Injectors

dbunyip

Reaction score
So its time to add some power to my pig and when it comes to the injectors I'm so lost its not funny and search is leaving me with more questions than answers. My plan is T4 mount and a GTX4294r, shooting for 550hp. From the best I can gather a 250/200 is about what I'm needing... is this correct? Next is are all 250/200 injectors the same? Any recommended or better yet places to stay away from when injector shopping?

CSIFU

Reaction score
What is flow in cfm of that turbo and do you plan to do anything with the HPOP? I assume the injectors will be hybrids but still just wondering if you plan on doing anything with the HPOP at all and what the turbo numbers are?

David N

Reaction score
Call Ryan Casserly/Full Force Diesel. One of the better injector builders, with a great warranty and they will get you taken care of.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Negative. Plenty of trucks out there with stock forged rods over 500hp.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Plenty of 'em breaking too.

You'll likely gets lots of slightly different advice on your power goal. Be good to get a ride in a truck with the inj/hpop/turbo combo your after, that's tuned by the tuner your gonna use before you commit. I'd talk with your tuner and make a plan.

If you are located near a shop/tuner that could live tune your truck, that would be good thing too.

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
Are you needing to tow at all? If so how heavy? Do you need it to be clean enough that it doesn't leave soot on whatever you are pulling?

dbunyip

Reaction score
I'd love to ride in a truck that has a similar setup but I don't know of anyone with anything more than an edge box. I used to have a Dmax that put 493 to the ground and I was happy with that other than all the bad luck it had with trannys. Towing is not out of the question but would not be often and maybe 10k. I have not hit the scales since the truck was done but with my cab/stereo/suspension I'm defiantly heavier than a normal ccsb.

bruce

Reaction score
vanderchevy had 250/200, gtx4294, srp.1 and that was a strong runnin truck. do you have a built trans? might want to start there

dbunyip

Reaction score
Im a 6 speed, I'm in Modesto. Right now truck is stock other than afe and 4" exhaust. I have a fuelab and bowl del rr but not installed. I'm hoping that fixes my fuel pressure issue

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yep, I have about 80K on mine, pushing just over 500.

You think the motor is still good(whatever that means:D)? I'm debating whether I should rebuild my motor or just run the injectors until it blows?

Arisley

Reaction score
You think the motor is still good(whatever that means:D)? I'm debating whether I should rebuild my motor or just run the injectors until it blows?

Well, I have 323K on it now, it will still run in the 13's if I can get it to hook. I can still take a Corvette in the 1/8th, once again, if I can get it to hook.

Latest posts

Members online