Help help help codes no power please

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well it's going back to shop when I get to Pecos. They know and agreed to fix it before I left. I know I'm going to hear some preaching about should have left it from beginning. Hindsight is 20/20

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well truck ran better with Mini maxx installed. But still wasn't building but 30lbs of boost Night and day difference though. Having to reinstall my SCT and will have to go from there.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I need a big backhoe do dig a huge hole, bury my truck and report it stolen. Anyone have one I can borrow. Jk

Think we have it narrowed down to a tuning issue. Will not know for sure until I talk to Matt about what's going on.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Ok. Spoke to Matt. Seems the reason Mini maxx ran better is bc of how his tuning controls the smoke map or something. Basically all the mini maxx did was cover up the prob. Thus why I still only seen about 33 pounds of boost. Matt seems to think its a HP turbo issue. Guess I'll be taking it off soon and seeing if the vanes in the VGT are ok. IDS showed every parameter in acceptable ranges

TD-5

Reaction score
Fass right? Stock is only about 2.5psi. If you're seeing full rail pressure up to 25k full throttle its not a lift pump issue.

:whs: Fass will deliver 8-10 psi to upper filter housing, regulator in housing will deliver 2.5 to 3.5 psi to HPFP, internal transfer pump in HPFP bumps up supply to VCV & uses some fuel to lube pump, lube fuel returns thru cooler along with unused fuel from PCV & fuel rails. Measured return pressure at outlet from fuel cooler will be 3-8 psi.

If you don't have a restriction in the intake then either the tuning isn't kicking in the VGT or there is something wrong with the HP VGT. Your truck seems like it is running on the LP atmo turbo only.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
:whs: Fass will deliver 8-10 psi to upper filter housing, regulator in housing will deliver 2.5 to 3.5 psi to HPFP, internal transfer pump in HPFP bumps up supply to VCV & uses some fuel to lube pump, lube fuel returns thru cooler along with unused fuel from PCV & fuel rails. Measured return pressure at outlet from fuel cooler will be 3-8 psi.

If you don't have a restriction in the intake then either the tuning isn't kicking in the VGT or there is something wrong with the HP VGT. Your truck seems like it is running on the LP atmo turbo only.

That's excatly how it feels. Like it's running off the LP. The FASS we measured directly at the pumps fitting for a gauge where FASS technical service told us and we only saw 5 lbs after we stretched the spring. New spring will be here Saturday and changed out

TXlineman83

Reaction score

That's excatly how it feels. Like it's running off the LP. The FASS we measured directly at the pumps fitting for a gauge where FASS technical service told us and we only saw 5 lbs after we stretched the spring. New spring will be here Saturday and changed out

It builds boost further into the rpms and nothing lower. Max boost around 33 lbs. should see 55 or so. No leaks. No codes.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Why dont you just take it back to the shop that did all the work?????

If I owned the shop, knowing you did all this on your own AFTER I said I would sort it out for you. I would tell you to pound sand if you brought it back. Its much easier for them to diagnose it if nothing has changed or modified after it left the shop.

Stop trying to be a hero. You are no further ahead then when you picked it up. Take it back and let them do their job.

Probably going to get flamed for this but when is enough enough? People with greater experience have tried to tell you the same thing and you refuse to listen, yet keep posting for help. All the help you need is back at the shop.

Latest posts

Members online