Head gasket help and turbo rebuild kit

Steven052

Reaction score
I'm looking for help looking for a thread on replacing a blown head gaskets. And a turbo rebuild kit for the stock turbo. And where can I get head gaskets other than at the dealership?

sootie

Reaction score
head gaskets on a six seven??????? are you sure the diagnosis is correct?

and for rebuilding the stock turbo-forget it, swap a modded 15 charger in there.

Steven052

Reaction score
Well I'm not 100% on it. Could be a cracked head. Burning collant, white smoke that is collant smoke, suction on reservoir, hard startup after setting ( which has to be from coolant in the cylinder) what do u think? And I'm fine with the power my truck puts out on the stock turbo I just thought I coułd rebuild it making to more reliable? And I'll take any help or advice I'm just trying to get it back on the road.

sootie

Reaction score
Is the truck stock? What year is it? Any codes?

Steven052

Reaction score
No it's a 2011 ******d been on the 200 Warhammer since 90-100k right at 165k now. Just happened last week all in one day. Driving home from work and I stoped to boost my car off and it just started rolling white smoke at idle. Flipped the hi idle and it cleared up. Parked it and come Friday when I cranked it is when I realized it was a problem. No codes no major loss of any power just burning coolant. That's while driving it. But I won't risk cranking it any more due to bending a rod. Like I said hard start up when it sets of around a hr. Kill it and fire it back up np. Won't notice a thing. Oh and nothing in the oil. I changed it last weekend and it's still as clear as when I put it in. I have only drove the truck 3 days since this happens. 1 the day it happened. 2 Friday to walmart and then sat to try and figure this out then parked it until I decide which route to head.

Steven052

Reaction score
No I'm positive it's collant. I park on a concrete garage and there isn't a drop. And iv always parked there I would notice a leak. And what about the suction? If there was that much suction I would see the leak I think. But at first I wanted to think injector but that can't be the case that smoke is deff burnt coolant.

Steven052

Reaction score
Well I could be wrong on that but I never noticed it having a suction on it b4. That could have nothing to do with it but when I take the cap off it has a pretty good suction on it that like I said I never noticed it. Assuming that the engine was causing a suction by pulling the coolant in and burning it?

sootie

Reaction score
if it was leaking into the cylinder, you would be blowing the top off your degas bottle. cylinder pressure is in the thousands of psi.

6.7powerstrokeguy

Reaction score
my 2011 would suck in the top hose when it was cold and I would screw the cap off it would create a suction sound through the degas bottle.The upper hose would open up. So replaced the cap and it fixed the problem. I do not know if that one of the problem your having but I just thought I would throw that out their.

Steven052

Reaction score
Yea I was not thinking that at the time but that's why I'm here bc I cannot come up with a answer yet. . I still don't know why it just started burning coolant and white smoke At the same time. And I had a couple people look at the smoke when I cranked it and all the same said it's coolant not fuel. I mean it has that strong smell of coolant.

Last edited:

Steven052

Reaction score
So if I pull the turbo something should be noticible that it's leaking? I didn't know the turbo was cooled by the coolant. And thanks for all the help

Latest posts

Members online