h&s lpfp

Kxc

Reaction score
On '15 factory fuel system with SMR turbo I'm at 80-90 psi monitored on Forscan. Think just 15 and up have pressure sensor ? I data logged a few 1/4 mile runs and lowest was 78 psi and 28 kpsi rail pressure at 41 psi boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
On '15 factory fuel system with SMR turbo I'm at 80-90 psi monitored on Forscan. Think just 15 and up have pressure sensor ? I data logged a few 1/4 mile runs and lowest was 78 psi and 28 kpsi rail pressure at 41 psi boost.

80-90 PSI ???? wow. you only need 50 .

as for fuel temps .. for sure, definitely a factor.

Kxc

Reaction score
Do the 15s run higher than 11-14? That may be absolute reading I'll have to double check

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Do the 15s run higher than 11-14? That may be absolute reading I'll have to double check

no. but with the h&s lpfs , it includes a regulator, we keep the psi as low as we can without setting the light, at 50 psi .

Kxc

Reaction score
What's the reason for the high fuel temps with dual fuel ?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What's the reason for the high fuel temps with dual fuel ?

pumps create heat. 1 pump is fine for the fuel cooler, 2 pumps a bit more. so combine high ambient temps, load, extra strain on the lpfs and you get more heat. mine limped after towing 10k in 100* weather after the tank got down to a 1/4 or so. i believe it limps at 160* fuel temp .

Kxc

Reaction score
pumps create heat. 1 pump is fine for the fuel cooler, 2 pumps a bit more. so combine high ambient temps, load, extra strain on the lpfs and you get more heat. mine limped after towing 10k in 100* weather after the tank got down to a 1/4 or so. i believe it limps at 160* fuel temp .

Great to know. Thanks Mike

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I have H&S Dual Fuelers and the H&S LPFP running 2350 on my big tune with 15% nozzles. No low pressure warning and holds like a rock on the big tune. I run a secondary fuel cooler in the bed with a Derale fan/cooler wired into my upfitter. Been running the H&S pumps and LPFP for a little over 2 years now with no issues what so ever. If you have plans to do injectors and more mods down the road I would personally recommend the H&S kit since I can actually provide long term evidence of its reliability.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I have H&S Dual Fuelers and the H&S LPFP running 2350 on my big tune with 15% nozzles. No low pressure warning and holds like a rock on the big tune. I run a secondary fuel cooler in the bed with a Derale fan/cooler wired into my upfitter. Been running the H&S pumps and LPFP for a little over 2 years now with no issues what so ever. If you have plans to do injectors and more mods down the road I would personally recommend the H&S kit since I can actually provide long term evidence of its reliability.

Great Input, these are the responses we need on this forum!

Black AOD

Reaction score
Great Input, these are the responses we need on this forum!
[quote name="dsmracing1" post=1462683]Great Input, these are the responses we need on this forum![/QUOTE]

Agreed ^^^

Petes posts are usually pretty constructive and full of good info...hes got one of the first complete full built 6.7s I'm aware of that has stayed together for what I consider a "lengthy" period and actually gets abused and raced and even sled pulled a few times and honestly still gets him from Point A to Point B when he needs to.

It doesn't make +1000HP (honestly it doesnt need to) but its incredibly well put together and hauls ass like it's stolen and it continues to impress me 100% of the time. And it rarely ever has "real" issues. One of my favorite 6.7s hands down. Biatch just needs 60% injectors now !!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Excellent feedback from third party individuals. This info supports everything we have seen- some trucks' low pressure pumps have kept up while others just don't. Like I said before, luck of the draw.

The reason a dual fueler vs. a modified pump requiring "more fuel" and produces more heat is because it is returning more fuel with two pumps and, consequently, produces slightly more heat. A dual fueler, however, is capable of more power in almost every situation and will be more reliable than a modified CP4.

On a side note, I never suggest running anything using a high pressure fuel system below 1/4 tank, especially one with a dual fueler. It's just good practice and will prolong the life of any high pressure fuel system because it keeps the heat out of it, whether it's stock or modified.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
1/4 tank on everything I own equals empty... im kinda a dick about it too... if I let anyone drive my vehicles and I see they let it drop below 1/4 tank, they are not allowed to drive it ever again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The-Fett

Reaction score
Excellent feedback from third party individuals. This info supports everything we have seen- some trucks' low pressure pumps have kept up while others just don't. Like I said before, luck of the draw.

