Injector Options

Dirt devil

Reaction score
Start up this morning was fast with temps in the teens. Once I got to work I did a contribution test and 1+8 failed. From what I have read this is coming. How valid is this test?

psduser1

Reaction score
I usually load the truck with a heavily loaded trailer, takes a couple runs, the air is gone.

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm more of the mindset who doesn't need tunes? :D

There is a difference between cheap tunes and good tunes. Not saying they're mutually exclusive, but not all 'tuners' are created equal. Some people have never met good tuning and just don't know any better (not saying this towards you). :shrug: Then there are others that just have a warped sense of how they want their truck to behave. Friend of mine does his own tuning, I can't stand how touchy his pedal is and his shift points, it's all wrong for me. Just have to find what works for you.
I've found that live tuning is essential and being able to accurately describe issues and inform the tuner of what you want/expect is essential to the tuner giving what you want. Patience is essential to all of the above.

What's the world record for using "essential" in one post? :)

TyCorr

Reaction score
Dirt Devil you made a good decision. I'm running the same injectors and they are the best i have ran. Smooth and quiet. Im runnig Jodys tunes for DP and he has tuned this injector alot and it runs very well. Runs just as good if not better then my 250/100's from a different injector builder.

This^ I tried to explain this one other time. My 175s had 80 and 100% nozzles on them. They ran good! Very good. I didnt have them running wide effin open. Tuned to run SQUEAKY clean. Going to 250/200 from one builder was a fairly big upgrade. The power was very different. Going from those 250/2 to 250/2 from pis, the power, same tuning completely, is comparable to the difference in those 175/100& 250/200...SAME SIZE injector...noticeable difference. Power, idle, sound, all vastly improved. They are fairly quiet.

mandkole

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to make some changes to the injector program...not in the cards right now.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
This^ I tried to explain this one other time. My 175s had 80 and 100% nozzles on them. They ran good! Very good. I didnt have them running wide effin open. Tuned to run SQUEAKY clean. Going to 250/200 from one builder was a fairly big upgrade. The power was very different. Going from those 250/2 to 250/2 from pis, the power, same tuning completely, is comparable to the difference in those 175/100& 250/200...SAME SIZE injector...noticeable difference. Power, idle, sound, all vastly improved. They are fairly quiet.

You don't know what you are talking about. Didn't you know nothing is special about your injectors. All injectors are the same. :blah::poke:

DocBar

Reaction score
On generic tunes or lives tunes?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Bills tuning. Same stuff I always wind up running. Its tuning that made some great numbers that is changed to my liking. I NEED live tuning but mine is how I want it so.....no hurry...

Dirt devil

Reaction score
I've been talking with Matt and I've got a couple issues first the HPOP leaks have a new one in route. And #8 injector has a 3+ rotational velocity. I'm going to pull #8 tonight and check it out. Also do a compression test. Anything else to look for?

Thanks Dave.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I've been talking with Matt and I've got a couple issues first the HPOP leaks have a new one in route. And #8 injector has a 3+ rotational velocity. I'm going to pull #8 tonight and check it out. Also do a compression test. Anything else to look for?

Thanks Dave.

Dave it is typical for #8 to have higher reading than the others. But if you are pulling it swap it to another cylinder and retest for peace of mind.

If by chance you do have an issue give us a call.

TyCorr

Reaction score
On generic tunes or lives tunes?

In addition to previous post, #49, it isnt urgent because I cant drive right now. LOL And the truck ate the trans again LOL ...need another twisted but that isnt in the cards at the moment.

DocBar

Reaction score

Thanks Dave.
After I get my compounds done, I'm going to have the truck shipped to Bill for some live tuning. I'll be running the Hydra, so I want to run several different tuner's programs and see what's what.

I'm thinking of dabbling in doing my own tuning once all the bugs are worked out. Luckily, I'll be in a position to let the truck stay at the shop doing the work for as long as it needs to be there, so it should be running like a spotted ass ape when I get it back. Then I can think about tinkering.

I'm actually planning to do a lot the old truck this year. Compounds, 3" lift, new paint job, redoing the upholstery and going all Recon on the lights. And new rims.

EDIT: Just noticed I quoted the wrong person...That was for Tycor

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Why havent you built compounds? You could have been rain man and learned to weld, fabricate, and install by now. :shrug:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Put the chargers down underneath. Turn the manifolds backward. Pipe everything underneath.

Jomax

Reaction score
Buy the compound set up in the classifieds...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. With the amount of time and $$ he has spent he could have slowly assembled a setup. Thars all I was saying.

Just in fun.

DocBar

Reaction score
Why havent you built compounds? You could have been rain man and learned to weld, fabricate, and install by now. :shrug:
I work on the road and I'm either in a hotel or my 5th wheel, so I don't have the luxury of having all of the tools I need, a suitable place to do any serious wrenching or the time.

I like having things done right and under those circumstances, it's way to easy to take short cuts. Besides, the hotel/RV park owners get upset when you do repairs in their parking lot. LOL :D

DocBar

Reaction score
Yea. With the amount of time and $$ he has spent he could have slowly assembled a setup. Thars all I was saying.

Just in fun.
I've got just about everything I need. I was only waiting on the atmo turbo from Pius. I've decided to go another route, so that's not an issue anymore.

Hopefully by late Spring or early summer, it'll be done.

Latest posts

Members online