Headers how I love thee

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So does this mean that my very old set of headers that have held up to god knows how much abuse is well worth the cost of a new set today? Mine have seen EGTs that would make most of you cringe (my gauges went to 2200* and it would reach that within 15 feet of leaving the line with the sled....). Mine have never warped and mine have never cracked. I wonder if its a difference in setup that made mine work..... I used a T4 mount that used solid up-pipes instead of having bellows - my back pressure was almost always in check with a maximum of 60psi with 50psi of boost (where I wanted it). But then again these are OLD.... I would have to look them up, but I probably bought them in very early 2007.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
So does this mean that my very old set of headers that have held up to god knows how much abuse is well worth the cost of a new set today? Mine have seen EGTs that would make most of you cringe (my gauges went to 2200* and it would reach that within 15 feet of leaving the line with the sled....). Mine have never warped and mine have never cracked. I wonder if its a difference in setup that made mine work..... I used a T4 mount that used solid up-pipes instead of having bellows - my back pressure was almost always in check with a maximum of 60psi with 50psi of boost (where I wanted it). But then again these are OLD.... I would have to look them up, but I probably bought them in very early 2007.

I think it has alot to do with the way the up pipe/turbo mount is setup. Brent has a set with well over 40,000 miles, Amanda's truck is still on her original(50,000 +) set and I have quite a few here in town with high mileage trucks with no problems.

In Steve's case though that is not the issue, I have not personally seen them but I would bet money it is a lack of penetration on the weld part not a filler material problem.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score

i know my drives were up there some but i will also say the ones for a sd look like they would hold up better the way the primarys tie together and such.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.