Help me fix my EGT issues

alradco

Reaction score
For comparison purposes here's a pic of mine running up a slight grade on the highway with a small trailer. Total combined weight about 16,000 lbs. I'm on 37's and stock gears.

iyzafl.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck doesnt have a lot of variables to sort through. Im the only owner and I know the truck as Ive put 275k miles on it. All im saying. I can telk when a gauge or sensor isnt quite right

n54power

Reaction score
What gauges are you running? Have you swapped out your sensor? With everything you've done a $60 sensor is a cheap option.I had a similar issue. A new properly positioned get lowered me to 600* at 70mph and no higher than 1200 merging full.throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
What gauges are you running? Have you swapped out your sensor? With everything you've done a $60 sensor is a cheap option.I had a similar issue. A new properly positioned get lowered me to 600* at 70mph and no higher than 1200 merging full.throttle

Who? Me?

Im running autometers still. Boost gauge is unhooked. Trans and pyro are hooked up but I only use the cts.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'd swap in a new egt sensor.

Boy, I wish people would read before they post. I swapped in two and immediately removed them each because my truck doesnt idle at 500+ degrees. Nobodies does. The third one seemed to work. Here about a year later, back to high egt readings on the autometers.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Boy, I wish people would read before they post. I swapped in two and immediately removed them each because my truck doesnt idle at 500+ degrees. Nobodies does. The third one seemed to work. Here about a year later, back to high egt readings on the autometers.
thats just chit luck right there!
and quit being a jackass..

Jomax

Reaction score
For comparison purposes here's a pic of mine running up a slight grade on the highway with a small trailer. Total combined weight about 16,000 lbs. I'm on 37's and stock gears.

iyzafl.jpg

Damn, I'm running 800 degrees unloaded, A/C on max though with 100+degree weather in AZ. DP tuned, stock injectors with 280k, 38r. Tymar, etc. I have crappy aerodynamics though, 35s, 3.73s, and a winch bumper..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Haha, the ic is badass but don't overlook the trans temp thanks to the radiator.

Does the routing of the trans fluid go from the trans to the external cooler then through the internal radiator cooler? My 00 does NOT have that. I want to add that into my truck and the radiator is a key ingredient, lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
Damn, I'm running 800 degrees unloaded, A/C on max though with 100+degree weather in AZ. DP tuned, stock injectors with 280k, 38r. Tymar, etc. I have crappy aerodynamics though, 35s, 3.73s, and a winch bumper..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Im not sure if you overlooked it or whatever but Peters truck is rockin a 6ish inch lift and 37s as well. So he is pretty high on the drag coefficient side of things.

alradco

Reaction score
Does the routing of the trans fluid go from the trans to the external cooler then through the internal radiator cooler? My 00 does NOT have that. I want to add that into my truck and the radiator is a key ingredient, lol

No it goes to the radiator first then to the external. Previously I had just a large external and was fighting trans temps regularly. The external trans cooler would be so hot that you couldn't touch it. Now I can put my hand on the external trans cooler even after driving for hours.

Im not sure if you overlooked it or whatever but Peters truck is rockin a 6ish inch lift and 37s as well. So he is pretty high on the drag coefficient side of things.

Aerodynamics aren't exactly my strong point :D

34sgggl.jpg

This one below if from today going over about a 10-12% grade. Just pulling a small utility trailer. Going the speed limit which is 55mph.

2isbfbk.jpg

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Haha, the ic is badass but don't overlook the trans temp thanks to the radiator.

Yea I saw that too. I have a 6.0 trans cooler and switched over to SD trans cooler lines (5/16 vs 3/8) and I have similiar trans temps. The 6.0 cooler has 1/2" inlet/outlets.

DSC_0010_zps093a9ec9.jpg

Nothing against your rad, just not a fan of trans coolers inside a rad. Whenever a trans pukes, the trans coolers should be replaced which means the rad has to be replaced or cut open. I don't buy that they can get flushed out either.

Billy T.
[email protected]

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea I saw that too. I have a 6.0 trans cooler and switched over to SD trans cooler lines (5/16 vs 3/8) and I have similiar trans temps. The 6.0 cooler has 1/2" inlet/outlets.

DSC_0010_zps093a9ec9.jpg

Nothing against your rad, just not a fan of trans coolers inside a rad. Whenever a trans pukes, the trans coolers should be replaced which means the rad has to be replaced or cut open. I don't buy that they can get flushed out either.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Dont picture a cooler built for air to liquid and your mind should be at ease. Peter would have to confirm but the radiator cooler could be more appropriately described as a coil.

Latest posts

Members online