hpops

Talyn

Reaction score
You know this to be the case? So Gary designed this pump and never sent out any test pumps to testers before opening up public sales of the pump? If you would, please post up some data/info to back up this claim, as I have serious trouble believing that would ever be the case not only with Gary but with any of the current pump builders, Joey, Bob, Swamps, BTS.

No matter what kind of field testing is done prior there is always a very good chance when production is put into full capacity issues will arise and updates/upgrades will need to be made. But that is night and day difference to beta testing a unproven product on your retail customer base.

I see the T500 being recommended as well. Has it actually been tested and run with 200% nozzle injectors? If so what were the ICP numbers at full throttle and at what PW? I looked and only threads I could find but it was a quick search were with stock or smaller injectors. I have seen where Joey has recommended it for Stage I and II small hybrids up to 100% which is basically what the ADs range is.

IMO the adrenaline does not carry enough volume on average to guarantee full support of anything 200% or larger. As far as I can tell from the thread I have read on the T500 its more like a AD than a SPR1 when it comes to flow and volume. Now from what I can see of what Joey has posted on things being tested the pump he had been working on labeled the T1000 seems like it is suppose to compete in the same performance range as the SPR1.

Unless something has changed with any of this to me there is only one choice of the ones built off a stock HPOP case that will guarantee full support of a 200% nozzle injector from actual numerous customer field testings and that the SPR1. In fact I believe its even supplying oil for a well modified set of 400% supplying fuel for a compound setup.

Now if you do not mind spending more money and going to duals there are then more options that will also supply more than enough oil for a set of 200% and larger injectors. Gen3, dual terms, BTS dual, Stage II Stealth, old duals

If you read my post, you can see that I started the sentence with "i think."

My personal opinion might not be what is actually correct, because yes, Gary did test the pumps.
If he released it as a beta, It would be different, but its released as a finished product. I'd not expect to see the failures people are encountering.

You can compare the ADR to the T-500 all you want. Of course the t-500 is not going to flow like the stealth. The stealth is a bored out and stroked up pump. The T-500 is a stock hpop.

The T-500 even being made with used parts carries a 2 year warranty from joey.

Just remember, the quality of the T-500 and the ADR are based solely upon the donor pump or parts.
if you send joey an old worn out 15, and expect a pump to flow like new, your just out of your mind.
If you want a new flowing pump, buy one of joeys new bosh pumps which he mods just like the other t-500's.

And finally.
There is no replacement for big oil.
If you want power, a single is NOT going to do it.
I've heard lots of guys say hybrid this and hybrid that.

Hybrids can even benefit from the flow and constant pressure of the twins.

All about volume.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

My personal opinion might not be what is actually correct, because yes, Gary did test the pumps.
If he released it as a beta, It would be different, but its released as a finished product. I'd not expect to see the failures people are encountering.

You can compare the ADR to the T-500 all you want. Of course the t-500 is not going to flow like the stealth. The stealth is a bored out and stroked up pump. The T-500 is a stock hpop.

Just remember, the quality of the T-500 and the ADR are based solely upon the donor pump or parts.
if you send joey an old worn out 15, and expect a pump to flow like new, your just out of your mind.
If you want a new flowing pump, buy one of joeys new bosh pumps which he mods just like the other t-500's.

And finally.

All about volume.

I would hope that the quality of Joeys pumps isn't based on donor pumps. He she be able to replace anything in a "worn out 15* hpop" so that it flows the same as every other t500 flows when its done.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
FYI to clear up the last few posts...

The t-500 is far from a stock pump.. I would beg to bet that the internals have been modified just as much as most of the "other" stock replacement units...and probably flows just as much if not more than most.... the old modded 17* was stock internals....

the t-1000 is a step above the 500 with a few more items replaced... hence the reason it is still in testing, and already on its 3rd revision in 3 years of working on it...but the new one seems to be done, performing well, and I am sure will be available soon... aprox 40k miles between the beta pumps, seems a go.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Tarm, maybe I read your post wrong but the
SRP1 as been tested with 300/200% 647HP 2980 psi @35%, you don't think thats Big oil??

twins..old school with inherent problems..IMO best left in the past.

Talyn

Reaction score
I would hope that the quality of Joeys pumps isn't based on donor pumps. He she be able to replace anything in a "worn out 15* hpop" so that it flows the same as every other t500 flows when its done.

15's rarely wear out as it is, but it's not a pump overhaul. How do you expect him to turn a garbage pump into a new pump again without replacing internals?

FYI to clear up the last few posts...

The t-500 is far from a stock pump.. I would beg to bet that the internals have been modified just as much as most of the "other" stock replacement units...and probably flows just as much if not more than most.... the old modded 17* was stock internals....

Untrue.
Stock internals.

SRP1 as been tested with 300/200% 647HP 2980 psi @35%, you don't think thats Big oil??

