Injector Options

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know. I said about a month after your thread "he'll never get his compounds from Pius".

Ive been around brother, I knew a crucial piece would go undelivered. I know people will say "pius is the man, you just gotta be on his schedule".

Im sorry, I live in the real world and that type of attitude doesnt prevail. You should have gotten your parts or $$ back after six months of no progress. Sucks for you.

Im glad you are moving ahead. Even if pius is the best builder in the world you could have CALLED Garrett and had them tell you what two R code chargers to use and you would be getting ridiculous performance with bb chargers. Not "gizmoey wizardey secret squirrel shti" that works perfectly in one specific space in time.

Whether its pocket knives, guns, or the kitchen blender I prefer room on both sides of where I use something. So it'll do something less or more, if needed.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Put the chargers down underneath. Turn the manifolds backward. Pipe everything underneath.

Is this a novel idea, or has it been done before? I assume it has because these things have been around a long time and someone has bound to have thought that up. Just can't find an example of reversed manifold compound setup on the 7.3 using Google image. I may not be using the correct search terms though.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've never seen or heard of it..it seemed the best to me. Nobody has ever acknowledge it before when I said it. Charles said he though of doing it once too.

I'll get a spare motor one of these days and give it a whirl. Unfortunately I want to do them with some a codes with 80 over edm nozzles and tune it to a whopping 400-425 hp

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get a cclb platinum in ruby red so it may fall off the list lol

ja_cain

Reaction score
You and I think alike. I would love to do a compound setup in that range. That way you can flog it and not have to worry so much about something breaking but it should be responsive as hell with the right setup. The powerband would be much broader than the smaller more responsive chargers that seem to fall off on the top end. Everyone talks about peak horsepower around here but that doesn't mean anything to me. I want something that gives a nice linear feel as it builds rpm. Its so much easier to use and predictable. Like the difference between a 2 stroke and 4 stroke motocross bike.

Btw, good luck on scoring the new truck. I hope it works out for you.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, we'll see. I made an offer. They got kinda salty with it. Until they realized I didn't care if they liked it. I laughed when the guy even mentioned 68. I said you're ten high to start with plus delusional. Cclb. No more 6.5' beds.

TyCorr

Reaction score
ja_cain said:
You and I think alike. I would love to do a compound setup in that range. That way you can flog it and not have to worry so much about something breaking but it should be responsive as hell with the right setup. The powerband would be much broader than the smaller more responsive chargers that seem to fall off on the top end. Everyone talks about peak horsepower around here but that doesn't mean anything to me. I want something that gives a nice linear feel as it builds rpm. Its so much easier to use and predictable. Like the difference between a 2 stroke and 4 stroke motocross bike.

Btw, good luck on scoring the new truck. I hope it works out for you.

Yea, but that's more Internet sensationslism. My 38r does pretty darn good with those 250/2s. It can belch some black at wot in a race tune but that's to be expected with any charger and a 200% nozzle. Idk, it's a fun driving setup.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You don't know what you are talking about. Didn't you know nothing is special about your injectors. All injectors are the same. :blah::poke:
lmao! yeah, all injectors are equal tim. you should know that..
I'm hoping to get a cclb platinum in ruby red so it may fall off the list lol
WHAAAAAT?

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
I've got a lot of pipe dreams too man. It's hard being a fabricator for a living and not having the time to fabricate things for myself. I will do compounds on something one day. Just not sure what platform it would be. I would love to learn to tune myself and then I would be more inclined to run 200% nozzles for a dd/work truck. No good tuners that I'm aware of in Richmond.

I think Dave (golfer) is running 200/200's in his truck with a zf-6. Would love to get his files from him if I ever went that route. Would need to swap in his pcm though as mine is a newer one.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I did a lot more, a lot better before my neighbor hauled in truckloads of dirt while we were on vacation and a week after we returned home a heavy rain flooded my outbuilding.

My 95 eclipse was in there, my 69 bronco, and other things. Not to mention my wood/metal shop was in the other side. My insurance won't pay because they think the building is in a flood plain. So I have a good building that is full of mold and pretty useless. If I followed suit and graded mine to fix the issue, the south end of the building would be a foot underground.

I'm thinking about "having a lightning strike" in April when the neighbor is out of town. His grading to "transfer or create a flood condition" is specifically illegal in the building code but they aren't doing anything about it.

Latest posts

Members online