Input on Build #2

pog

Reaction score
Would it be worth going to a billet wheel in the hp turbo? Currently it's a cast s362. It's going in to get upgraded to a 360 thrust bearing. Shane n i discussed on leaving it cast. Don't know if it's worth the $

swinky

Reaction score
Would it be worth going to a billet wheel in the hp turbo? Currently it's a cast s362. It's going in to get upgraded to a 360 thrust bearing. Shane n i discussed on leaving it cast. Don't know if it's worth the $
This is slightly irrelevant but I ditched a billet wheel in my 66 and put on a cast borg wheel and the cast wheel is worlds better. The cast wheels are great and I seriously doubt you'd see a big difference if any at all. Have you considered a fmw turbo?

madman1234509

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother. Your big turbo is going to make the power. What you'd probably notice on a lighter wheel is spool up, but in a compound set up with a hp turbo that small you're going to be in great shape the way it is. The hp turbo is going to be well in its efficiency range the way it sits.

pog

Reaction score
yeah that's exactly what shane n i came up with. people seem to love 66/88 and mine being a 62/80 it should be pretty quick spooling. thanks

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yes sir. You may even want to upgrade to an 88 in the future if you end up wanting more power. The 66 in my set up I think it what's holding it back from me thinking it's perfect. If I can increase my spool and boost numbers under light acceleration and light throttle just a tiny bit I'd be pretty happy, it's just a matter of choosing a turbo that'll spool a bit better and not lose overall power.

Latest posts

Members online