The reason a dual fueler vs. a modified pump requiring "more fuel" and produces more heat is because it is returning more fuel with two pumps and, consequently, produces slightly more heat. A dual fueler, however, is capable of more power in almost every situation and will be more reliable than a modified CP4.

On a side note, I never suggest running anything using a high pressure fuel system below 1/4 tank, especially one with a dual fueler. It's just good practice and will prolong the life of any high pressure fuel system because it keeps the heat out of it, whether it's stock or modified.
Yeah I hear ya on the 1/4 tank deal. As is I'm programmed to think half is "empty"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I should work on that lol. I just towed my toy hauler home with dual pumps and was down to almost the red line. Whoops, did I say that out loud....

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

Since you brought up fuel temp... not sure if this is the place but since it's somewhat related me and Cody (6slow) did a little testing last summer. Now this is somewhat unscientific since we weren't taking temp of the fuel itself but instead using a temp gun to shoot different parts of the fuel system for a comparison and obtain a delta. This was the same time I installed a copy of Codys fuel cooler setup.

This is a H&S duel fueler & lpfp. Was a 90 degree day and truck had been sitting in an enclosed garage all day. No auxiliary fuel cooler at this time.

Before start up.
Secondary Filter on firewall- 96
Secondary CNC Adapter - 101
Plastic Tank - 83
Water sep - 86

After 45min highway 1/4 tank.
Filter - 134
Adapter - 125
Tank - 106
Water Sep - 133

Same drive. Full tank
Filter - 120
Adapter - 118
Tank - 100
Water sep- 115

Now I realize this isn't the actual fuel temp going through the pump but it gives you an idea how hot just the metal adapters and filters get. Also shows the difference just a fuel tank of fuel makes temp wise.

After the fuel cooler install I saw a consistent 20-30 degree drop in the temps listed above shooting the same spots. I don't have the setup compared to a stock pump but I can assume with a high certainty that a stock pump would run hotter due to the smaller size And volume. This would be backed up by Mikes observation of getting fuel pressure codes with a stock pump And the installation of the H&S alleviating the issue. And yes its highly recommended to never go below 1/4 tank as already mentioned.

Proper setup, maintenance, and even additional cooling like Cody and I have done would keep a twin setup with H&S lpfp very reliable. I don't think twice about beating on my truck or going on 8 hour road trips with it. The fuel cooler install is super easy and cheap if you're interested I can PM you part numbers and pieces needed.
3438710e6b2a4d04ddb08518f101c192.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Since you brought up fuel temp... not sure if this is the place but since it's somewhat related me and Cody (6slow) did a little testing last summer. Now this is somewhat unscientific since we weren't taking temp of the fuel itself but instead using a temp gun to shoot different parts of the fuel system for a comparison and obtain a delta. This was the same time I installed a copy of Codys fuel cooler setup.

This is a H&S duel fueler & lpfp. Was a 90 degree day and truck had been sitting in an enclosed garage all day. No auxiliary fuel cooler at this time.

Before start up.
Secondary Filter on firewall- 96
Secondary CNC Adapter - 101
Plastic Tank - 83
Water sep - 86

After 45min highway 1/4 tank.
Filter - 134
Adapter - 125
Tank - 106
Water Sep - 133

Same drive. Full tank
Filter - 120
Adapter - 118
Tank - 100
Water sep- 115

Now I realize this isn't the actual fuel temp going through the pump but it gives you an idea how hot just the metal adapters and filters get. Also shows the difference just a fuel tank of fuel makes temp wise.

After the fuel cooler install I saw a consistent 20-30 degree drop in the temps listed above shooting the same spots. I don't have the setup compared to a stock pump but I can assume with a high certainty that a stock pump would run hotter due to the smaller size And volume. This would be backed up by Mikes observation of getting fuel pressure codes with a stock pump And the installation of the H&S alleviating the issue. And yes its highly recommended to never go below 1/4 tank as already mentioned.

Proper setup, maintenance, and even additional cooling like Cody and I have done would keep a twin setup with H&S lpfp very reliable. I don't think twice about beating on my truck or going on 8 hour road trips with it. The fuel cooler install is super easy and cheap if you're interested I can PM you part numbers and pieces needed.
3438710e6b2a4d04ddb08518f101c192.jpg

Ill bear witness to both his and cody's trucks on how big a difference it made in temp drops across the board...was present for pete's install for when we did it up in Michigan before DNR the next day.

Latest posts

Members online