Irate s468 install

JMart

Reaction score
I can tell you for sure to set aside a few days. Once I get the pics up you'll see how tight the fit is for the turbo. Also make sure you can find a 5"-4" boot adapter for the intake side of the turbo.

Final pics and full write up should be coming this afternoon or first thing tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Time I have. Unfortunately time is not always money. Still trying to get everything together to do something like this.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Yea. I was lucky that I had the money after the summer. Was my graduation present to myself. Took me awhile to pull the trigger, but I'm happy I did.

Simply the straight install shouldnt take you too long, but I spent quite a lot of time cleaning the valley while I was at it.

New pics being uploaded as we speak.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Here is the freeze plug being removed from the valley. Make sure when removing it that you dont hit it all the way out like I did. Made it a PITA to get out.
2012-02-04_16-34-21_200.jpg

Finally got it out
2012-02-04_19-33-58_689.jpg

Fiitting in place and installed.

2012-02-04_19-33-47_160.jpg

2012-02-04_19-38-12_109.jpg

Pedestal base installed
2012-02-04_20-47-58_897.jpg

2012-02-04_20-48-27_654.jpg

Uppipes and t4 flange installed

2012-02-04_20-56-52_720.jpg

and finally, a shot of the valley to show Jmart what I meant when I said I used up a lot of time cleaning

2012-02-04_19-57-51_269.jpg

2000wa250

Reaction score
Well considering I have the air filter rigged up and need a permanent solution I haven't ran it too hard so I will get you that info later. Look for the rest of the pics coming up tomorrow.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Tight fit but it worked. How the hell were you able to get the exhaust housing on there and then fit the compressor housing in afterwards...I ended up having to put the whole thing in together...also what did you do for your intake?

Marty

Reaction score
I have not had fitment issues with the T4 kits since jake upped his T4 flange 1/2 and inch.

I've put 65,66,71,74 S400s on his kits without issue.

They were all v-banded compressor covers not slip discharges though.

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
I would definitely have to put in some serious time cleaning the valley. My HPOP is currently leaking down in there. :fustrate:

2000wa250

Reaction score
I have not had fitment issues with the T4 kits since jake upped his T4 flange 1/2 and inch.

I've put 65,66,71,74 S400s on his kits without issue.

They were all v-banded compressor covers not slip discharges though.

Only thing that I have issues with is the compressor housing. I don't believe it could go up an inch and its touching the custom plenum also. Currently trying to figure out an intake system for it

2000wa250

Reaction score
so here is the intake elbow, without any filter on it. I'm trying to work up something to go from this to the stock filter placement so that I can run a 6637 filter on the end of hopefully 4 inch pipe.

2012-02-07_16-28-58_402.jpg

and this is what I have set up for now, only driving the truck about a mile to work and back until i get the intake squared away.

2012-02-07_16-28-16_507.jpg

any suggestions folks? thinking of getting a couple 45 elbows and a coupler and trying to work something out.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Did that piece of silicone tube come with the kit as your intake piping??

Couple things you can do... get some 45*'s and maybe 10'''s of using and build your own. It'll be close that that IC pipe but you should be fine. I'd make one out of 5' tubing and run it into an AFE filter. You spent all that money on a turbo, why hinder performance with a $60 paper filter?

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Tight fit but it worked. How the hell were you able to get the exhaust housing on there and then fit the compressor housing in afterwards...I ended up having to put the whole thing in together...also what did you do for your intake?

lol well i learned that it would only fit as one after i took that pic lol. As for the intake I havent had time to work on it the past week or 2 so its just a open turbo ive only driven around the block a few times. I should be able to fit my 6637 to it with some 4" pipe and a little work.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
ill share a few more pics
2012-01-07_17-49-01_432.jpg

oh and i swapped valve covers for that intake boot to fit right
2012-01-06_11-56-03_762.jpg

2012-01-05_19-46-19_54.jpg

2012-01-05_19-46-53_753.jpg

2012-01-05_19-47-19_465.jpg

2012-01-02_18-31-44_399.jpg

I havnt dropped my 275/200's in yet cant wait to see what she will do. Oh and that drain tube was a pita.

