Headers or Not ???

Copracr

Reaction score
No, I've seen a hundred tape measures and I know that 10 and 20 are almost a foot apart. That one must be broke

:thumbup:

Strokersace

Reaction score
Do you think if the headers were wrapped, they'd crack as much? Just a thought since it seems like a common problem.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you think if the headers were wrapped, they'd crack as much? Just a thought since it seems like a common problem.

I think they would crack Quicker.... The wrap would hold the heat right there on them.....

A good ceramic job that coats the inside of the pipe would do the best.... It would keep the heat from getting to the metel as quick... IMHO That is

Strokersace

Reaction score
Why Has hrt or david not posted yet.....

Kinda surprised too. I'd like to someday splurge on a set of headers just because. But won't unless the cracking issue that slot have is non existent. So I'd there's s secret, like ceramic coating, wrapping, etc, is like to know!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Why Has hrt or david not posted yet.....

I can't post in every thread! LOL I might become considered a post whore then....

I had great luck with my ceramic coated DI headers - I ran them VERY hot every weekend pulling in the summer for two years. No cracks. In fact they are going on another truck right now and I expect them to hold up just fine. Spool up was awesome - but I also changed many features to help spool up, not just the headers. I could spool an S475/83 turbo to 20psi just by revving the motor with the manual transmission in neutral. I ran it to 2200+*F EGTs many many times.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I can't post in every thread! LOL I might become considered a post whore then....

I had great luck with my ceramic coated DI headers - I ran them VERY hot every weekend pulling in the summer for two years. No cracks. In fact they are going on another truck right now and I expect them to hold up just fine. Spool up was awesome - but I also changed many features to help spool up, not just the headers. I could spool an S475/83 turbo to 20psi just by revving the motor with the manual transmission in neutral. I ran it to 2200+*F EGTs many many times.

Head work? Also what bout wrapping them besides coating them, or both?

Copracr

Reaction score
30 mm.. (1 inch is 25.4mm) so the clearance between the manifold and steering rod is a little over an inch

Yea, i'm just teasing. I'm not sure why we dont use the metric system here, we're just stubborn I guess. It just caught me by surprise cause I never saw a metric tape measure before.

Latest posts

Members online