Industrial compounds?

jdgleason

Reaction score
i keep hearing about them but nothing has actually come of it

His old stage one turbos are on heavyhauls truck

That dude was pretty proud of those damn things... proud enough he went as far as to say the precisions were junk. And he said they were building him a bigger set.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
the 6.7 doesnt have remotely close to the fuel of a 6.4 . the cp4.2 will only fuel up to 500 before losing rail pressure.

False. The 6.7 have plenty of fuel. It will just take some More time. They will come around. They have LOTS of potential.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
False. The 6.7 have plenty of fuel. It will just take some More time. They will come around. They have LOTS of potential.

Ok. Show me at what power level the pump falls on it's face? Here's a clue, it's under 500 horse or 200cc per cylinder. It's a known fact that cp pump doesn't move the fuel. Tue dodge guys have had it for a couple years now. The siemens pump ***king owns that pile, period.

JDub

Reaction score
I got to see the setup in person this weekend. Stock turbocharger in the valley, S474 for a low pressure. Said it's fun as hell on the street and egt's are a non-issue. Mentioned they may externally gate the stock turbo, as drive pressures are a bit scary.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Ok. Show me at what power level the pump falls on it's face? Here's a clue, it's under 500 horse or 200cc per cylinder. It's a known fact that cp pump doesn't move the fuel. Tue dodge guys have had it for a couple years now. The siemens pump ***king owns that pile, period.

No one knows exactly what they will do yet. Everyone is jumping to conclusions on these trucks. I think they will be right with the 6.4 if not ahead tune for tune. It took a couple years for the 6.4 to get pushing big power on a tune. Give them some time.

patrickke

Reaction score
Like Jansen said its a fresh platform and only time will tell what they are capable of...I/e the 6.4s did not make too large of #'s in their infancy

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No one is saying they won't make power. I'm telling you the pump cannot physically move the fuel required to make power on a tune. Possibly in time the tuners will find ways to massage the pump and get more out of it, but I KNOW this pump is out of fuel. It's a mechanical issue, not some fairy tale that one day it's gonna magically make as much power, because it can't physically do that.

While we're on the subject, how much power do you guys think the stock turbo has? The current turbo couldn't come close to the twins on a 6.4. At 35psi of boost, (490hp) it is way out of it's map. So please someone explain to me how a 6.7 will ever keep up with a 6.4 tune only. I got news for you, and it's not good, it WILL NOT happen. If it did, I would have bought a 6.7 by now. Why do you think industrial is building a turbo kit already? The pump is the next mod, guaranteed. Mark my words.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
No one is saying they won't make power. I'm telling you the pump cannot physically move the fuel required to make power on a tune. Possibly in time the tuners will find ways to massage the pump and get more out of it, but I KNOW this pump is out of fuel. It's a mechanical issue, not some fairy tale that one day it's gonna magically make as much power, because it can't physically do that.

While we're on the subject, how much power do you guys think the stock turbo has? The current turbo couldn't come close to the twins on a 6.4. At 35psi of boost, (490hp) it is way out of it's map. So please someone explain to me how a 6.7 will ever keep up with a 6.4 tune only. I got news for you, and it's not good, it WILL NOT happen. If it did, I would have bought a 6.7 by now. Why do you think industrial is building a turbo kit already? The pump is the next mod, guaranteed. Mark my words.

Ok your right... Time will tell.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Petty much :whs:

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I got to see the setup in person this weekend. Stock turbocharger in the valley, S474 for a low pressure. Said it's fun as hell on the street and egt's are a non-issue. Mentioned they may externally gate the stock turbo, as drive pressures are a bit scary.

Where did you see it at Jacob? I want to check it out! Do you know if it will be at the pulls in AF?

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
That dude was pretty proud of those damn things... proud enough he went as far as to say the precisions were junk. And he said they were building him a bigger set.

Thats cuz this "dude" knows better. Time will tell tho. My truck will be back on the road mid-end of next week. Ill let you wonder what it has for turbos.

I drove the truck monday and its nasty to give a comparison its every bit as strong as a 6.4 with a 310 tune. Also II's dyno reads low, my truck with the 310 made 510 on theirs and 590 on a superflow. The turbo sounds awesome and down the road when theres more fuel its easy to change out the LP turbo for something bigger. All in All I give it a thumbs way way up.

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Thats cuz this "dude" knows better. Time will tell tho. My truck will be back on the road mid-end of next week. Ill let you wonder what it has for turbos.

I drove the truck monday and its nasty to give a comparison its every bit as strong as a 6.4 with a 310 tune. Also II's dyno reads low, my truck with the 310 made 510 on theirs and 590 on a superflow. The turbo sounds awesome and down the road when theres more fuel its easy to change out the LP turbo for something bigger. All in All I give it a thumbs way way up.

Easy tiger wasn't bashin ya. I just havent seen any proof that industrial can build a better turbo... and precision has a reputation that speaks for itself.

JDub

Reaction score
Also II's dyno reads low, my truck with the 310 made 510 on theirs and 590 on a superflow.

That's good news for me cause I made 938hp there :D

Ass for these twins, they had their work cut out for them and they got it all to fit. I would bet the drive pressures are horrendous though, they mentioned trying to get an external gate in their, but even they wondered where/how...