Last edited:

2000wa250

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid switching valve covers. So far I was able to get the boot on the turbo solidly with the CCV there. It isnt easy, but I'll trade the hassle of getting the boot on over the hassle of taking my intake off every time I need to chance the oil and the hassle of getting oil into the fill hole. However, it is my backup to switch the valve covers if I notice any issues. I'm liking that set-up sahara, where does your MAP sensor hook in? I see grey hose going to what looks like a boost fooler, but how does that then go to your MAP sensor? Jakes fuel system looks sweet on your rig! too bad I already had a reg return or else I would have gone with his, the look of the hard lines is awesome.

On another note, how was yours able to fit without removing that third bolt from the back on the drivers side plenum? Mine kept rubbing against the turbo and wouldnt let it line up correctly. I'd love to be able to get that bolt back in, but I talked to jake and he said it shouldnt be a problem not having it attached.

So far I'm like you, I really want to go out and flog the thing and see what shes got, but since i'm not confident in the intake set up I dont want to risk it.

As far as the 6637 vs AFE, my AFE filter is trashed, PO messed it up pretty bad and it has been on my list to replace for awhile. The 6637 has been proven to filter and flow just as well as long as it is clean, and I have a local napa that stocks them and has them priced at only 30 bucks so it would work for me. Eventually down the road I plan to go to a AFE Big Boost filter, but if i set up it to work with the 6637 I know that the big boost will work given they are similar dimensions.

Sorry for the long winded response, just want to get this buttoned up and done.

Oh one more thing, does anyone know if it matters what ports the HPOP Hoses attach into? What about the ICP sensor? Assuming the wiring is long enough is there any reason that the ICP sensor could not be moved to another port and the same wiht the hoses so that a HPx can be used in the stock HPOP hose ports?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid switching valve covers. So far I was able to get the boot on the turbo solidly with the CCV there. It isnt easy, but I'll trade the hassle of getting the boot on over the hassle of taking my intake off every time I need to chance the oil and the hassle of getting oil into the fill hole. However, it is my backup to switch the valve covers if I notice any issues. I'm liking that set-up sahara, where does your MAP sensor hook in? I see grey hose going to what looks like a boost fooler, but how does that then go to your MAP sensor? Jakes fuel system looks sweet on your rig! too bad I already had a reg return or else I would have gone with his, the look of the hard lines is awesome.

On another note, how was yours able to fit without removing that third bolt from the back on the drivers side plenum? Mine kept rubbing against the turbo and wouldnt let it line up correctly. I'd love to be able to get that bolt back in, but I talked to jake and he said it shouldnt be a problem not having it attached.

Jake told you its okay to not put bolts in the Wide Open plenums? I would seriously consider maybe finding a bolt with a shallower head or one with a flange head and grinding it down a hair to clear

So far I'm like you, I really want to go out and flog the thing and see what shes got, but since i'm not confident in the intake set up I dont want to risk it.

As far as the 6637 vs AFE, my AFE filter is trashed, PO messed it up pretty bad and it has been on my list to replace for awhile. The 6637 has been proven to filter and flow just as well as long as it is clean, and I have a local napa that stocks them and has them priced at only 30 bucks so it would work for me. Eventually down the road I plan to go to a AFE Big Boost filter, but if i set up it to work with the 6637 I know that the big boost will work given they are similar dimensions.

They don't flow the same.

Sorry for the long winded response, just want to get this buttoned up and done.

Oh one more thing, does anyone know if it matters what ports the HPOP Hoses attach into? What about the ICP sensor? Assuming the wiring is long enough is there any reason that the ICP sensor could not be moved to another port and the same wiht the hoses so that a HPx can be used in the stock HPOP hose ports?

You can run those lines to whatever ports you please. the only limiting factor is the lines themselves.... ICP you can move around where ever you please. Those are common pressure rails. its the same across the board.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
just to give an idea what i did with my s400 turbo, 5-4'' reducer, 90 long elbo and used the stock obs intake boot to accommodate the last bend. fits factory almost.
IMAG0115.jpg

Latest posts

Members online