Headers or Not ???

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Im at the stage now where Im ready to pull my engine for the swap. Now , I have spent way more on this engine build than I anticipated and headers are going to cost me around 2K over here. I was going to take my truck down to the shop with the new engine in the back to get the headers made up. Im really undecided on the whole headers thing. I have heard that Matt has got good numbers with the port work, cam and headers and Im willing to spend the coin if thats the case. Just like to hear from you guys on the matter. Do I or dont I. ??

Engine spec

Forged rods
Mahle pistons
250/100 sticks
Comp 910's
Matts Stage I
Port work
Balanced
38R
Terminator modded HPOP
Matts tunes
JW trans
and all the other stuff
Would be happy with 500hp

OSCS

Reaction score
$2000? I say save your money. If your going to be happy with only 500rwhp like you say than you'll be fine. Those mods you have should put you well over 500rwhp.

Last edited:

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
if you want them get them....i love mine...itll be much easier to do with the block out of the truck than while its in the truck...while the money would be better spent elsewhere the sound they make is pretty tough....i say get 'em if you want 'em...

907DAVE

Reaction score
I would wait to see what Steed comes out with. Rumor was they are 6 months out.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Dunno. I am sure the pricing will be comparable with the 6.4 set.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Your fence post driver avy just made me :puke:

Sorry man, carry on.

lol

I would wait to see what Steed comes out with. Rumor was they are 6 months out.

Might be the same problem with the fit, like the DI headers. We have the steering column on the right hand side that runs real close to the OEM manifold.

if you want them get them....i love mine...itll be much easier to do with the block out of the truck than while its in the truck...while the money would be better spent elsewhere the sound they make is pretty tough....i say get 'em if you want 'em...

yep, thats the thing. I would save some coin by doing it now. Alot easier to make while the engine is out

And although they do sound sweeeet. Im after the performance factor. ie , back pressure, turbine drive, EGT's

Latest posts

Members online