Just finished up Josh's headlights

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
no I mean the top where the blinker bulb is. Like on all the 6.4 lights that part isn't painted, but all the 6.7 lights i've seen that area has been painted.

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
no I mean the top where the blinker bulb is. Like on all the 6.4 lights that part isn't painted, but all the 6.7 lights i've seen that area has been painted.

The problem is with the 6.7s they are one piece. Its a nightmare trying to tape it off and not have the chrome come off with it. Still working on trying to figure it out. On the 6.4s the 2 reflector buckets were separate from the bezel. But for some reason the genius behind the computer at ford decided to make it one piece ? But we're working on figuring it all out. If the masking tape has low adhesion where the chrome isn't getting peeled, there is always bleed through. When we use tape with higher adhesion, it takes the chrome with it. We did one that we ended up using the low adhesion tape, the trim bled through, so we ended up getting it pin stripped. But it was on a test set and at the end it would cost way too much to even consider having it as an option.

Reaction score
The problem is with the 6.7s they are one piece. Its a nightmare trying to tape it off and not have the chrome come off with it. Still working on trying to figure it out. On the 6.4s the 2 reflector buckets were separate from the bezel. But for some reason the genius behind the computer at ford decided to make it one piece ? But we're working on figuring it all out. If the masking tape has low adhesion where the chrome isn't getting peeled, there is always bleed through. When we use tape with higher adhesion, it takes the chrome with it. We did one that we ended up using the low adhesion tape, the trim bled through, so we ended up getting it pin stripped. But it was on a test set and at the end it would cost way too much to even consider having it as an option.

So I guess thats why you went against what I asked for and painted my top bucket. You never once mentioned that it couldnt be left chrome. I cant believe that in the 4 months that you have had my lights I still did not get what I asked for and even got some extra crooked letters that myself and the rest of this boards dislikes.

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
If you recall Josh, the design on these headlights were changed multiple times and in the end we delivered to you what was possibly the best outcome. Being the fact that you didn't pay a single dime for them, telling us your truck would be at SEMA (which was our initial agreement for this sponsorship) and not showing up because your "transmission broke" wasn't quite the best outcome. If you dont like these lights, there are hundreds of people who like them more. Send them back. I'll send you some stockers. And the "crooked letters" you speak of, again, it may not be to your liking, but its our logo. Again Josh, don't play the innocent game when you didn't deliver at ALL on your part of the sponsorship agreement. Many people on here know exactly who I am, and how honest of a person I am, you perhaps need to find another shop to serve your needs (if it exists)

Reaction score
I have not had a chance to deliver on my part of the deal. The lights were delivered 7/21 to you. You didnt start painting them for probably close to two months after that. I just recieved the lights from you yesterday, so how would I have even made SEMA?

Also our agreement was for me to mention you in my 8-Lug Article, and have a logo on the truck for sema, not a logo painted into the light.

The only thing that was changed was things that I wanted that you were unable to do. The only thing that I changed was originally I had you paint the side reflector silver then asked you to change it back to black. The initial design of the light was changed by you because you were unable to produce what I wanted and we made agreements on how to proceed. never did i just decide to change it right in the middle of things. Now I have lights that were not done according to our agreement.

Bottom line is, 4 months later, lights that are not according to our agreed spec, and did not meet the deadline that you commited too.

BUYERS BEWARE!

Tonka350

Reaction score
how much do you charge to do a set of headlights? I'm wanting to have mine "harleyized"........kinda....I just want the front reflector on mine blacked out nothing else....but I'm afraid of splitting the case on them.

Chad

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.