KC Drop in s300 turbine with billet wheel turbo testing

DieselDC

Reaction score
OBS turbines are in stock (still left over from the first batch).
Superduty turbines are all out... We are hoping to have more in the next few weeks.

Thanks I’ll check back in a few.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Back woods

Reaction score

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Kudos to KC, I took some videos of my trucks free revving after the SXE install.

First truck has a stock spec SD turbo with the SXE turbine and 9+0 billet compressor wheel through a 4" straight pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gc4wBMQ278

Excursion has a Van turbo, 70mm SXE, ATS ported housing, 9+0 billet wheel. Exhaust is full 4" with resonator and muffler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUMgHKC3FbA

Awesome! You must have been one of the testers. What were your before/after thoughts?

Reaction score
Did not see the turbine wheel on your website. Could any airflow be gained by fabbing the factory turbo outlet to work with 3" intake plenums?

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score

ja_cain

Reaction score
Good stuff! With those injectors, how much quicker do you think the spool up is compared to the KC38R?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Good stuff! With those injectors, how much quicker do you think the spool up is compared to the KC38R?

I would only be guessing at this point, but we will have data here soon. We plan to end with the KC38r on the truck and will have exact data.

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
I would only be guessing at this point, but we will have data here soon. We plan to end with the KC38r on the truck.
That's awesome you guys are doing this! You releasing any new bb variants any time soon? I'm thinking if the 38r spools as fast or almost as fast as this hybrid then there should be no need. One suggestion I have with the KC38r would be provision for a speed sensor like the sxe's have. That would be the icing on the cake. :)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
We really don't want this to get into a pissing match between tuners/injector builders/pump manufacturer (not saying you are trying to do that, just want to be clear).

We have personally ran different tuners back to back... There are always trade offs. What I will say is that we LOVE working with Jelibuilt, 1023, ********, and SDK. We do all of our testing with their tunes. This particular test was on tunes from Jelibuilt. His 4.2ms drag ripper, we also ran a 3.7ms street tune and lost a little power.

Full Force Diesel Injectors. We LOVE working with them. They are our go to company for injectors.

CNC Fab stage 1 hpop
something in the hpo system is not up to par. My 170/100s from caserly in my dually hold 2900+psi all day long in the hottest tune it has. And that hpop has 100k of abuse on it.

live life full throttle

KCTurbos

Reaction score
That's awesome you guys are doing this! You releasing any new bb variants any time soon? I'm thinking if the 38r spools as fast or almost as fast as this hybrid then there should be no need. One suggestion I have with the KC38r would be provision for a speed sensor like the sxe's have. That would be the icing on the cake. :)

Never been asked the question about the speed sensor. It is possible. I would just have to adjust the mold and make a new batch of covers... but not sure there is enough demand for that. I know the SXE covers have a speed port... but I don't even know ANYONE that utilizes it.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
something in the hpo system is not up to par. My 170/100s from caserly in my dually hold 2900+psi all day long in the hottest tune it has. And that hpop has 100k of abuse on it.

live life full throttle

Not sure what to say... I have had someone here testing their 160/100 and they also hold about the same as mine.

I have check for leaks, replaced all the injectors, changed out the Hpop to an upgraded unit... still does not hold very well above 3.4ms

I have theorized that bigger nozzles might hold ICP better because they are not pulsing as long as smaller injectors. But I could argue either way on that point.

We might try a 20 degree stage 2 hpop just to see what it does... but then I think we might try some new Full Force 200/30 hybrids to see how they compare. Then switch back to a stock hpop because ideally that is what you would want with this type of hybrids. If you could do a small set of hybrids, and not upgrade your hpop. Then it would be a huge advantage over the 180/30... at least for those wanting more than 400hp.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Not sure what to say... I have had someone here testing their 160/100 and they also hold about the same as mine.

I have check for leaks, replaced all the injectors, changed out the Hpop to an upgraded unit... still does not hold very well above 3.4ms

I have theorized that bigger nozzles might hold ICP better because they are not pulsing as long as smaller injectors. But I could argue either way on that point.

We might try a 20 degree stage 2 hpop just to see what it does... but then I think we might try some new Full Force 200/30 hybrids to see how they compare. Then switch back to a stock hpop because ideally that is what you would want with this type of hybrids. If you could do a small set of hybrids, and not upgrade your hpop. Then it would be a huge advantage over the 180/30... at least for those wanting more than 400hp.
What oil are you running?

live life full throttle

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I will double check oil type.

But 180/30 are not known to hold ICP on really hot tunes. At least not from anyone I have talked to. Maybe a 3.2 tune... but not a 4.2ms tune. With only a 30% nozzle it is gonna take a lot of PW to dump all the fuel.

Swaan

Reaction score
My pis 175/80s would suck back the oil. Even with an adrenaline on my hottest tune wouldn't hold. Just sayin.

Small hybrids for the win

KCTurbos

Reaction score
My pis 175/80s would suck back the oil. Even with an adrenaline on my hottest tune wouldn't hold. Just sayin.

Small hybrids for the win

Yep... that is what I hear.

We sell a lot of 180/30s and customers love them. It is not like ICP is dropping like a rock. But it is not holding 3000psi so it is leaving power on the table for sure.

If we did not datalog it then we might not have even noticed.

It made the "advertised" 400hp, tows like a dream, runs super clean, cool egts, etc.

DieselDC

Reaction score
For what it’s worth.... cncfab stg2 hpop for the win :)

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
We sell a lot of 180/30s and customers love them. It is not like ICP is dropping like a rock. But it is not holding 3000psi so it is leaving power on the table for sure.

Oh man - we know it, too. Last year, customers had 160's and this year it's 180's. They're strong, super popular, and oil be like:

fat-kid-throwing-glass-milk-face-1372687860S.gif

Every call is "Hey I'm on ______'s 180's and I need more oil."