Have fun 7.3 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
image2.jpg we can also do 6L pumps,

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
There are quite a few of them out there that have been out there for awhile, and since 3 months ago when we introduced them theres been about 40-50 sold.

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
The company we work with isn't just some fly by night, we use a custom built one of a kind state of the art testing bench, there is over 500 thousand invested in the machine, about 80% of the pumps on the market have been tested in our test bench, i'm not sure how others test their pumps, with our stand there is 0 variation of testing conditions, every single pump that leave gets tested rather rigorously.

psduser1

Reaction score
The company we work with isn't just some fly by night, we use a custom built one of a kind state of the art testing bench, there is over 500 thousand invested in the machine, about 80% of the pumps on the market have been tested in our test bench, i'm not sure how others test their pumps, with our stand there is 0 variation of testing conditions, every single pump that leave gets tested rather rigorously.

I don't know your specific test parameters, but 200* oil would more closely resemble actual engine service.
I really hope this works out for you..
My earlier post was referring to gary's pump, which I can tell you definetly outflows the adrenaline, as I've run both pumps on the same truck.

pullandpray

Reaction score
Lol 200* isn't **** if you have twins hahaha I see my oil temp and just cringe sometimes

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
**** it, I got a set of 250/200s and looking for oil. I will buy it, test it, and report back. If it don't pan out, it's a core for twins.

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
We test between 140-145* we have found there is no real variation in pump performance at temps over 130* so we keep the temp lower the reduce dangers, you still have to keep in mind we do 20-100 pumps per day.

ToMang07

Reaction score

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
**** it, I got a set of 250/200s and looking for oil. I will buy it, test it, and report back. If it don't pan out, it's a core for twins.

Give us a call we will be more then happy, and we would love the feedback. like i said before if you're not satisfied i'll return every bit of your investment.

2000wa250

Reaction score
There is definitely a noticeable difference in how oil reacts between 145* and 215*... just saying...

Oh and you say you feel comfortable with 250/200's yet to hold what most consider to be sub par pressure you're stating an IPR % of 50-65%?

From a tuning and oil standpoint, IPR% is maxed out at 70-75%.... so basically you are working within about 10-20% of maxed out on a diminishing returns system.

If the pump works, congrats, but I would seriously change your tune of out performing everyone else until you can at least hold 3000psi under 45% DC with a PW of 3+ ms.

All that being said, I had a stock 15* pump in my truck with 350/200's and it would hold 32-3400psi all day long at 45-50% DC....

psduser1

Reaction score
There is definitely a noticeable difference in how oil reacts between 145* and 215*... just saying...

If the pump works, congrats, but I would seriously change your tune of out performing everyone else until you can at least hold 3000psi under 45% DC with a PW of 3+ ms.

All that being said, I had a stock 15* pump in my truck with 350/200's and it would hold 32-3400psi all day long at 45-50% DC....
I wasn't going to get into that, as I'm not a tuner, but that thought was in the back of my mind.

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
to clear the temp subject up, i should have said it differently, we don't see any advantage to test higher than that 130* after that temp we found every pump we tested reacted the same way with the same changes in temp. i can give you a few test read outs at 200*,

2000wa250

Reaction score
Don't have the time to go back.through this thread and find it to quote it, but in an earlier post you said significantly higher numbers and a much lower psi. Also those numbers are worthless without other numbers such as PW. Like I said, on a tune that made 500+ HP I had a 15* pump, with unknown miles on it, that would hold 32-3400psi under 50% DC.....

My point being that tune had PW limited to about 2.1ms max. Numbers without pulse width and time are bad stats. Only one reason in my book to use bad stats, and that's because either you haven't tested with different PW, don't know what PW was, or you know if you state PW it will invalidate your claims.

In fact, I have that exact same 15* pump with the same IPR still in it. I'll ship that to you for one of your pumps, and I'll throw your pump on my truck and run the exact same tune.

psduser1

Reaction score
to clear the temp subject up, i should have said it differently, we don't see any advantage to test higher than that 130* after that temp we found every pump we tested reacted the same way with the same changes in temp. i can give you a few test read outs at 200*,

Thinner oil probably wouldn't be an advantage, lol.
Kinda sidestepped the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.