Half Empty Shotgun build thread

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Yes, it will be bagged. The drop beams don't get me as low as I desire, and drop coils on drop beams would make the camber look like hell......

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Found an 86 front clip, started removing the old front clip and the bed so that I can start backhalving

AKHILF

Reaction score
Iv seen the beams and 1" drop springs work out. But you are right. If you want to be in the weeds bags are the way to go. Good luck post a bunch of pictures.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
This is just a longshot, but what about the TDI motor out of a jetta or something? Im not sure if those can be used in a RWD form but that would be a fun little truck with how light it would be.

Just thinking out loud.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Iv seen the beams and 1" drop springs work out. But you are right. If you want to be in the weeds bags are the way to go. Good luck post a bunch of pictures.

yeah, I figured since I am going to lower it, I might as well bag it and make it lay on the frame.....

This is just a longshot, but what about the TDI motor out of a jetta or something? Im not sure if those can be used in a RWD form but that would be a fun little truck with how light it would be.

Just thinking out loud.

I thought about TDIs and OM617s along with 4BTs 6BTs 4-53Ts and Powerstrokes, they all have their pros and cons. At the end of the day an IDI will be the easiest on my wallet and less stressful to install. Not to mention I love how they sound. I dont give a good god damn how fast or powerful this truck is, so the fact that an IDI makes beans for power is irrelevant.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Saw pictures of a chop top f150 at work yesterday, bottom line, I will NOT be doing that....Waiting on my buddy to get here to do some more teardown

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Snagged a pair of bags today for free..... they are a little overkill, but they were free.... they ought to work for the back.... Its been rainy here and classes are keeping me busy, but I should have teardown done by this weekend

jngreen

Reaction score
I watched an episode of West Coast Customs on Netflix where the did a slight chop on Jesse James' Chevy 1500. The way they did it, it wouldnt be too terrible. They kept the stock front glass, and just notched it at the base to lay it back a little. I think they ended up with a 3 inch chop, maybe more, and kept most of the factory glass and build the cab around it. They may have even kept the factory glass in the doors.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Mapleview.jpg

The way the back of the cab angles, I just don't see it coming out looking right. to make it look right would be such a subtle chop that it would not be worth the time and effort to do it.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
That's two bags stacked on top of each other.... have not had a chance to measure them empty/full, I just managed to snag them for the right price (free), so I figured that I could make them work

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Thanks man, I have been all over that.... should be posting some solidworks drawings later this week if I could ever get my schoolwork done.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Me either..... I wish I had more time/tools to work on it....I am still not sure how
I am going to be welding things

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
With a welder? :poke:

Haha obviously..... I am building this truck at my house in columbus, which is roughly 2 hours from my shop in bowling green. I have nothing but hand tools and 110v to work with, thus making it that much more of an "old school" build. I am trying to get my hands on the use of a gas powered unit, but I have to have a lot of welding lined up to justify bringing one out.... the smaller things I can weld up at work, but the truck itself is stationary at home

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
not much to update here..... my DD needs front u-joints and the Boss's pontiac needs work..... oh and midterms have been going on the past few weeks. Anyways....

The bed has been removed from the truck
A four link blueprint has been determined
Still waiting on a quote for front beams

unfortunately it is starting to get cold in Ohio, so my goal of getting this thing done for LST is looking like a pipe dream...