction score
And to supplement your question, KXC, there are many reasons guys have gone to our low pressure kit.

Some of those include-

-Super quiet compared to other aftermarket pumps.
-Highest reliability on the market.
-No more broken fuel bowls.
-Plug and play system. No sumps or dropping tanks to install draw straw.
-High quality, external regulator adjustable to 100 psi.
-Spin on style filter/water separator.
-Includes fuel filter conversion for under hood filter ($150 value).
-No tapping into fuse block. Utilizes factory fuel pump harness.
-Mounts in factory location. No drilling or welding required.
-Works on stock or modified trucks.
-Hard anodized fittings.
-Grade 8 hardware.
-2 year, no questions asked warranty.
-Made in the USA.

Great stuff !

Kxc

Reaction score
Anyone stumbling on this thread now will have a great idea of what's needed in a fuel system (after they get by the first couple pages haha)

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
This comment shows that you know nothing about how a high pressure/low pressure fuel system works.

A high pressure fuel system is fed by a low pressure fuel system. If the low pressure fuel system can't meet the demands of the high pressure fuel system, the rail pressure will consequently suffer because of the lack of fuel to the high pressure pumps. A lack of adequate pressure and volume going to the high pressure pump will starve everything. The whole fuel system depends on the low pressure pump.
You stil have NO COMPARISON INFO,Between your Product and OEM.So you can say anything you like,to promote YOUR product.Its as simple as that.Wouldn't you want to Provide real world Comparison tests,if your product was much the BEST?It would benefit you and your product.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For me I had a H&S lpfs and I didn't install it because the stock fuel system is working fine feeding my dual pumps. The other issue I have is that I make cross county road trips and I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road looking for a none oem pump. I only have 2k on the new setup but it performs like it should and is holding rail pressure. I also know of another truck that has 700hp dyno sheet with I believe 30k on the setup and that truck as well utilizes the factory setup.

I think it has a lot to do with the way you plumb the fuel system after you add the secondary hpfp. I plumbed mine the same way H&S suggest to setup their lpfs kit, that may be why I haven't had any issues yet.(knock on wood) I do like the way H&S setup the filtration side of the their system but is it worth the 1200+ you're going to pay for it?....I'll leave that up to the individual has the coin buy it or not.

It also may be just the luck of the draw and the two aforementioned trucks got lucky and have a good oem lpfp. I don't know but IMHO until any individual stock or modified has a rail pressure issue that is caused by the oem lpfp I wouldn't change it.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
For me I had a H&S lpfs and I didn't install it because the stock fuel system is working fine feeding my dual pumps. The other issue I have is that I make cross county road trips and I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road looking for a none oem pump. I only have 2k on the new setup but it performs like it should and is holding rail pressure. I also know of another truck that has 700hp dyno sheet with I believe 30k on the setup and that truck as well utilizes the factory setup.

I think it has a lot to do with the way you plumb the fuel system after you add the secondary hpfp. I plumbed mine the same way H&S suggest to setup their lpfs kit, that may be why I haven't had any issues yet.(knock on wood) I do like the way H&S setup the filtration side of the their system but is it worth the 1200+ you're going to pay for it?....I'll leave that up to the individual has the coin buy it or not.

It also may be just the luck of the draw and the two aforementioned trucks got lucky and have a good oem lpfp. I don't know but IMHO until any individual stock or modified has a rail pressure issue that is caused by the oem lpfp I wouldn't change it.
Nice post.

Kxc

Reaction score
Is there a difference in the lpfs from 11-14 and 15-16 ?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
My stock LPFP isn't keeping up with dual pumps. Until the oilfield turns around, I'll keep the tune down in the tow setting and drive my winter beater until I can afford to get the H&S setup.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My stock LPFP isn't keeping up with dual pumps. Until the oilfield turns around, I'll keep the tune down in the tow setting and drive my winter beater until I can afford to get the H&S setup.

great post !!! some people don't even know they have an issue. you know who has your back .

sootie

Reaction score

How are you monitoring low side fuel pressure?

sootie

Reaction score
No specifically monitoring it but using the mini to monitor rail pressure and it doesn't hold. I get low pressure dash messages too when I'm on the bigger tune...

what pulsewidth is your biggest tune?

sootie

Reaction score
If my memory serves me correct it's 2100. I think If anything, it's just a weak LPFP from the get go..

similar to mine. im running 2150 on a stroker pump. Holding rail fine and no warnings here. I wonder if high fuel temp with dual fuelers is messing with us more than we think.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
similar to mine. im running 2150 on a stroker pump. Holding rail fine and no warnings here. I wonder if high fuel temp with dual fuelers is messing with us more than we think.

You definitely could be onto something. I've been itching to get that H&S setup when I get some funds so I'll try that first and then see what happens haha.

Latest posts

Members online