Injectors

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have more experience on these things called "forums" for the past 12 years or so than you could possibly imagine ;)

My next bit of advice was the same as yours; a leak down test. There IS something going on with the charge air system. Leaks in the IC, inlet/outlet, boots, SOMETHING. that air is going somewhere besides the cylinders.

Info info info. Even if it seems stupid I'd rather see a bunch of stupid info than 1 important thing because the stupid info helps narrow things down a ton.

U wana fight?

Shove ur head up ur a$$ and fight for air

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

old man dave

Reaction score
DPTuner's next livetune at Terminatorengineering is Nov. 16-18. Should be several 500hp trucks showing up there in Modesto.

Check your PMs. See you there if you decide to show up.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yes, truck in profile pic is my truck and was at sema. Turbonetics sponsored my turbo and kit but its a turd with stock tuning and injectors. I need to go back over all of it but 3psi is all I can get out of it and egts top out in 800s. It's a forged motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've looked it over and can't find anything obvious wrong with it. I have new boots on the way for the stock ones the kit doesn't replace. It gets better after being heat soaked. I think it just doesn't have enough fuel to light it but can't find anyone who has tried to run this big of a turbo without tuning or injectors. Truck will be getting both just wasn't time before sema and its down right now with a blown power steering line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you know what turbo they sent you to put on with their kit? Any specs on it? I've ran a Super T72 T4 foot charger on these trucks before so I have a little experience with them..... I took it off my truck for just the opposite issues that you are experiencing.

It sounds like its staying nice and cool - so perhaps you aren't getting full fuel - the map sensor hook up has been mentioned - if it is hooked up I would get a scanner and see if its actually working.

Lots of good injector options out there - I do a lot of work with Full Force and Unlimited, but I wouldn't hesitate to use Swamps for sticks if the need arises.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You'll have to excuse my poor attempt at humor at assuming if somebody is being sponsored by Turbonetics that they'd know how to use the gear. Was a poor joke.

It seems that new information keeps coming out, so how can we help him if he doesn't tell us the whole story.

First off, I'm more willing to help someone who acts humble or respectful. Second of all, you skipped the whole phase of reading and listening first. You came out of nowhere and started trying to be the tough love critic when it's fairly apparent you don't know schit. If you really did you would have told him exactly what was wrong already but you don't so you're acting like he's the DA. It's ok to joke but if you aren't good at it, as you admitted, find a new way to get around. Last point, new information keeps surfacing as its recalled and learned, hence the term troubleshooting. This is how tech forums work little buddy.

To the OP, don't overlook the simplest things such as boots, worn clamps, or leaking uppipes. You have to be holding a massive boost leak. Start at your exhaust manifolds and work towards your turbo. Get a chunk of pvc from the hardware store and a Schrader valve and use compressed air to look for leaks. Some.soapy water would help. Hit up a member who is local and ask for help. I've helped several guys on the the forums. You won't find better knowledge than here, anywhere!

I'm pretty sure I have more experience on these things called "forums" for the past 12 years or so than you could possibly imagine ;)

My next bit of advice was the same as yours; a leak down test. There IS something going on with the charge air system. Leaks in the IC, inlet/outlet, boots, SOMETHING. that air is going somewhere besides the cylinders.

Info info info. Even if it seems stupid I'd rather see a bunch of stupid info than 1 important thing because the stupid info helps narrow things down a ton.

Could have fooled me...

U wana fight?

Shove ur head up ur a$$ and fight for air

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Umm... sure? Watch out... here comes my right jab!!!1111!11

Enough. No more. I have spoken.

jngreen

Reaction score
So, the truck is completely stock with an aftermarket turbo kit on it, with no tuning and stock injectors? If so, throw a chip on it and see what happens.

I bet with a big turbo and the stock programming, you won't see much boost. You guys forget what a stock 7.3 drives like.

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
3psi @ 800* isn't normal, even for a stock motor. But I agree, he needs good tuning and some good injectors.

and to do a complete leak down test of the IC system.

dbunyip

Reaction score
I stopped getting notifications on this and kinda forgot about it. I went over it all and found a couple loose connections and got it a bit better, back to almost stock boost levels 12psi@900°. I got a set of 250/200s that should be here tomorrow but need tuning for them, leaning towards dp on an f6.

Black 02

Reaction score
12 psi is still too low in my opinion. That's a wide open throttle?

Cruising down the highway you'll only get a couple PSI depending on gears and RPM's at that speed.

My S468 only made about 5 psi at 70 mph but 45 psi at WOT.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I stopped getting notifications on this and kinda forgot about it. I went over it all and found a couple loose connections and got it a bit better, back to almost stock boost levels 12psi@900°. I got a set of 250/200s that should be here tomorrow but need tuning for them, leaning towards dp on an f6.

Let me know if you have any questions about our products. I'll be glad to help you out.

bruce

Reaction score

Dependin on where you are you could get them live tuned

Black 02

Reaction score
On stock tuning?

12 psi is too low on stock tuning at wide open throttle.

I think you should be closer to the 20 psi mark. Not too far off.

Lots of things can be causing boost leaks.

Clamping down the intake y-pipe too hard on the tin intake runners and collapsing them and causing a leak is a common culprit.

dbunyip

Reaction score
I am definitely planning on having it live tuned. Really wish someone local carried dp I would pick it up today. None of my trucks has made more than 14psi on stock tuning and I figured a larger turbo would not have the fuel to spin it any better than stock pressures. It has billet intake manifolds so I dont think I chrushed them

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I am definitely planning on having it live tuned. Really wish someone local carried dp I would pick it up today. None of my trucks has made more than 14psi on stock tuning and I figured a larger turbo would not have the fuel to spin it any better than stock pressures. It has billet intake manifolds so I dont think I chrushed them

Where are you located? We always ship out by the next day during business days.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Central cali

Oh okay. I am in the same area. Our main office is in Georgia though and that is where everything ships out of. If you place an order today it will be shipped out on Monday. You should have it sometime next week.

SeeYa

Reaction score

If you decide on the F6 the beauty of it is if you need tweaks to the tunes for your mods Jody can email them to you without having to send your chip back or remove the chip from the PCM.

Jody usually plans once or twice a year live tuning in Modesto. When a live tuning trip is planned we will put it in our vendor section on all our advertised forums. If want to, bug TerminatorEngineering into having another one before November. :D

Thanks

Diane

Last edited:

dbunyip

Reaction score
So I borrowed a superchips flash tuner and that made a world of difference. Boost is around 25 but now that I've got a few miles on her its showing a small exhaust leak in the middle of one of the bellows on the up pipes. Will be addressing that first but my new injectors came in on Tuesday so will be needing tuning for them asap

xChrisHx

Reaction score
So I borrowed a superchips flash tuner and that made a world of difference. Boost is around 25 but now that I've got a few miles on her its showing a small exhaust leak in the middle of one of the bellows on the up pipes. Will be addressing that first but my new injectors came in on Tuesday so will be needing tuning for them asap

Who built your injectors? Did you decide on tunes yet? If it were me, I would grab an f5 from DP with a few tunes for now and just wait it out till the end of the year when he comes right to your town to live tune. I met Jody and got live tuned last November and he has my truck dialed. Plus you'll get to meet some great people!:rockon:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online