Injectors

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well, I have 323K on it now, it will still run in the 13's if I can get it to hook. I can still take a Corvette in the 1/8th, once again, if I can get it to hook.

I believe you. Mine seems to run great but I'm just on the fence about rebuilding or tossing a fuel.system, my 275s, and a srp1.1 in and jam out. I'll need air to.fully utilize the fuel but 500hp with the 38r would still be fun. I think I'm just gonna friggin go.for it. Studs and springs are cheap. You didn't always run 250/200s though. Didn't you rock out some 238/100s?

02pstroke

Reaction score
dbunyip is the truck in ur sig the one in question? I saw it at sema it is absolutely sick.

Arisley

Reaction score
I believe you. Mine seems to run great but I'm just on the fence about rebuilding or tossing a fuel.system, my 275s, and a srp1.1 in and jam out. I'll need air to.fully utilize the fuel but 500hp with the 38r would still be fun. I think I'm just gonna friggin go.for it. Studs and springs are cheap. You didn't always run 250/200s though. Didn't you rock out some 238/100s?

I thought they were, come to find out, they were 250/200's. Kinda explains why the H2E was a bit on the smokey side.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well, I have 323K on it now, it will still run in the 13's if I can get it to hook. I can still take a Corvette in the 1/8th, once again, if I can get it to hook.

What mods exactly? Very impressive.

Also, OP, what year truck? forged or pmr internals? PMR's will be crying for mercy, forged will be fine @ 500hp.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
What mods exactly? Very impressive.

Also, OP, what year truck? forged or pmr internals? PMR's will be crying for mercy, forged will be fine @ 500hp.

Regulated return, 250/200's, H2E, Adrenaline HPOP, good tunes, and of course a 2001 cup holder.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
LOL that damn 2001 cup holder!!

Sounds like a strong running truck though. Bet its a crazy puller.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Yes, truck in profile pic is my truck and was at sema. Turbonetics sponsored my turbo and kit but its a turd with stock tuning and injectors. I need to go back over all of it but 3psi is all I can get out of it and egts top out in 800s. It's a forged motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Arisley

Reaction score
You have other issues if all you can get is 3 PSI.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

dbunyip

Reaction score
I've looked it over and can't find anything obvious wrong with it. I have new boots on the way for the stock ones the kit doesn't replace. It gets better after being heat soaked. I think it just doesn't have enough fuel to light it but can't find anyone who has tried to run this big of a turbo without tuning or injectors. Truck will be getting both just wasn't time before sema and its down right now with a blown power steering line

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes, truck in profile pic is my truck and was at sema. Turbonetics sponsored my turbo and kit but its a turd with stock tuning and injectors. I need to go back over all of it but 3psi is all I can get out of it and egts top out in 800s. It's a forged motor.

wtf?

You have other issues if all you can get is 3 PSI.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

Ya, it sounds like Turbonetics found the wrong person to sponsor:poke:

TyCorr

Reaction score
wtf?

Ya, it sounds like Turbonetics found the wrong person to sponsor:poke:

Don't be an ignorant asshloe. He is here looking for help. Just like you are in that injector thread where nobody is addressing you like you apparently think you can in here. Have a modicum of respect. Would you care to be called an idiot for obsessing over what size nozzle to put on a set of training bra 160 cc injectors? Yea, that's how ridiculous it looks from where I'm standing. Keep the name calling to P&R or awol.

You reap what you sow around here.

Arisley

Reaction score
Thanks Ty.

OP, have you pressure tested the system for leaks? Bet you find some. How are your up pipes, do you see any soot on the firewall?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Don't be an ignorant asshloe. He is here looking for help. Just like you are in that injector thread where nobody is addressing you like you apparently think you can in here. Have a modicum of respect. Would you care to be called an idiot for obsessing over what size nozzle to put on a set of training bra 160 cc injectors? Yea, that's how ridiculous it looks from where I'm standing. Keep the name calling to P&R or awol.

You reap what you sow around here.

You'll have to excuse my poor attempt at humor at assuming if somebody is being sponsored by Turbonetics that they'd know how to use the gear. Was a poor joke.

It seems that new information keeps coming out, so how can we help him if he doesn't tell us the whole story.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You'll have to excuse my poor attempt at humor at assuming if somebody is being sponsored by Turbonetics that they'd know how to use the gear. Was a poor joke.

It seems that new information keeps coming out, so how can we help him if he doesn't tell us the whole story.

First off, I'm more willing to help someone who acts humble or respectful. Second of all, you skipped the whole phase of reading and listening first. You came out of nowhere and started trying to be the tough love critic when it's fairly apparent you don't know schit. If you really did you would have told him exactly what was wrong already but you don't so you're acting like he's the DA. It's ok to joke but if you aren't good at it, as you admitted, find a new way to get around. Last point, new information keeps surfacing as its recalled and learned, hence the term troubleshooting. This is how tech forums work little buddy.

To the OP, don't overlook the simplest things such as boots, worn clamps, or leaking uppipes. You have to be holding a massive boost leak. Start at your exhaust manifolds and work towards your turbo. Get a chunk of pvc from the hardware store and a Schrader valve and use compressed air to look for leaks. Some.soapy water would help. Hit up a member who is local and ask for help. I've helped several guys on the the forums. You won't find better knowledge than here, anywhere!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
First off, I'm more willing to help someone who acts humble or respectful. Second of all, you skipped the whole phase of reading and listening first. You came out of nowhere and started trying to be the tough love critic when it's fairly apparent you don't know schit. If you really did you would have told him exactly what was wrong already but you don't so you're acting like he's the DA. It's ok to joke but if you aren't good at it, as you admitted, find a new way to get around. Last point, new information keeps surfacing as its recalled and learned, hence the term troubleshooting. This is how tech forums work little buddy.

To the OP, don't overlook the simplest things such as boots, worn clamps, or leaking uppipes. You have to be holding a massive boost leak. Start at your exhaust manifolds and work towards your turbo. Get a chunk of pvc from the hardware store and a Schrader valve and use compressed air to look for leaks. Some.soapy water would help. Hit up a member who is local and ask for help. I've helped several guys on the the forums. You won't find better knowledge than here, anywhere!

I'm pretty sure I have more experience on these things called "forums" for the past 12 years or so than you could possibly imagine ;)

My next bit of advice was the same as yours; a leak down test. There IS something going on with the charge air system. Leaks in the IC, inlet/outlet, boots, SOMETHING. that air is going somewhere besides the cylinders.

Info info info. Even if it seems stupid I'd rather see a bunch of stupid info than 1 important thing because the stupid info helps narrow things down a ton.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
To the OP. How are you monitoring boost?

Also, I'm from Oakdale if you ever need any local help.

As for your future mods. Joey from Terminator Engineering(HPOP's) lives in Modesto. Jody from DP-Tuner comes to Joey's once a year to live tune.

Now when it comes to injector choices. I would say contact Ryan Casserly at Full Force. If you go with his injectors Jody and Joey can help you out with high pressure oil and tuning.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have more experience on these things called "forums" for the past 12 years or so than you could possibly imagine ;)

My next bit of advice was the same as yours; a leak down test. There IS something going on with the charge air system. Leaks in the IC, inlet/outlet, boots, SOMETHING. that air is going somewhere besides the cylinders.

Info info info. Even if it seems stupid I'd rather see a bunch of stupid info than 1 important thing because the stupid info helps narrow things down a ton.

Could have fooled me...

Latest posts

Members online