3000psi at 35% on big injectors.
I'd have to see a data log to believe that.

Volume is what big oil is.

Were comparing apples to oranges though.

Talyn

Reaction score
um untrue...bro you should really research who your talking to bud... I know more about these things than you will ever know....

You said you "beg to bet" that the internals are highly modified like the other pumps.

So, your really guessing, aren't you?

Otherwise you would have made a more definitive statement towards the topic saying you factually know the modifications to the pump. Instead of using words that suggest you are guessing.

If your going to make a statement based upon facts, use the words to describe that, instead of words to say you are just guessing at the wind.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Bean did the testing on 300/200% 647HP 2980 psi @35%
Don't think he fudged anything..ask him to post the data log if you want..

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
15's rarely wear out as it is, but it's not a pump overhaul. How do you expect him to turn a garbage pump into a new pump again without replacing internals?

So what are you paying for when you get a t500 if he's not replacing worn out internals from a used doner pump, a good thorough cleaning and maybe a paint job?

TARM

Reaction score

I think you read it wrong or you did not mean me but maybe Tarlyn? I stated it not only had been tested by numerous 200% injectors users but also at least one setup of fast 400% injectors and held whatever pressure was asked of it.

Posted by: Talyn

Now you are just playing semantics with words. First off your comment was as posted here:

Posted by Talyn:

Around 10 failures by my count.

I think this is mostly due to using the consumers as testers instead of testing first before releasing.

The design seems sound.
But I would have stuck with 17° swash plate instead of 18.

Volume is king on power.
That's the point of duals.

t-500 at $349 a pump is hard to pass up.

By using the "I think" as you have done in your sentence that makes it in reference to the claim of "10 failures" you make, not the statement you make about his not testing prior to release. The word "This" in that sentence is referring to the above claim of 10 failures. The rest of the statements in that sentence is being clearly stated as fact.

Regardless of any of that or what your true intent was or wasn't where do you see that I made any comment to your level of certitude you based your comments on? I merely only asked questions in relation to your comments and asked you please to support it with some facts or info of any kind that could support it in any way. Please read what I wrote carefully.

OK so lets start over. You are now stating you "THINK" he did not test these prior and it is also your personal opinion that he used his consumers for the testing? I will be more than happy to rephase my question to you based on this:

Would you please post up some info to support your position that its is of your personal opinion that Gary did not beta test his SPR1 Stealth pump with testers or beta models prior to public sales but actually used his retail customers as the test base?

Maybe others are different but I formulate and base my opinions on things personal or otherwise by looking up info or by what I am told by trusted sources or experience first hand. Further more if I ever state post or publicly proclaim something I know to be inflammatory or that could hurt either a persons reputation or/and especially if it was someones way of making a living I make very sure of my facts. Maybe others have a magic eight ball they use to make decisions I do not know. :confused:

Once again you seem to be missing the point. I clearly stated the point of addressing the T500 was the fact it had been recommended not only by you but by at least one other person in here to the OP of this thread as a good choice for him to purchase. Because of this I addressed the flow rates of the pump. The OP clearly states in his opening post the following:

I'm going to be running swamps 250/200s and I don't know what hpop to run either the stealth srp1 or the adrenaline pump.. I have heard good and bad about both and they r about the same cost.. can ne one help?

Then this was followed by posts recommending the T500:

I would check out the Terminator T500! I just got mine and im super impressed.

t-500 at $349 a pump is hard to pass up.

Because he is looking for a HPOP that can fully support a 200% injector I felt it might be a good idea to point out what pumps could and could not support those level of injector or that could do so consistently. I am not sure what the point of the rest of your post is about other than trying to point out all the great qualities of the T500 (which I am not debating) in a thread to a person that is using a set of injectors that pump will not fully support.

And finally.

All about volume.

As for your last few comments starting with "And finally."
at the end of this I will leave alone as I do not way to detract from what was the original issues.

The fact is, as I said before, of the choices the OP presented and even if you include the T500 the only pump that will fully support his 250/200% currently is the Stealth SRP1. The AD nor even the mighty T500 that can turn shattered PMRs into Crowers, gpt38 into Bell Compounds, ATS into a BTS, cure all sorts of terminal diseases with just a mere touch, h3ll make the world spin backwards, still can not will not fully support 200% injectors. :morons::doh:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if you call tarm out, you better make sure you have all your ducks in a row, dot your I's and cross your T's, and pay someone to fact check your statement,

cuz when that man goes on a internet search to find info, or calls various places to check his info, you will lose. end of story. he posts correct info, based on solid fact. he rarely posts opinions unless expressly stated that they are a opinion.

you called him out and lost.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Got my t500 in the other day. Fixed my hard start hot and the truck pulls twice as hard. Need to hook it back up to the snapon and get some numbers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.