Input on Build #2

pog

Reaction score
Small update, newton trac bars on. I love them. Shifting is a huge difference and no more surging when braking with the cruise on. I ended up with nicks 5r, got that installed this past week. So far I'm happy where this build is headed. Got the twin tube and elbow painted up will install that this week. Switched to gearhead tunes and am impressed with them. Sold my 60hp nozzles and will be going bigger. I was gonna hit the track last night to test the trans and run the GH race tune but got there and it started to rain. Hopefully this upcoming week ill get to run it.

pog

Reaction score
Its awesome so far man. Huge difference from my stocker lol. I notice it takes a bit more throttle to start going with the tc being a med stall. But when that tc locks sure pulls like a mofo. Did you ever have a vibrating sound in the cab when at a dead stop in gear and park? Its intermittent.

extreme3807

Reaction score
No, never heard of that before. Glad it's working. Put that bitch to the track man.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

pog

Reaction score
Yah man I'm happy with it. It'll be the perfect match once my build is done.

extreme3807

Reaction score
It should be. It held up fine on my truck with months of abuse. Glad your happy with it buddy.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

pog

Reaction score
Right on man. Maybe one day ill need a 4r lol. Badass truck for sure

pog

Reaction score
Haha. I miss vegas. I can't believe how messed up it got there. Glad we met up though.

pog

Reaction score
Hahah he is one hell of a dude to party with. Too funny.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
vegas > truck parts

LOL

sweet build man, curious to see how she pulls at the track. I get the same intermittent vibration when in gear or park. Did it ever since I put in a new converter. Does the truck shake at all?

pog

Reaction score
No the truck doesn't shake. I haven't crawled under there yet while it makes the sound. Could be a bad mount. Ill have to check it out

pog

Reaction score
Oh yeah and ill be running shanes custom intake. I'm stoked for that piece :D

pog

Reaction score
Aren't you upgrading to a bigger hpfp? Thought I heard that somewhere.
Stock hpfp+110's LOL. Jk. That's right erik, I got someone hookin me up with a hpfp. So now its II hpfp+110s+towpowers. Reason I'm going with 110's is that if I ever go with a bigger turbo the fuel will already be there. With proper tuning I should be able to keep egts in check with the tp's. Anyone have feedback running something similar?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You will have plenty of fuel. Aaron is running 110's in his cc I believe, the one in DPC. Should be able to keep it cool with the right tuning.

pog

Reaction score
yeah. im gonna get custom tunes from matt@gearhead. lookin forward to it.